TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page If Creationist truly have a credible argument, why do they always lie?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#76) Old
Hi

GuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peers
GuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peers
July 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taikoo View Post
True you didnt ask me but since you responded anyway i will sure try to answer.

I would not say that "creationists always lie".

I would say that any argument I have ever seen put forward by a creationist against evolution has not been a misrepresentation, a half truth, a misleading statement, an outright falsehood (intentional or otherwise), an expression of ignorance, etc.

The way a person falsifies a scientific theory is with reliable data.

So far, no creationist (probably such would be among the least likely to do so) has ever come up with data point one that would in any way falsify the ToE.

In the absence of data, like say the famously missing cambrian bunny, the creationists have nothing real to say. Not real is not the same as lying, but it sure not the same as true and valid.

Do you think that "goddidit" isnt the cretionist explanation for everything?
Ok, still waiting to see if Non-excluvistic stands by his statement that creationists always lie, or was he lying when he said that.

No, actually I do believe that "godidit" is the proper explanation for everything. Although I'd write it as "God did it." But I get your meaning.

"I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

"Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot

(#77) Old
Over 5000 post club

taikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputation
July 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post
Ok, still waiting to see if Non-excluvistic stands by his statement that creationists always lie, or was he lying when he said that.

No, actually I do believe that "godidit" is the proper explanation for everything. Although I'd write it as "God did it." But I get your meaning.
Ok standing by.

(#78) Old
TOL Legend

The Barbarian is well respected by his peers
The Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peers
July 13th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Creationists don't always lie. Some of them are my friends and have my respect. Even some of their leaders are relentlessly truthful.

Unfortunately, the bigger organizations, such as the ICR and AiG, routinely put dishonest material on their websites.

A lot of the dishonest material presented here is posted here by someone who's only sin is in trusting dishonest people.

(#79) Old
Hi

GuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peers
GuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peers
July 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM

I doubt Non-excluvistic believes creationists always lie. I think he just channeled his inner-gamera and got caught up in a wild over-exageration.

"I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

"Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot

(#80) Old
Over 5000 post club

taikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputationtaikoo has a large reputation
July 13th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I doubt Non-excluvistic believes creationists always lie. I think he just channeled his inner-gamera and got caught up in a wild over-exageration.
creo sites sure lie a lot.

(#81) Old
BANNED

Non-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselvesNon-Excluvistic is making a name for themselves
July 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
They lie a lot. LOTS! I would bet on always, whether they are misrepresenting, being intellectually dishonest or bold face lying. Always fudging facts. Jew, Christian, Muslim and any other creationist believing group. The fundamentalist mindset makes way for irrationality which leads to lying to defend the belief they hold, even when it's plainly false. I'd have to see one not lie to change my mind.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...3&postcount=81

Last edited by Non-Excluvistic; July 16th, 2010 at 08:47 AM..

Tags
atheists are morons, creationism, evolution, fundamentalist, intelligent design, stripe non-science