TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Paul Was Sent To The Gentiles--Peter To The Jews
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
TOL Legend

Squeaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peers
Cool Paul Was Sent To The Gentiles--Peter To The Jews - August 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Paul went to the Gentiles, and Peter went to the Jews.

Gal 2:7-10
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:19-22
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
(NKJ)

Matt 19:3-8
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?"
4 And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,'
5 "and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
6 "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
7 They said to Him, "Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?"
8 He said to them, "Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
(NKJ)

Gal 1:15-19
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,
16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.
(NKJ)

Acts 15:23-36
23 They wrote this letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings.
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
30 So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter.
31 When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement.
32 Now Judas and Silas, themselves being prophets also, exhorted and strengthened the brethren with many words.
33 And after they had stayed there for a time, they were sent back with greetings from the brethren to the apostles.
34 However, it seemed good to Silas to remain there.
35 Paul and Barnabas also remained in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.
36 Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they are doing."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 3:1-15

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
(NKJ)

Titus 2:1-13

1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:
2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;
3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise exhort the young men to be sober-minded,
7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,
8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
9 Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back,
10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

XXX As you can see Paul was sent to the Gentiles and Peter was sent to the Jews. And anyone that is born again knows why, you dont teach everyone the same way. Just like you dont teach women the way you would men, or servants the way you would elders. Or even children the way you would grown ups.

(#2) Old
TOL Legend

Squeaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peersSqueaky is well respected by his peers
August 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM

People are missing some very important issures here. Peter walked with Jesus. And Peter was sent to the Jews which already had many preconceived ideas about God. Paul was sent to the Gentiles which didnt have any preconceived ideas. Getting something across to the Jews was a much harder job, than getting something across to the Gentiles. Peter had a much harder job than Paul did. And remember Paul went to Peter to get the parchments and learn from Peter.

(#3) Old
Over 4000 post club

Paulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peers
August 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
As you can see Paul was sent to the Gentiles and Peter was sent to the Jews.
Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, "Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe."

(#4) Old
TOL Legend

August 21st, 2010, 12:50 PM

Some idiots think that Peter didnt have the truth in him. But just like Moses, Peter had the truth. A prophet does not need to lie for others to miss the truth. God is the one who allows satan to blind people from the truth, not the prophet.

Exod 4:21
21 And the LORD said to Moses, "When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.
(NKJ)

Exod 7:1-3

1 So the LORD said to Moses: "See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.
2 "You shall speak all that I command you. And Aaron your brother shall speak to Pharaoh, to send the children of Israel out of his land.
3 "And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.
(NKJ)

Exod 14:3-4
3 "For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, 'They are bewildered by the land; the wilderness has closed them in.'
4 "Then I will harden Pharaoh's heart, so that he will pursue them; and I will gain honor over Pharaoh and over all his army, that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD." And they did so.
(NKJ)

John 12:40-41
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, lest they should see with their eyes, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them."
41 These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.
(NKJ)

(#5) Old
TOL Legend

August 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, "Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe."
I said
But he was first sent to the Jews.
Gal 2:7-10
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

(#6) Old
TOL Subscriber

godrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peers
August 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM

Demarcation of ministry, not proof of MAD's two NT post-cross gospels theory.

Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

(#7) Old
TOL Legend

August 21st, 2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
I said
Look again God set all the limits. And what is MAD?

(#8) Old
TOL Subscriber

godrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peers
August 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I said
Look again God set all the limits. And what is MAD?
Where have you been? Mid-Acts dispensationalism, a view on TOL that proof texts Gal. 2 to say there are two true NT gospels (circ vs uncirc) instead of two target audiences with two ministry teams, but one message/gospel.

(#9) Old
TOL Legend

August 21st, 2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Where have you been? Mid-Acts dispensationalism, a view on TOL that proof texts Gal. 2 to say there are two true NT gospels (circ vs uncirc) instead of two target audiences with two ministry teams, but one message/gospel.
I said
lol Now you know I dont get into that man made stuff.

(#10) Old
TOL Subscriber

August 21st, 2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I said
lol Now you know I dont get into that man made stuff.
Moi non plus.....

BTW, when are you going to stop denying the biblical Deity of Christ and become a real Christian?

Can I ask where you are from? I suspect Mars. I am from Canada. I am a paramedic. Do you do anything productive? Are you retired, in jail, or what?

(#11) Old
Over 3000 post club

heir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peers
heir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peers
August 21st, 2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
you don't miss a beat, do you godrulz? Where there is "MAD" there you'll be.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

August 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heir View Post
you don't miss a beat, do you godrulz? Where there is "MAD" there you'll be.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
So? Renowned Greek scholar A.T. Robertson's Word Pictures shows that the grammar is consistent with demarcation of ministry. Two gospel theories undermine His finished work and should be rejected.

Looks like you also are where MAD is?

(#13) Old
TOL Legend

August 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Moi non plus.....

BTW, when are you going to stop denying the biblical Deity of Christ and become a real Christian?

Can I ask where you are from? I suspect Mars. I am from Canada. I am a paramedic. Do you do anything productive? Are you retired, in jail, or what?
I said
lol When are you going to define it according to the dictionary and stop making up your own definition.
Deity-Divinity

I have seen these words used in so many different context, that I had to go to the library and look in the big dictionary. To try to find out why these people are using it the way they are. It amazed me. The carnal language is dangerous because it is satans play ground. Satan can use the carnal mind, change a few words, exaggerate anything there. But the spiritual mind which is only verses, he has no power. He can only try with a piece of a verse, and this is why I tell everybody. If you ever get a piece of a verse, go look it up for verification. But he(satan) will not use a whole verse because that is glorifiing Christ. And satan is anti-christ. Now when I speak of verses I'm speaking of new testament verses, because we know that he(satan) quotes old testament verses. And yes the Holy Spirit quotes old testament verses to. But Christ is the new testament. Anyway check out these deffinitions from the big dictionary at the library.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

Now it doesnt say that Jesus is God, what it says is He is second in command, it says Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but over every other creature in heaven and on earth.
I got my deffinitions from websters new world dictionary copyright 1993

And No I dont do nothing, dont have to God gives me everything. I have reentered the garden of eden.

(#14) Old
TOL Legend

August 21st, 2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
So? Renowned Greek scholar A.T. Robertson's Word Pictures shows that the grammar is consistent with demarcation of ministry. Two gospel theories undermine His finished work and should be rejected.

Looks like you also are where MAD is?
I said
Lets see who to believe? heir quotes scripture, and you as usual just give your own opinion.

(#15) Old
TOL Subscriber

August 21st, 2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I said
Lets see who to believe? heir quotes scripture, and you as usual just give your own opinion.
Gal. 2:7 See, I quote the same Scripture heir and you did. You are famous for quoting Scripture out of context and for coming up with bizarre interpretations of it.

Jn. 1:1

Your Arian view was refuted centuries ago. Jesus is God, not creature. Secular dictionaries do not trump theological ones nor the Bible itself.