TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Planets from Clouds (PAM4)
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#181) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
February 14th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBJ View Post
But that is a separate question from the issue of pressure acting in opposition to gravity. As I already pointed out, the clouds exist, we can see them. Whether we consider how the clouds came to be or not, the claim you made several times about “clouds can’t condense into a planet” is one you clearly are not competent to defend.

When you feel you can stick to the subject you proposed in your OP, let me know.

Did you actually think that Stripe was looking for an answer in this thread? How could he be when he already knows the answer?

Militant Moderate

(#182) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
February 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBJ View Post
When you feel you can stick to the subject you proposed in your OP, let me know.

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."
-Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

(#183) Old
Over 4000 post club

chair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peers
February 14th, 2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
And another wrong-headed thread by Stripe ends with a whimper...

(#184) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
February 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Watson View Post
Completely different things with completely different units
So then force can be applied without energy? Ok.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#185) Old
Over 750 post club

Dr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselves
February 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
So then force can be applied without energy? Ok.
Since energy is the capacity to do work and work is a force over a distance, yes, you can have a force (mass times acceleration) without energy. The application of force would be a general way of saying "work". So in other words, you asked, rhetorically in an attempt to be a smart-alec, "so then work can be done without energy? Ok.". But, of course, that has nothing to do with my comment to Stipe that you so clumsily barged in on. However, even if it were true that you couldn't have a force without first having the capacity to do work, that's not the same as implying that they are the same general thing.

Congrats. You get the prize for most idiotic comment of the day.

Last edited by Dr.Watson; February 16th, 2011 at 09:19 AM..

(#186) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
February 16th, 2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Since energy is the capacity to do work and work is a force over a distance, yes, you can have a force (mass times acceleration) without energy. The application of force would be a general way of saying "work". So in other words, you asked, rhetorically in an attempt to be a smart-alec, "so then work can be done without energy? Ok.". But, of course, that has nothing to do with my comment to Stipe that you so clumsily barged in on.
Ah, Watson. I don't think I've ever seen so much knowledge used to say absolutely nothing in my whole life. Is this good for the income or something?

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#187) Old
Over 750 post club

Dr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselvesDr.Watson is making a name for themselves
February 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Ah, Watson. I don't think I've ever seen so much knowledge used to say absolutely nothing in my whole life. Is this good for the income or something?
Likewise, I've never before seen someone attempt to pass off nothing as knowledge with as much effort that you exert. I would suggest actually attempting to acquire some of the latter mentioned rather than all the pretending. It might actually be less effort in the end and you might find it somewhat useful.

(#188) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

February 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Likewise, I've never before seen someone attempt to pass off nothing as knowledge with as much effort that you exert. I would suggest actually attempting to acquire some of the latter mentioned rather than all the pretending. It might actually be less effort in the end and you might find it somewhat useful.
What should I do in order to acquire this knowledge? Should I study and obtain a university degree in earth science? Should I work with students and professors to produce scholarly articles and to process data? Should I read technical journals? Should I discuss my ideas with informed people?

Would that be enough or is there something else I should think about doing?

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#189) Old
Over 750 post club

February 16th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
What should I do in order to acquire this knowledge? Should I study and obtain a university degree in earth science?
I don't think that degree has done much good for you. You previously demonstrated to me that your understanding of many things you should be familiar with, if you really do have such a degree, is abysmal (and not just lacking).

Quote:
Should I work with students and professors to produce scholarly articles and to process data?
Oh, you're published? Please link me to one of your peer reviewed articles.

Quote:
Should I read technical journals? Should I discuss my ideas with informed people?
What's the point if the exercise of either of these is just in your own personal incredulity?

(#190) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

February 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I don't think that degree has done much good for you.
Oh. So I should just ignore your advice then. That seems like a pretty good idea.

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#191) Old
Over 5000 post club

Jukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peersJukia is well respected by his peers
February 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Once again, Stripe breaks the irony meter

"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight in vain", G. Smiley

"Send money, guns and lawyers..." W. Zevon

"If it is possible for something to happen, that is evidence that it did happen." Stripe on TOL

"There but for fortune...", P. Ochs

Tags
astronomy, pam, physics, science