RSF: Spiders & Termites & Magnets
This is the show from Friday April 8thth, 2011.
* Spider Webs, Termite Mounds, Earth's Magnetic Force
: Co-hosts Fred Williams
with Creation Research Society, and Bob Enyart, on this episode of Real Science Friday draw from the latest issue of Creation
magazine, April - June 2011 and the Winter 2011 CRSQ
Creation Research Society Quarterly. The guys start the show asking how, theoretically, vital organs could evolve, since by definition, they are vital.
- Spider Glue: Not only is the spider's web stronger than any man-made material including Kevlar and steel, but the spider applies twenty drops of glue per millimeter so that insects will get stuck. So, first you have to evolve a spider, then a web, and then the sticky stuff. But this sticky stuff is a "smart material" that holds tighter when an insect is moving quickly trying to get away, but the glue loosens up when the spider slowly moves the dead bug into the kitchen. Oh yeah, and by the way, the glue polymers are cross-linked so that when a bug pulls to get away the force of the adhesion will spread throughout the entire drop of glue. Too cool. And speaking of cool...
- Termite Mounds: These bugs build more highly efficient structures than anything man has ever built, including 30-foot tall mounds that mitigate heat and sunlight, house fungi farms, control moisture, and deny entrance to "air vibrating at higher frequencies" while permitting entry of air vibrating with a low frequency which turns the entire structure into a virtual lung which effectively aspirates and maintains the whole colony. So, conceptually by Darwinism, a bug would get a random mutation in an amino acid in it's deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) molecule which would somehow confer to it the idea to build a grand structure. However, that magic mutation will not benefit the colony unless that one bug gets the colony to agree to his ambitious plan. And how could that happen unless the whole colony had that mutation. This is the chicken-and-the-egg problem that evolution faces everywhere. Proteins need DNA to be built, and the DNA needs the proteins to maintain it.
- Carbon 14 Gives Gas to Evolutionists: Carbon 14, increasingly a problem for Darwinists, is the friend of young-earth creationists. Why? C-14 decays in only thousands of years, and therefore, cannot last for millions of years. Thus evolutionists are shocked when they find find Carbon-14 EVERYWHERE it shouldn't be
if the earth were old. Now The Plot
thickens. Just as forensic accountants
can often determine when a criminal business has cooked its books merely by doing a Benford statistical analysis
of the numbers, so too mathematicians have long known that statistical analysis can indicate whether scientific data is a result of measurement errors
. So while evolutionists have been forced to claim that all that C-14 results from contamination, but statistical analysis indicates that when plotting those errant ages, they should fit a normal curve. However, they do not. As documented by Rick Sanders in A Case of "Missing" Decay in CRSQ
, Not only does their distribution provide evidence that the radiometric ages do not result from contamination errors, but they suggest that the specimens were buried in a single global event.
- Earth's Magnetic Field Decay: Russell Humphreys of Sandia National Labs published accurate predictions of the magnetic fields of Neptune and Uranus
before NASA's Voyager mission confirmed his work. Dr. Humphreys has also written extensively on Earth's magnetic field and has now included the available measurements through 2010 in his update, Earth's Magnetic Field Is Decaying Steadily. Like with forensic accounting and statistical analysis, as numbers can often tell a lot about data, not only is the Earth's magnetic field decaying exponentially suggesting an origin of only thousands of years ago, but the decay patterns "weigh heavily against the idea that there is currently a 'dynamo' process at work in the core that would ultimately restore the lost energy back to the field. Without such a restoration mechanism, the field can only have a limited lifetime, in the thousands of years."
: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio or video debates we offer through our Real Science Friday broadcasts!
So have you browsed through our Science Department
in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy
! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning
! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet
), and Illustra Media’sUnlocking the Mystery of Life
)! You can consider our BELScience Pack
; Bob Enyart’sAge of the Earth Debate
; Bob's debate about Junk DNA
with the infamous anti-creationist Dr. Eugenie Scott. And if you have young kids or grand kids, you owe it to them and to yourself to give them as a gift the SUPERB kids' radio programming on audio CD,Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins
! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendousCreation magazine
and if you're up to reading more technical scientific articles, you'll also want to subscribe to CRSQ
! And to order any of our BEL science products by phone, just call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist
British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Friday so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe
: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio
: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism
: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSF Offer of $2,000
to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...