RSF: Evolution of Finger Prints
This is the show from Friday May 27th, 2011.
* Can Darwinism Make Fingerprints? Real Science Friday
co-hosts Fred Williams
and Bob Enyart talk about the evolution of Real Science Friday the evolution of fingerprints!
* Evolution of Fingerprints
: The fingerprint information management and maintenance system goes so far beyond and is so completely irrelevant to any physical gripping benefit of providing ridges for tactile functionality, that fingerprints could not evolve by the neo-Darwinist mechanisms of mutation and natural selection. Fingerprints in gorillas, chimpanzees, koala bears
, and humans cannot evolve by any Darwinian process because no survival benefit in the wild could be conferred by any of the functional requirements in its complex multi-part system. Having no theoretical survival value means that evolution is back to pre-Darwinian days before natural selection was considered as a possible way of answering the mathematical impossibility of evolution. Consider however that the following system requirements provide no survival value, thus the large commitment of resources to develop and transmit this system cannot be explained by evolution:
- the system will vary the design between billions of individuals
- the system will begin to implement the unique prints in early offspring development
- the fingerprints will scale as tiny digits grow through puberty and into adulthood
- the pattern will survive and even re-emerge through most injuries to fingers
- the process of skin formation including the programmed cell death of billions of cells to constantly reform the epidermis will not alter the programmed pattern.
Understandably the Creator would put unique, lifelong fingerprints (and footprints) on human beings because of the importance of, and our ability to make use of, identification. But, why might the Creator put fingerprints on non-human creatures? You can find out by listening to this show!
* The Evolution of Real Science Friday
: Bob and Fred talk about
- the inception of Real Science Friday
- the polite threat from National Public Radio to stop using the name
- RSF's polite response
- the more than 120 freely-accessible shows in the Real Science Friday archives
- the recollections of favorite RSF programs.
: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio or video debates we offer through our Real Science Friday broadcasts!
So have you browsed through our Science Department
in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy
! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning
! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet
), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life
)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack
; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate
; Bob's debate about Junk DNA
with the infamous anti-creationist Dr. Eugenie Scott. And if you have young kids or grand kids, you owe it to them and to yourself to give them as a gift the SUPERB kids' radio programming on audio CD, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins
! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s great Creation magazine
and if you're up to reading more technical scientific articles, you'll also want to subscribe to CRSQ
! And to order any of our BEL science products by phone, just call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday
- RSF's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist
British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Friday so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe
: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio
: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism
: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSF Offer of $2,000
to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...