TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page Stars upside-down on GOP elephant
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

(#1) Old
Over 4000 post club

BabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peers
Stars upside-down on GOP elephant - August 16th, 2011, 11:33 AM

I had never noticed until yesterday that the GOP elephant logo has all the stars upside down... had you? If you did and know why they do that, let me know....

If anyone can find out when this changed and why I'd like to know.

I found liberal sites that says Republicans are of the devil because our stars are pentagrams.

I see Hillary Clinton had used flags with the stars like this too but heck that could have been photo shopped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (59.2 KB, 7 views)

"Myths are not lies," Tolkien countered, among the swaying trees of Magdalen Grove. Materialistic progress leads only to the abyss, Tolkien said, but the myths we tell reflect a fragment of the true light. He argued the Christ story functions as a myth, just like the Scandinavian myths they had loved, with one difference: The Christian myth was true.

(#2) Old
Over 4000 post club

BabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peersBabyChristian is well respected by his peers
August 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyChristian View Post
I had never noticed until yesterday that the GOP elephant logo has all the stars upside down... had you? If you did and know why they do that, let me know....

I found liberal sites that says Republicans are of the devil because our stars are pentagrams.

I see Hillary Clinton had used flags with the stars like this too but heck that could have been photo shopped.
I see in 2008 the stars have been done the right way and it even has the trademark of the GOP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008conventionlogo_275.jpg (24.0 KB, 1 views)

(#3) Old
Journeyman

Omega39 will become famous soon enoughOmega39 will become famous soon enoughOmega39 will become famous soon enough
August 16th, 2011, 11:47 AM

I don't think there is a definite answer on why the stars were turned "upside-down." I believe it all depends on the manner of perspective. For example, the stars also look like that they are leaning to the right or left.

Interestingly, the Medal of Honor has the same shape too.

(#4) Old
TOL Subscriber

zoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peers
zoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peers
August 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyChristian View Post

Yeah, you should get in touch with Alex Jones. Take it [the TRUTH] to the streets! I don't know how folks don't see what's going on! The medal of honor is also an "upside down" [cough - upside down!?!] star. What?? This is all MORE proof of satanic commie New World Order. How much proof do people need!?! What, do folks actually believe it was a coincidence that Lincoln was assassinated in a theater!?! While wearing a SUIT (which conveniently rhymes with "BEIRUT")!?! Please. Don't insult my intelligence! Jefferson wasn't a founding father, either!! Thank goodness that some folks can see the upside-down star TRUTH!

"There was so much handwriting on the wall that even the wall fell down"

"In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas. The source of better ideas is wisdom. The surest path to wisdom is a liberal education." – Alfred Whitney, Essays on Education

Don't you know
That it ain't a crime
If all the squares
And the junkmen
Think you're out of line

TH: