TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page What Is 'Appropriate Dress' For A Woman?
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#181) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elohiym View Post
I'm not a defender of your moral degenerate lifestyle.

Why don't you completely cease from sin and stop being a hypocrite already?

It disgusts me that you continue to willfully sin from time-to-time, yet think you are better than others.
We're all sinners elo. The difference between you and me is that I don't make excuses for mine, and I ESPECIALLY don't make excuses for a lifestyle and an extremely well financed politically backed movement that goes against God's word in the very first chapter of the Bible.

"Make no mistake: Children are the target of what I call the “sexual anarchy movement.” Whether it’s the movement’s pedophile wing that seeks to literally rape children, or its radical pro-abortion, homosexualist and feminist wings, which seek to rape the minds of children, the larger sexual anarchy movement has a shared goal: Attack, corrupt and destroy God’s design for human sexuality. Children are just collateral damage."

Matt Barber from his article "Sexual Anarchy"

(#182) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
Elo is a pretty decent and compassionate fellow and family man who also happens to be a Christian.

Unlike you, he actually HAS a sense of humor and doesn't need to draw attention to himself with vulgarity.

Just face the fact that you are morally inferior and get over yourself.

Officer.
In other words: he's one of those "good Christians" that let's atheists and their pagan siblings "do their own thing" without retribution.

"Make no mistake: Children are the target of what I call the “sexual anarchy movement.” Whether it’s the movement’s pedophile wing that seeks to literally rape children, or its radical pro-abortion, homosexualist and feminist wings, which seek to rape the minds of children, the larger sexual anarchy movement has a shared goal: Attack, corrupt and destroy God’s design for human sexuality. Children are just collateral damage."

(#183) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Rusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peers
Rusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
In other words: he's one of those "good Christians" that let's atheists and their pagan siblings "do their own thing" without retribution.
Nah, that's just silly. YOU allow Atheists and Pagans to do our own thing ... there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

You know this, which is why you are so bitter.

Officer.

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. ~ Scott Hamilton

(#184) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 07:45 AM

Being part Ferengi ...

I believe women should wear no clothes at all. Only the men must wear clothes. This is because men look ridiculous, naked, while women pretty much always look good. Women should be rewarded for their superior 'design' by being allowed to show it off. After all, the world can never get enough good design.

(#185) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

November 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Nah, that's just silly. YOU allow Atheists and Pagans to do our own thing ... there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

You know this, which is why you are so bitter.

Officer.

A civilzed society is supposed to put a collar and leash on your atheist and pagan friends. We had laws that prohibited the murdering of the unborn (I'm sure the people at Planned Parenthood are "good Chrisians" like elo), laws that prohibited Bruce and Kevin sodomizing each other in the privacy of their own public restroom toilet stall, laws against Granite indulging in his favorite "literature" while he's locked inside the bathroom, etc. etc. etc.

And if you think that decent Americans are just going to sit back and "do nothing about it", then you better check the potency of the bud you've been smoking Rusha, because it's making you "delusional".

(#186) Old
Silver Member

lightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Ouch, reality sets in!

Quote:
You know this, which is why you are so bitter.Officer.
He/she is bitter because when one, with the need to control, does not attain it, falls into depression and strikes out at those around them.

Officer? Yeah OK!

Do not go gentile into that good night. D.Thomas

Out, Out, Brief Candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more, It is a tale told by an idiot, Full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. W.S.

(#187) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Rusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peers
Rusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
A civilzed society
Something you know nothing about

Quote:
is supposed to put a collar and leash on your atheist and pagan friends.
Ah ... I guess it bothers you that you don't have the power to do any such thing, doesn't it? Officer.

Quote:
We had laws that prohibited the murdering of the unborn (I'm sure the people at Planned Parenthood are "good Chrisians" like elo),
Now now ... lying about Elo's position on abortion only makes you appear spiteful and dishonest. Officer.

Quote:
laws that prohibited Bruce and Kevin sodomizing each other in the privacy of their own public restroom toilet stall,
It's interesting that you know these two guys on a first name basis.

Quote:
laws against Granite indulging in his favorite "literature" while he's locked inside the bathroom, etc. etc. etc.
Uh oh. So you are past your obsession with Flipper and now fantasizing about Granite. RUN GRANITE RUN!!!

Quote:
And if you think that decent Americans
Why is a degenerate such as yourself discussing *decent* Americans?

Quote:
are just going to sit back and "do nothing about it",
Nah, I think that loudmouth degenerates such as yourself are going to do their best impression of The Big Bad Wolf. Just keep on huffing and puffing there. Officer.

Quote:
then you better check the potency of the bud you've been smoking Rusha, because it's making you "delusional".
Oh wonderful. Rub it in. We all know that policemen have the best weed.

Officer.

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. ~ Scott Hamilton

Last edited by Rusha; November 28th, 2011 at 08:40 AM..

(#188) Old
Gold level Subscriber

bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
Thumbs down November 28th, 2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
God's word is pretty clear, especially when it comes to sexual relations (one man, one woman, married). Oh and Rusha, unlike you, I absolutely know that God exists.

(And Rusha calls me an "egotist").

Quote:
It must be all that 2nd hand bong smoke that I'm getting over in the Libertarian thread.

Knowing the crowd that you hang with Rusha, I bet you're an expert on "sucking".

Quote:
I swear that you approved of relationships as long as they were "consensual" (consensual adultery,

So many rules Rusha! How can you keep these "consensual acts" straight? Do you have some kind of "agnostic morals calculator" where you type in the status of the consensual adult?

I know, here's where agnotics and atheists get their " morals":

This is one of the lowest, most contemptible and depraved posts that has ever been posted on this web site.
You owe all of us an apology.

(#189) Old
TOL Subscriber

Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM

As usual, SOD and ASC both help run an interesting thread into the ground.

When it comes to "appropriate" dress, I think it all boils down to the situation and the setting. I for one am not threatened or intimidated or angered by a woman who dresses well or even provocatively, but there's a time and place for everything. Anyone who is somehow spooked or disgusted by the female form really needs their head examined.

Theocrats are Social Darwinists.

He isn't there, which is why he's silent.

(#190) Old
Silver Member

lightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee View Post
This is one of the lowest, most contemptible and depraved posts that has ever been posted on this web site.
I completely agree with you bybee but an apology will not be forth coming from one such as ASC or ACW or what ever he/she is supposed to be today, nor will anything be done about it!

Do not go gentile into that good night. D.Thomas

Out, Out, Brief Candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more, It is a tale told by an idiot, Full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. W.S.

(#191) Old
TOL Subscriber

genuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite View Post
When it comes to "appropriate" dress, I think it all boils down to the situation and the setting.
If I understand you, the "appropriate" dress for a woman depends on whether she wants to be chaste or chased?

Learn to read what is written.

(#192) Old
TOL Subscriber

Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
If I understand you, the "appropriate" dress for a woman depends on whether she wants to be chaste or chased?
I don't think those are the only options. This madonna-whore dynamic is a completely false dilemma.

(#193) Old
TOL Subscriber

genuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peers
November 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite View Post
I don't think those are the only options. This madonna-whore dynamic is a completely false dilemma.
Is that the Catholic madonna, or the singer?

Learn to read what is written.

(#194) Old
TOL Subscriber

November 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
Is that the Catholic madonna, or the singer?
More of the Freudian variety. And really, "chaste" or "chaseable" are pretty subjective concepts.

(#195) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

November 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee View Post
YOU owe God an apology for standing by wicked, perverse people that defend things that He abhors.

I hate to break the news to you bybee, but she that has the most atheist friends standing by her deathbed doesn't necessarily get a ticket to Heaven.