TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page Blasphemy is a SERIOUS CHARGE
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
Over 2000 post club

Christ's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselves
Blasphemy is a SERIOUS CHARGE - January 15th, 2012, 02:00 AM

Blasphemy of the Spirit of God has serious long term spiritual consequences. I think the original use of blasphemy is found in Leviticus chapter 24. I believe it involved cursing the name of God, 'YHWH'. I believe that English speaking people have expanded the definition of "blasphemy" as did the Pharisees, well beyond it's original and truthful meaning.

This is a shame because Oatmeal was the most civil member on TOL, and I have found no evidence of Oatmeal ever blaspheming the name of God.

Just keeping it real ladies.

The Pharisees used the false charge of blasphemy to justify the extinguishment of their theological and political enemies.

(#2) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Word View Post
This is a shame because Oatmeal was the most civil member on TOL, and I have found no evidence of Oatmeal ever blaspheming the name of God.
He does it daily, when he speaks a word against the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#3) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 06:02 AM

And in case you didn't read the woodshed, he said something quite vulgar.

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#4) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 08:23 AM

CW, can I have some cheese with that whine? Remember whose playground this is. Vulgar posts about God don't fly here. They fall under the heading of blasphemy.

(#5) Old
BANNED

Sum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselves
January 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM

There is a supreme difference between blasphemy and heresy, something which I think a lot of people know no difference of.

(#6) Old
Presbyterian (PCA)

Ask Mr. Religion is well respected by his peers
Ask Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post
There is a supreme difference between blasphemy and heresy, something which I think a lot of people know no difference of.
Can you elaborate and educate us all?

AMR

WARNING: Embedded links that may be in my response or the twenty-eight in the sig below are not for the faint of heart.
Chaplain, ChristianForums
Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
Admin Staff/Faculty,
The North American Reformed Seminary

I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
The best TOL Social Group: here.
If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
Why?

(#7) Old
TOL Subscriber

keypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Word View Post
Blasphemy of the Spirit of God has serious long term spiritual consequences. I think the original use of blasphemy is found in Leviticus chapter 24. I believe it involved cursing the name of God, 'YHWH'. I believe that English speaking people have expanded the definition of "blasphemy" as did the Pharisees, well beyond it's original and truthful meaning.

Just keeping it real ladies.

The Pharisees used the false charge of blasphemy to justify the extinguishment of their theological and political enemies.
You are right on.
OATMEAL is a person of truth. But you have some self righteous folks here who cannot face truth and do not accept what he preaches. He never uses blasphemy, that is a false charge. When theological wimps cannot give a intelligent answer to him they call him names and report him on false charges.

Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

(#8) Old
TOL Subscriber

keypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
CW, can I have some cheese with that whine? Remember whose playground this is. Vulgar posts about God don't fly here. They fall under the heading of blasphemy.
What vulgar thing did he say? I cannot find any info on it.

I bet he said that Jesus is not God.
I bet he said that Jesus is the son of God

Did he say worse?
What?

Whose playground is this?
I thought it for folks to discuss theology.
If everyone agrees then its not a forum.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

(#9) Old
TOL Subscriber

January 15th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
He does it daily, when he speaks a word against the Lord Jesus Christ.
You lie because you don't know any better.

(#10) Old
Under 1 Ban Club - Founder

Mr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM

His post was out of line. He received another infraction, which, when combined with his previous one, caused him to suffer an AutoBan™.

EDIT: I was incorrect. He received 2 points for his infraction, which caused a 24-hour ban. There was not a previous infraction. My apologies.

(#11) Old
Under 1 Ban Club - Founder

Mr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peersMr. 5020 is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
What vulgar thing did he say? I cannot find any info on it.
Check out the link in my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5020 View Post
His post was out of line. He received another infraction, which, when combined with his previous one, caused him to suffer an AutoBan™.
Quote:
I bet he said that Jesus is the son of God
Wrong, and wrong.
Quote:
Did he say worse?
What?
Yes.

Quote:
Whose playground is this?
Knight's.
Quote:
I thought it for folks to discuss theology.
If everyone agrees then its not a forum.
Knight has described TOL as a house party. It's his house. And his party. If he feels like you're making his party less fun, which he can decide with any bias he likes, he will ask you to leave his party.

(#12) Old
Smoke' em All

January 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
He has. And that is blasphemy. And I would pass out infractions for all that post in the ECF that make statements against him and the gospel. However, he got it for the vulgar post already mentioned before you made this idiotic inquiry.

Jesus saves completely.

Last edited by Nick M; January 16th, 2012 at 12:32 AM..

(#13) Old
My common sense is tingling.

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
January 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM

For all you idiots out there, oatmeal made a reference to God and a bodily appendage, i.e. God having said appendage.

And before anyone gets up in arms I want to clarify that oatmeal was saying God did not have such an appendage.

The issue here is that oatmeal could have used "arm" instead and yet chose to go a more vulgar and jocular route.

(#14) Old
Over 2000 post club

Christ's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselves
January 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM

"Jesus is not God"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
He has. And that is blaspemy. And I would pass out infractions for all that post in the ECF that make statements against him and the gospel. However, he got it for the vulgar post already mentioned before you made this idiotic inquiry.

OK, now I know you are an idiot. Jesus corrected the pharisees when they accused him of claiming to be God, correcting them and telling them he is the Son of God.

But you are taking the pharisee's side? Trins are dumb as rocks. Total spam for brains.

(#15) Old
Over 2000 post club

January 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
For all you idiots out there, oatmeal made a reference to God and a bodily appendage, i.e. God having said appendage.

And before anyone gets up in arms I want to clarify that oatmeal was saying God did not have such an appendage.

The issue here is that oatmeal could have used "arm" instead and yet chose to go a more vulgar and jocular route.
Christ told you God is spirit, and immeasurable light, read your Bible, and you would know that. Oatmeal asked a rhetorical question to make a point about Jon W's ridiculous claims of God's supposed gender nature. Oatmeal intended nothing vulgar or derogatory towards God, and if you can't see that, you can't read.