TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: Oatmeal is outside the Faith.
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#1) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
Oatmeal is outside the Faith. - February 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM

It was Oatmeals idea to start a new thread on it.

I was content to speak to Him a little more personally than this but his last post convinced me, not for his sake but for any other.

My last post said--

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...t=80120&page=5

I am sorry that you seem so content not to know Jesus on a personal every day level, having no fellowship with Him, yet thinking you do with His Father.

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4 does mention Jesus as sitting on the throne of grace.

You should at least note the words of the verses, but you seem so blind to the mention of Him in them--

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

There is no Grace of God except through coming to Jesus Christ and submitting ones life to Him to serve, and continuing to come before Him.

This idea of yours that one can go straight to the Father withouth interaction of speech and heart with Jesus Christ our King and intercessor on a daily basis is a rejection of His living person and priesthood.

You think you are part of Christs body itself.

You have been misled.

Christs own body is in Heaven but you are on earth.

Christs Body on earth is His Bride not His own personal body.

His Bride is part of His body only as in the joining of a woman to her husband in marriage through the blood of the covenant.

You have been misled and do not know where you are at because you have no revelation of the truth from Heaven and only an understanding of a bible student in error.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

Quote:
By Oatmeal

Good for you, you found a scripture that teaches that Jesus Christ has a throne.

Yes, he does have a throne, right next to God's throne.

However, it still does not say that in Hebrews 4. Would you care to highlight that in Hebrews 4?

You still have not pointed out any scriptures that say I should talk to Jesus.

Until you do, there is no talking with Jesus. He is seated at the right hand of God, not here with me at my computer.

I cannot yell loudly enough for him to hear me. If he wants me to talk to him, he knows where I live, he can come and visit me.

I will gladly receive him into my apartment, and he will gladly eat with me, even it is just oatmeal.

But until he visits me, he has plenty to do as the head of the body and does not need for me to be butting into his responsibilities with my idle chatter.

God can and does hear me all the time. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father I will not ignore what Jesus Christ did for me.

I talk to the Father, not Jesus Christ.

oatmeal

What do others believe about this?

LA

(#2) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputation
February 8th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
It was Oatmeals idea to start a new thread on it.

I was content to speak to Him a little more personally than this but his last post convinced me, not for his sake but for any other.

My last post said--

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...t=80120&page=5

I am sorry that you seem so content not to know Jesus on a personal every day level, having no fellowship with Him, yet thinking you do with His Father.

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4 does mention Jesus as sitting on the throne of grace.

You should at least note the words of the verses, but you seem so blind to the mention of Him in them--

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

There is no Grace of God except through coming to Jesus Christ and submitting ones life to Him to serve, and continuing to come before Him.

This idea of yours that one can go straight to the Father withouth interaction of speech and heart with Jesus Christ our King and intercessor on a daily basis is a rejection of His living person and priesthood.

You think you are part of Christs body itself.

You have been misled.

Christs own body is in Heaven but you are on earth.

Christs Body on earth is His Bride not His own personal body.

His Bride is part of His body only as in the joining of a woman to her husband in marriage through the blood of the covenant.

You have been misled and do not know where you are at because you have no revelation of the truth from Heaven and only an understanding of a bible student in error.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

What do others believe about this?

LA
By Oatmeal

Good for you, you found a scripture that teaches that Jesus Christ has a throne.

However, it still does not say that in Hebrews 4. Would you care to highlight that in Hebrews 4?

Until you do, there is no talking with Jesus. He is seated at the right hand of God, not here with me at my computer.

I cannot yell loudly enough for him to hear me. If he wants me to talk to him, he knows where I live, he can come and visit me.

For it is certain, I have no means to visit him. He is, after all, passed into the heavens Hebrews 4:14 and is seated at the right hand of the Father. Ephesians 1:20

I will gladly receive him into my apartment, and he will gladly eat with me, even it is just oatmeal. Revelation 3:20

But until he visits me, he has plenty to do as the head of the body and does not need for me to be butting into his responsibilities with my idle chatter.

God can and does hear me all the time. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father I will not ignore what Jesus Christ did for me. John 14:6

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1

(#3) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputation
February 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
By Oatmeal

For it is certain, I have no means to visit him. He is, after all, passed into the heavens Hebrews 4:14 and is seated at the right hand of the Father. Ephesians 1:20

I will gladly receive him into my apartment, and he will gladly eat with me, even it is just oatmeal. Revelation 3:20

God can and does hear me all the time. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father I will not ignore what Jesus Christ did for me. John 14:6

oatmeal
Oh, come on you guys ,

Lazy afternoon has me against the ropes!

Doesn't he?

or not?

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

(#4) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
February 8th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Oh, come on you guys ,

Lazy afternoon has me against the ropes!

Doesn't he?

or not?

oatmeal
Sorry Oat,

I do not live in the same realm as you do.

This is not a debate on doctrine or any personal attack.

That is your realm not mine.

I can not help you if you can not recognize Jesus Christ sitting on the Throne of Grace.

LA

(#5) Old
Over 2500 post club

One In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peers
February 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM

I pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ. I do not pray to Jesus.

Whats the problem here?

(#6) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
February 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM

dup

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Last edited by serpentdove; February 8th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: duplicate

(#7) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
February 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One In Christ View Post
[Oatmeal is outside the faith]
Yes, so are you.

See:

Satan, Inc. (TOL's heretic's list)

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

(#8) Old
Gold level Subscriber

February 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
Well start a thread on it with some facts.

LA

(#9) Old
Gold level Subscriber

February 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Whats the problem here?
How can you know Christ without an exchange between you and Him?

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

LA

(#10) Old
TOL Legend

February 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Sorry Oat,

I do not live in the same realm as you do.

This is not a debate on doctrine or any personal attack.

That is your realm not mine.

I can not help you if you can not recognize Jesus Christ sitting on the Throne of Grace.

LA
LA,

Below I listed those verses that you say shows the Jesus Christ is sitting on the throne of grace.

Please point out in those verses where it says that.

For that matter, please show me the verses that teach that I should talk to Jesus.

Either they are in there and I am wrong and you are right.

Or

They do not exist and you are assuming things and I am not.

So, show me.

oatmeal

(#11) Old
BANNED

Christ's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselves
February 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:

Whats the problem here?
This is correct and an excellent point. Christ taught us that we should pray to the Father, and ask the Father for things in His son's name.

I think Oatmeal has it right, and there are a lot of delusional people out there that ignore what Christ taught.

The whole point of what Christ did for us as mediator, was to restore our relationship with the Father, and be a conduit or path back to a righteous relationship with the Father.

1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,"

(#12) Old
TOL Legend

February 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
How can you know Christ without an exchange between you and Him?

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

LA
It says know him , not talk to him.

I can know him by reading God's record of his life and works by reading scripture. And by doing what God's word instructs me to be doing. And not doing what God's word does not instruct me to be doing.

There more than enough learning there for any one person.

When Jesus Christ decides to descend from his throne next to God's, and buzz the buzzer to get into my apartment to visit me, I should do a lot of listening and not much talking.

What do you think?

Or maybe I should bug him with questions like, So, what's it like walking on water? or boy, you sure showed them Pharisees a thing or two, how did that go?

Or "did you really touch a leper?" Yech! that's disgusting!

I think I should do all the listening, don't you think?

oatmeal

(#13) Old
TOL Legend

February 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Word View Post
This is correct and an excellent point. Christ taught us that we should pray to the Father, and ask the Father for things in His son's name.

I think Oatmeal has it right, and there are a lot of delusional people out there that ignore what Christ taught.
Well, thanks, you read the scriptures as well.

oatmeal

(#14) Old
Gold level Subscriber

February 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
LA,

Below I listed those verses that you say shows the Jesus Christ is sitting on the throne of grace.

Please point out in those verses where it says that.

For that matter, please show me the verses that teach that I should talk to Jesus.

Either they are in there and I am wrong and you are right.

Or

They do not exist and you are assuming things and I am not.

So, show me.

oatmeal

There is only one Throne in Heaven.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

but you do not talk to Him.

All the disciples talked to Jesus and asked Him many things and He talked to them.

but you do not talk to jesus and you say He does not talk to you.

You are a Bible student with nothing but presumption that God is going to listen to your prayers when you do not listen to or talk to Jesus Christ.

No one is forcing you to.

LA

(#15) Old
Gold level Subscriber

February 8th, 2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Word View Post

The whole point of what Christ did for us as mediator, was to restore our relationship with the Father, and be a conduit or path back to a righteous relationship with the Father.

1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,"
You are in error to suggest that you do not need a mediator between you and God on a daily basis.

A mediator, mediates,

He sits as a refiner of the hearts of his people. Others would not know about it or they be too young to understand,--

Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

Perhaps you and Oatmeal do not need any refining?

LA