TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In!
Reload this Page toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?
TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In! Every day we will post a new topic and we want to get your comments on that topic. The topic could be about literally anything from the vague to the specific, important or trivial. The TOL membership can take that topic and run with it!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#16) Old
eameece eameece is offline
Over 2000 post club
 eameece's Avatar

 


Reputation:
eameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselveseameece is making a name for themselves
April 7th, 2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 7th, 2012 08:55 AM


toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

Assuming this is a story of something that actually happened, which I don't think is proven, but which I tend to believe, Jesus demonstrated the potential in each of us to overcome death, and as related in The Celestine Prophecy, to travel between earthly life and afterlife. It is called ascension. It may be that others have done it too. It is something for humans to aspire to as we evolve. Jesus showed that humans can overcome death, and material limits, because we are eternal Spirit, the light of the world, and are one with God. In all of his works, Jesus demonstrated through faith and knowledge of God, what we can do, and even greater things than these. John 14:12

In a more symbolic sense, the resurrection is the symbol of the spiritual life that can be reborn in each of us, and which comes to life in Nature at this time of year.





Keep the Spirit alive;
Eric the Green
   
Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
Jedidiah Jedidiah is offline
Over 500 post club
 Jedidiah's Avatar

 


Reputation:
Jedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselves
April 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?
The Lord died, dying to the Law, and then He rose again, which means He now lives dead to the Law, the Law has no power over Him, and when we believe in Him, and confess Him with our mouths, and believe that God has raised Him from the dead, we are crucified with Him, we are in Him, He lives in Us, and we are members of the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ, and we also therefore live dead to the Law.

In Him,
-Jed



   
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
Robert Pate Robert Pate is offline
Silver Member

 



Reputation:
Robert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 7th, 2012 08:55 AM


toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?






Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
Victory over sin, death and the devil.

The gates of heaven have been thrown wide open to ALL who want to go in.

Eternal life with Christ for ALL who desire it.



   
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
oatmeal oatmeal is offline
TOL Legend
 oatmeal's Avatar

 



Reputation:
oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Z0 View Post
Yep. I've read plenty of your posts and you deny that Jesus is God, so to YOU He is just "another man". Therefore, it is YOU who is ignorant, and the resurrection of Jesus does nothing for YOU.



Yep, but apparently YOU have not.

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Acts 13:30
But God raised Him from the dead

Absolute proof that Jesus is God.
Quote:
Yep. I've read plenty of your posts and you deny that Jesus is God, so to YOU He is just "another man". Therefore, it is YOU who is ignorant, and the resurrection of Jesus does nothing for YOU.
I know that Jesus Christ is not God because that is what scriptures teach.

That is why God had to raise Jesus Christ from the dead.

He could not do it himself.

Because he would be dead at the time.

In death, there is no remembrance of God. Because there is no consciousness.

Psalm 6:5

However, as you pointed out in John

Quote:
John 2:19-22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.
He was raised from the dead in verse 22. It does not say, when he raised himself from the dead.

Since there are over 20 verses that teach that God raised Jesus from the dead, and here we have Jesus saying that he would raise himself, we need to understand the power of God in JC's life.

For he himself taught in Mark 11:23

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."

He simply declared the promise of God to him from the OT. That God would not allow his holy one to see corruption. Acts 2:27 that holy one is not the God that would leave his soul in the grave, nor leave the holy one to see corruption.

Jesus Christ believed God's promise to him and declared it.

Much like you or I saying, "Because I am saved, I am going to heaven" Neither you or I are going to heaven under our own power, yet I can say I am going there. Because I have believed and been saved.

I did Romans 10:9-10

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Note that one of the conditions of salvation is as follows:"

a. believe in your heart that Jesus is God and that he raised himself from the dead.

b. God raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

If you picked "b" you have read Romans 10:9-10.

"b" is the correct answer.

God did not die, Jesus Christ, who is the man died.

It is significant because it is because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead that we know that Jesus is the son of God.

Romans 1:4

Note we know he is the son of God by his resurrection. It does not say "God" but rather son of God.

"God = son of God"?

a. True

b. false

the correct answer is "b".

Funny, you should say that I believe that Jesus Christ is just another man.

Quote:
so to YOU He is just "another man".
You have not read what I have posted or you are simply a liar and God does not approve of bearing false witness.

Consider I Timothy 2:5

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

are all men the mediators between God and men? No, only the man Christ Jesus is.

Did the resurrection from the dead come from God or from a man?

I Corinthians 15:21

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead."

the resurrection of the dead came by man, the man, Christ Jesus.

did the resurrection of the dead come by all men, you think so,

but that is not what scripture teaches.

It came by one man, Christ Jesus.

You need to quit bearing false witness and you need to bone up on what scripture teaches.

If you are humble enough, I would be glad to assist in your learning.

oatmeal





"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1
   
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
S0Z0 S0Z0 is offline
BANNED

 


Reputation:
S0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I know that Jesus Christ is not God because that is what scriptures teach.
I will not hijack this thread to prove to you again that Jesus is God. I only needed to make certain that everyone who knows Jesus is God is aware that you do not, so that they will not heed anything you say.


Quote:
You need to quit bearing false witness and you need to bone up on what scripture teaches.
I have not bore false witness. You admit that you do not believe that Jesus is God.

The scriptures not only teach that Jesus is God, but also tell believers not to fellowship with wolves like you who only come to a site like this to steal, kill, and destroy.

Knight has chosen to let the wolves in the door. It's my job to hunt them down and take them out .



   
Reply With Quote
  (#21) Old
oatmeal oatmeal is offline
TOL Legend
 oatmeal's Avatar

 



Reputation:
oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Z0 View Post
I will not hijack this thread to prove to you again that Jesus is God. I only needed to make certain that everyone who knows Jesus is God is aware that you do not, so that they will not heed anything you say.


I have not bore false witness. You admit that you do not believe that Jesus is God.

The scriptures not only teach that Jesus is God, but also tell believers not to fellowship with wolves like you who only come to a site like this to steal, kill, and destroy.

Knight has chosen to let the wolves in the door. It's my job to hunt them down and take them out .
Another false accusation by you.

I have no interest in hijacking this thread.

I said my say, and you butt in.

Since you chose to bear false witness about me in this thread, I am going to speak the truth about what I believe in thread.

You should have kept your vile mouth out of this subject.

The resurrection came by a man, the man Christ Jesus, not by God.

I Corinthians 15:21

How did it come by man? The man Christ Jesus did the Father's will, not his own.

The resurrection is proof of the power of God when people believe what is written for us to believe.

oatmeal





"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1
   
Reply With Quote
  (#22) Old
Ps82 Ps82 is offline
TOL Subscriber

 


Reputation:
Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM

The resurrection of our Lord after the cross signifies that our God is wise, willing, and able.

It signifies that God has fulfilled the promise of man's salvation in Christ ... and that we can look to what he did to see THE WAY we as his children are going to follow him into his kingdom.

God, as our suffering savior, revealed truth to us, became the WAY for us to follow, and provided eternal life for us.

Isaiah 43:11 (God became his own Son to Arise, judge, and inherit the nations.)

I (the ONE invisible spiritual God Almighty), even I, am the LORD (the God who was able to appear unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses); beside ME (As the invisible God and the visible LORD) there is no savior.

Psalm 82:7
Arise, O God, judge the earth: for YOU shalt inherit all nations.



   
Reply With Quote
  (#23) Old
S0Z0 S0Z0 is offline
BANNED

 


Reputation:
S0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Since you chose to bear false witness about me in this thread, I am going to speak the truth about what I believe in thread.
I have not bore false witness against you. You're confused.

Fact: Jesus is God
Fact: You claim Jesus is not God
Fact: You are a false teacher

This site is owned and run by Knight. He is free to let false teachers on his site. However, I'm certain that Knight has no problem with false teachers being exposed. No Christian would ever support a false teacher who attempts to deceive others.

Nothing you say about Jesus is to be taken seriously, because the Jesus you believe in is as phony as you are.




Last edited by S0Z0; April 7th, 2012 at 02:09 PM..
   
Reply With Quote
  (#24) Old
Untellectual Untellectual is online now
I Pray That You May Know God's Peace In Your Life
 Untellectual's Avatar

 



Reputation:
Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
The resurrection came by a man, the man Christ Jesus, not by God.

I Corinthians 15:21
And God raised Jesus from the dead.





John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.
   
Reply With Quote
  (#25) Old
rocketman rocketman is online now
A Day At The Office
 rocketman's Avatar

 




Reputation:
rocketman is well respected by his peers
rocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM

Oatmeal...

Psa. 43:5 Why are you in despair, my soul?
Why are you disturbed within me?
Hope in God!
For I shall still praise him:
My Savior, my helper, and my God.

Is. 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be on his shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Is. 25:9 It shall be said in that day, Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is Yahweh; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Is. 43:11 I, even I, am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior.

Hos. 13:4 ¶ “Yet I am Yahweh your God from the land of Egypt;
And you will know no god but me,
And besides me there is no savior.

Luke 2:11 For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I tell you, before Abraham came into existence, I AM.”

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 14:9 ¶ Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, ‘Show us the Father?’

John 20:28 ¶ Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!

Col. 1:13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of his love;
Col. 1:14 in whom we have our redemption,and the forgiveness of our sins;
Col. 1:15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col. 1:16 For by Him were all things created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through Him, and for Him.
Col. 1:17 He is before all things, and in Him all things are held together.
Col. 1:18 He is the head of the body, the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.
Col. 1:19 For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in Him;
Col. 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Col. 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,

I could do this all day there are so many...I know, I know, thats not what they taught you down at the Kingdom Hall. God is your Savior in the man Jesus Christ. You do not deny His humanity but, deny His deity? Doesn't match up with the Word.





The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award


Last edited by rocketman; April 7th, 2012 at 11:10 PM..
   
Reply With Quote
  (#26) Old
oatmeal oatmeal is offline
TOL Legend
 oatmeal's Avatar

 



Reputation:
oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Z0 View Post
I have not bore false witness against you. You're confused.

Fact: Jesus is God
Fact: You claim Jesus is not God
Fact: You are a false teacher

This site is owned and run by Knight. He is free to let false teachers on his site. However, I'm certain that Knight has no problem with false teachers being exposed. No Christian would ever support a false teacher who attempts to deceive others.

Nothing you say about Jesus is to be taken seriously, because the Jesus you believe in is as phony as you are.
Thank you for expressing your opinion.

The resurrection came by man, not God, as I Corinthians 15:21 teaches.

It came by a man who believed God's promises.

Ephesians 1:19-20 make it clear that when we believe we have the power of the resurrection available to us.

Not only that, but the same power that ascended Jesus Christ to the right hand of God

That is one significance of the resurrection.

oatmeal





"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1
   
Reply With Quote
  (#27) Old
oatmeal oatmeal is offline
TOL Legend
 oatmeal's Avatar

 



Reputation:
oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untellectual View Post
And God raised Jesus from the dead.
That is what scriptures teach.





"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1
   
Reply With Quote
  (#28) Old
Untellectual Untellectual is online now
I Pray That You May Know God's Peace In Your Life
 Untellectual's Avatar

 



Reputation:
Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
That is what scriptures teach.
John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.





John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.
   
Reply With Quote
  (#29) Old
rocketman rocketman is online now
A Day At The Office
 rocketman's Avatar

 




Reputation:
rocketman is well respected by his peers
rocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
That is what scriptures teach.
Only if you deny the entire Word, don't pick and choose pet scriptures and your JW doctrine goes down in flames, as it should.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.





The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

   
Reply With Quote
  (#30) Old
Ps82 Ps82 is offline
TOL Subscriber

 


Reputation:
Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Arguments!
Well, at least I'm glad that no one has argued with my post.
Praise the Lord it is Easter. Can hardly wait for the worship service.



   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright ©1997-2014 TheologyOnLine



Logos Bible Study Software Up to 15% OFF FOR THEOLOGYONLINE MEMBERS! Study twice, post once.
Logos Bible Software —take your Bible study to the next level.