TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page The Lack of an Ancient Evolution story proves evolution isn’t true
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
Over 750 post club

I aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respected
The Lack of an Ancient Evolution story proves evolution isn’t true - April 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM

There are creation stories, flood stories, miracle stories and God stories that go way back in time, and passed down by oral tradition and then to ancient writings, however there is no evolution story. If evolution were true we should have at least some evolution stories passed down through the generations through oral tradition that our ancestors came from the trees and from an ape like creature.

God Bless

Monkey

(#2) Old
Over 4000 post club

Silent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peersSilent Hunter is well respected by his peers
April 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I aint no monkey View Post
There are creation stories, flood stories, miracle stories and God stories that go way back in time, and passed down by oral tradition and then to ancient writings, however there is no evolution story. If evolution were true we should have at least some evolution stories passed down through the generations through oral tradition that our ancestors came from the trees and from an ape like creature.
. . . this nonsense deserves only one response . . .

"The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

(#3) Old
Over 1000 post club

DavisBJ has been getting noticedDavisBJ has been getting noticedDavisBJ has been getting noticedDavisBJ has been getting noticedDavisBJ has been getting noticedDavisBJ has been getting noticed
April 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
This thread is the second public demonstration of Monkey’s ignorance about evolution that he has started recently. He is fishing for some way of baiting the evolution crowd. Just like his first attempt, to engage him on something this obviously nonsensical one has to get down in the gutter with him. I’ll pass.

(#4) Old
Over 2000 post club

Seydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peers
April 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM

Wait What?!

Just because our ancestors didn't have an explanation that does not coincide with our current one this does not make the current explanation invalid. By that reasoning Human knowledge could never expand or progress.

I agree that man is not the product of natural evolution as the current theories postulate but your reasoning behind this particular argument is flawed.

(#5) Old
TOL Subscriber

rexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peers
April 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:

God Bless

Monkey
Just on the offhand chance that you're interested in a response, I see two main problems.

1. The oldest stories we have are a few thousand years old. In order to document evolution meaningfully, they would have to be hundreds of times older than that.

2. Evolution wasn't noticed earlier because it doesn't happen fast enough to observe easily.

Eternal life is an easy promise to make and a hard one to fulfill.

(#6) Old
Over 750 post club

I aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respected
April 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
2. Evolution wasn't noticed earlier because it doesn't happen fast enough to observe easily.
There is some debate about that. Some say that the fossil record shows stasis, which would be indicative of a much quicker evolution, if and when it did happen. At what point should Johnny have pointed up into the trees and said "Mommy lives in the trees?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuated_equilibrium
"Before Eldredge and Gould alerted their colleagues to the prominence of stasis in the fossil record, most evolutionists considered stasis to be rare or unimportant." "Evidence for the existence of stasis has also been corroborated from the genetics of sibling species, species which are morphologically indistinguishable, but whose proteins have diverged sufficiently to suggest they have been separated for millions of years."

"The sudden appearance of most species in the geologic record and the lack of evidence of substantial gradual change in most species—from their initial appearance until their extinction—has long been noted, including by Charles Darwin who appealed to the imperfection of the record as the favored explanation."

(#7) Old
Over 500 post club

Yazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselvesYazichestvo is making a name for themselves
April 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM

We don't have stories about over 99% of the animals we have fossils of either. No giant insects, no no hordes of prehistoric predators making survival nearly impossible for mankind. Don't you think we ought to have stories of those creatures, if they all simultaneously coexisted with humans?

(#8) Old
Over 500 post club

organiccornflake is making a name for themselvesorganiccornflake is making a name for themselvesorganiccornflake is making a name for themselvesorganiccornflake is making a name for themselvesorganiccornflake is making a name for themselvesorganiccornflake is making a name for themselvesorganiccornflake is making a name for themselves
April 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:

God Bless

Monkey
No, we would not have those stories because man was not capable of understanding and documenting their evolution until god breathed in him the breath of life.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if it turns out they are right and get mad at you, they are a mile away and barefoot.

(#9) Old
TOL Subscriber

rexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peersrexlunae is well respected by his peers
April 9th, 2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
There is some debate about that. Some say that the fossil record shows stasis, which would be indicative of a much quicker evolution, if and when it did happen. At what point should Johnny have pointed up into the trees and said "Mommy lives in the trees?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuated_equilibrium
"Before Eldredge and Gould alerted their colleagues to the prominence of stasis in the fossil record, most evolutionists considered stasis to be rare or unimportant." "Evidence for the existence of stasis has also been corroborated from the genetics of sibling species, species which are morphologically indistinguishable, but whose proteins have diverged sufficiently to suggest they have been separated for millions of years."

"The sudden appearance of most species in the geologic record and the lack of evidence of substantial gradual change in most species—from their initial appearance until their extinction—has long been noted, including by Charles Darwin who appealed to the imperfection of the record as the favored explanation."
Even during the punctuational change, evolution is slow relative to generations. It's just faster than it would be under gradualism.

I'm curious monkey. Do you actually believe in punctuated equilibrium, or is it just the rock you happened to pick up?

(#10) Old
Over 750 post club

April 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organiccornflake View Post
No, we would not have those stories because man was not capable of understanding and documenting their evolution until god breathed in him the breath of life.
I see, then that must have been in the 1800's.

(#11) Old
Over 2500 post club

One In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peersOne In Christ is well respected by his peers
April 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM

I'm actually shocked at the number of evolutionists on this site...

The Bible DEMANDS creationism, otherwise the rest of Christianity falls apart.

ಠ_ಠ

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

April 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One In Christ View Post

Will it make you feel any better to know I don't believe in either?

(Edit: In case I wasn't clear, by "either", I was referring to creationism and the Bible)

Last edited by rexlunae; April 10th, 2012 at 12:24 AM..

(#13) Old
Over 2000 post club

Flipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peers
April 9th, 2012, 11:52 PM

(#14) Old
Over 3000 post club

chair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peerschair is well respected by his peers
April 10th, 2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:

Please start a thread about this. This is the core of the creationism issue- what evolution does to Christian theology. But we should stick to the theological significance- not the endless argument about the science.

(#15) Old
Over 1500 post club

Sealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peersSealeaf is well respected by his peers
April 10th, 2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:

Even if the above were true, which it is not, Christainity is not dependent on the Bible. Christianity got along fine for hundreds of years without a Bible. Christianity certainly does not require that one see the Bible as literally dictated by God and true in and absolute sense. Indeed it is very difficult to defend that interpatation. The internal inconsistencies in the Bible alone are enough to make that view indefensible.

Only fundamentalist Protestant Christianity gets in a bind if the Bible can't be seen as literally true, but the internal inconsistencies in th Bible already do that

"Not everything that is clever, is true."

- - St Ephiram of Syria - -