TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page My sea change
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
TOL Subscriber

zoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peers
zoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peers
My sea change - May 16th, 2012, 10:44 PM

I've made a change, that some TOL friends might notice, and others might not have been aware enough in the first place to recognize...

Right now, I just don't know about God. I think I could label myself as a Deist or something, because I do believe in and have faith in a higher power, but recently, I'm more overwhelmed with my not knowing.

It's had a lot to do with TOL... Conversations, squabbles, differences that just don't make sense to me.

I hope that folks and freinds will take it in stride; I'm absolutely open to conversation.

"There was so much handwriting on the wall that even the wall fell down"

"In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas. The source of better ideas is wisdom. The surest path to wisdom is a liberal education." – Alfred Whitney, Essays on Education

Don't you know
That it ain't a crime
If all the squares
And the junkmen
Think you're out of line

TH:

(#2) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
May 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM

I'm takin' it in stride!

(#3) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
May 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo22 View Post
I've made a change, that some TOL friends might notice, and others might not have been aware enough in the first place to recognize...

Right now, I just don't know about God. I think I could label myself as a Deist or something, because I do believe in and have faith in a higher power, but recently, I'm more overwhelmed with my not knowing.

It's had a lot to do with TOL... Conversations, squabbles, differences that just don't make sense to me.

I hope that folks and freinds will take it in stride; I'm absolutely open to conversation.

I don't know what to tell you...I'm sorry that you find yourself in the place you're occupying now. A number of years ago I was reasonably confident that the world was a miracle of chance, that the idea of God was an understandable bit of wishcraft and projection and that everything that mattered was our invention...then I met God, was interrupted in my journey to crafting purpose by purpose itself. Not the idea of God, not the need for God, but the actuality of Him.

I can't impress that experience onto you, can't provide it for you or I would. All I can tell you is that I have never, in the years following had a moment's doubt either as to what constituted that experience or in the God who met me and continues to walk with me...

I'm as sorry to hear this news as if someone I loved had died. And I will be petitioning God for your deliverance from the grips of this uncertainty. I am certain that He loves you and can bring you through any adversity, even the sort of your own fashioning.

So that's a not so much, stride wise.

(#4) Old
TOL Subscriber

zoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peers
zoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peerszoo22 is well respected by his peers
May 16th, 2012, 11:32 PM

Thanks TH. I really appreciate that, and I absolutely consider it.

I actually don't feel very conflicted about my state-of-mind, state of belief/non-belief. I dont feel disturbed by it. It's a very clear not knowing.

I don't know plenty of things.

"In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas. The source of better ideas is wisdom. The surest path to wisdom is a liberal education." – Alfred Whitney, Essays on Education

Don't you know
That it ain't a crime
If all the squares
And the junkmen
Think you're out of line

TH:

(#5) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
May 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks TH. I really appreciate that, and I absolutely consider it.

I actually don't feel very conflicted about my state-of-mind, state of belief/non-belief. I dont feel disturbed by it. It's a very clear not knowing.

I don't know lot of things.
What do you know for sure?

(#6) Old
~Peace if possible, but truth at any rate~

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
May 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM

What were you before?

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Psalm 40:5
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#7) Old
TOL Subscriber

May 17th, 2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steko View Post
What do you know for sure?
That's a great question. Small things, that don't really matter all that much in the big scheme of things. I do believe in absolute morals, but I don't understand all of my lines, and I've realized that I'm not clear on where I believe they come from.

Don't you know
That it ain't a crime
If all the squares
And the junkmen
Think you're out of line

TH:

(#8) Old
TOL Subscriber

chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 03:30 AM

Never despair; but if you do, work on in despair.
Edmund Burke

don't look for a quick fix
but
keep looking
and
listening

the change will come gradually

a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

(#9) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 03:52 AM

Quote:
That's a great question. Small things, that don't really matter all that much in the big scheme of things. I do believe in absolute morals, but I don't understand all of my lines, and I've realized that I'm not clear on where I believe they come from.

1 Corinthians 13:12
King James Version (KJV)

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Oh, and in regards to the OP: It's cool.

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#10) Old
TOL Subscriber

chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM

force yourself to take a long walk each day
and
find some busy work that doesn't require thinking
and
don't sleep so much

eat something different

(#11) Old
TOL Subscriber

May 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM

post something stupid on the hottest TOL thread

(#12) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
post something stupid on the hottest TOL thread
It works for me.

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#13) Old
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot

kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:

I can appreciate your position. I hope and pray the best for you in this new sea. And perhaps this one will toss you back to your old sea some day.

I came across a quote just yesterday that I found interesting. Don't know if it will mean anything to you or not.....

"Doubts are the ants in the pants that keep faith moving." - Frederick Beuchner

Taking it in stride,
kmoney

Don't tase me, bro!!
Who would've thought... it figures

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

(#14) Old
TOL Subscriber

bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:

Whenever I enter a Twilight zone, for whatever reason, I wait it out. It does pass.
I can know some things by logic, some things by intuition and some things by faith. A thinking person will have times when the bleakness of doubt creeps in like spreading mildew. Then, sometimes, it is helpful to reread those authors who have had meaning for me in the past. I reread the Acts of the Apostles and C. S. Lewis for starters.
Sometimes a poem or a tune will see me through.
I so value your input on TOL and I do consider myself to be your friend. So I am pulling for you. I'm praying.

(#15) Old
TOL Subscriber

bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
May 17th, 2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
There was a time in my life when I was responsible for the welfare and care of my five children.
I had a long dark night of the soul but who would care for my children if I should lose my way?
At that time I came across the idea of "living in day tight compartments". I can get through this day because I must get through this day.
Somehow I had lost my own value to myself. But I was valuable/ necessary for my children.
In that dark place I eventually learned where my value originated.
Your necessities may be different from mine.
I pray you keep on and accept that changes, while sometimes painful, sometimes dreadful are the way in which we grow.