TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized!
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

Closed Thread

(#2791) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
October 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noguru View Post
...It had nothing to do with what you missed in reporting this aggressive solicitation law.
I'm quite familiar with the unjust laws that Libertarians/atheists have imposed on society in the past 40 years; unjust in the eyes of God as well men and women who believe in His Word. Hence the reason I started this thread Ralphie.

I'm also familiar with aggressive solicitation ordinances used by various municipalities. Watch this video again and show me where these Christians (that are kneeling and praying with people) are "aggressive".

Did they break the law legislated by your fellow Libertarian/atheists? Who cares? We answer to God first and foremost.

"People may expect too much of journalism. Not only do they expect it to be entertaining, they expect it to be true."
Lewis H. Lapham

(#2792) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
October 27th, 2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
I'm quite familiar with the unjust laws that Libertarians/atheists have imposed on society in the past 40 years; unjust in the eyes of God as well men and women who believe in His Word. Hence the reason I started this thread Ralphie.

I'm also familiar with aggressive solicitation ordinances used by various municipalities. Watch this video again and show me where these Christians (that are kneeling and praying with people) are "aggressive".

Did they break the law legislated by your fellow Libertarian/atheists? Who cares? We answer to God first and foremost.
Again you missed the point of the ordinance. It is very specific. And it does not say they have to be physically aggressive. It is about being stationary in that one section of the street and causing a safety hazzard with large amounts of traffic.

Quote:

I was one of a group of business owners and residents who substantially crafted the anti-aggressive solicitation ordinance passed by the New Orleans City Council in 2011. Our efforts were endorsed by French Quarter Citizens, Vieux Carre Property Owners Residents and Associates, French Quarter Business Association and the French Quarter Management District.

Aggressive solicitation created a real problem for visitors and residents, and we made a sincere effort to improve the French Quarter experience without trampling constitutionally granted freedoms. Despite broad First Amendment protections a municipality may issue reasonable regulations governing the time, place and manner of speech. Regulations must be content neutral, be narrowly tailored to serve a significant governmental interest and must leave open ample alternative channels for communication.

We spent time researching other cities' ordinances before drafting one appropriate for our city. Bourbon Street is a unique place, and 82 percent of the city's tourists visit the narrow street, which in 2011 hosted more than 7 million visitors.

Solicitors had developed the practice of using the police barricades at street intersections to corral visitors into harassment zones where they were aggressively approached, often by multiple solicitors, handed a hat and a ticket for "not having enough fun" and then informed that a contribution was required. The crowded conditions at street corners, especially after sunset, created an environment where visitors felt intimidated.

Some groups congregated on Bourbon Street to obstruct others, and this created a public safety problem because of the volume of people. As Councilmember Kristin Gisleson Palmer stated, moving speechifying only a few feet off Bourbon ensures there are ample alternative means of communication, and there are no restrictions on activities carried out during day-time. Additionally, a speaker who continues moving and does not seek to impede or obstruct traffic commits no violation.

The ordinance does not seek to ban or regulate any speech or prevent any person from exercising his constitutionally protected rights; it is a well-intentioned effort to achieve minimal regulation to ensure the French Quarter and Bourbon Street may be enjoyed by all.

Robert Watters

New Orleans
From here.

Quote:
But City Councilwoman Kristin Gisleson Palmer, who sponsored the ordinance and who represents the French Quarter, said the city has a legitimate interest in protecting residents and visitors in the highly trafficked area of Bourbon Street at night.

She said aggressive solicitation can be a crowd-control issue, and people are allowed under the law to speak their messages if they “take five steps” off Bourbon Street. “This is really an issue of trying to protect public safety,” she said.

Preachers show up at Southern Decadence every year to denounce homosexuality. Eight of those arrested this year were booked with violating the ordinance; one was arrested on suspicion of punching a police officer when he tried to take away a bullhorn...
Watermeier said there are public-safety issues involved when anti-gay preachers are aggressive and try to get reactions in confined spaces. “I think that affects the quality of the experience of visiting New Orleans,” he said. “I can see how the city has an interest in that.”

From the Wahington Post.

You can ignore laws made for the safety of other tourists if you want, but that does stop the pokice from enforcing them.

Militant Moderate

(#2793) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
October 27th, 2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Again you missed the point of the ordinance. It is very specific. And it does not say they have to be physically aggressive. It is about being stationary in that one section of the street and causing a safety hazzard with large amounts of traffic.
The Libertarian missed the point of the orginal post:

Sodomites, sodomite prostitutes and sodomite drunks can linger about the streets of the French Quarter of Nu Awlins at the 40th annual Southern Sodomite Decadence Festival and obviously there is no "safety hazard" there; but for Christians witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ, they most definitely do cause one (for the sarcasm impaired, aCulturewarrior laid it on thick there).

Quote:
You can ignore laws made for the safety of other tourists if you want, but that does stop the pokice from enforcing them.
As mentioned in the previous post, I'm well familiar with the unjust laws of secular humanists, and I'm familiar with my Lord and Savior's view on unjust laws as well:

"You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit."
Mark 13:9b-11

Moving on (from anal retentive la la land)...

"People may expect too much of journalism. Not only do they expect it to be entertaining, they expect it to be true."
Lewis H. Lapham

(#2794) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
October 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Sodomites, sodomite prostitutes and sodomite drunks can linger about the streets of the French Quarter of Nu Awlins at the 40th annual Southern Sodomite Decadence Festival and obviously there is no "safety hazard" there; but for Christians witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ, they most definitely do cause one (for the sarcasm impaired, aCulturewarrior laid it on thick there).
The city and local business owners have decided that a person who is a tourist on that section of Bourbon St. has the right to be safe as they walk down that street.

Do you think the right to public safety should be denied to homosexuals?

Any person who is putting the public at risk in that high traffic area by remaining stationary and trying to aggresively sell their ideas there is breaking the law as it pertains to public safety. It does not matter whether that person is straight or homo, Christian or Buddhist, black or white...

Quote:
As mentioned in the previous post, I'm well familiar with the unjust laws of secular humanists, and I'm familiar with my Lord and Savior's view on unjust laws as well:

"You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit."
Mark 13:9b-11
I know that you continuously misuse and abuse scripture as an attempt to make it the foundation for your personal pulpit to deny individual rights to people you find offensive. Unfortunately for you US legislation does not draw these lines in the sand that you want drawn.

Quote:
Moving on ...
That may be how it appears to you. But from a more accurate perspective you are just spinning your wheels.

Militant Moderate

(#2795) Old
TOL Subscriber

October 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Moving on (from anal retentive la la land)...
I find it quite ironic that a person who has decided to devote a whole year of life to broadcasting his negative fixation on sodomy is accusing others of being in "anal retentive la la land".

Militant Moderate

(#2796) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

October 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Quote:
The city and local business owners have decided that a person who is a tourist on that section of Bourbon St. has the right to be safe as they walk down that street.
The Libertarian has a point. A drag queen could see some Christians praying with a lost soul and accidently trip on a high heel and injure himself.

Quote:
Do you think the right to public safety should be denied to homosexuals?
I'm told that the confines of a padded cell in a mental institution or a cell at the "Graybar Hotel" can be a very "safe" place for the mentally ill and/or the criminal element of society.

Lewis H. Lapham

(#2797) Old
TOL Subscriber

October 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The Libertarian has a point. A drag queen could see some Christians praying with a lost soul and accidently trip on a high heel and injure himself.
Now that is a very thorough and comprehensive assessment of the risk involved. One has to wonder why you are not a more prominent figure in risk assessment for Seattle, Washington, or even the whole US. We need to get you in charge of this type of thing. How can we start?

Quote:
I'm told that the confines of a padded cell in a mental institution or a cell at the "Graybar Hotel" can be a very "safe" place for the mentally ill and/or the criminal element of society.
Yes, I am sure you have been told many things by those alcohol soaked voices in your head. I am impressed that you were able to discern their exact words from the surrounding garbled din that is your intellect.

Militant Moderate

(#2798) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

October 28th, 2012, 01:51 PM

I've enjoyed reading articles by Brent Bozell so much (President of the Media Research Center http://www.mrc.org/ ) that I've added him to the list of some of my favorite syndicated columnists.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...&postcount=851

Back later with another area where homosexuals had infiltrated so that they could have easy access to little boys.

You liberals out there might want to bring bandages and whatever necessary first aid supplies to stop the bleeding, as this one's gonna hurt.

Lewis H. Lapham

(#2799) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

October 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM

So I'm at the fillin station and see this woman acquaintance and strike up a conversation with her saying how the gas prices have dropped as I speculated that they would so close to the election (are the American people really that stupid that they'd vote for the Marxist again because they're saving a few pennies on gasoline?). She starts talking about watching the debates and how both candidates pretty much said what they thought the people wanted to hear. Her wisdom rapidly went downhill after that.

I told her I was involved in the REJECT R-74 campaign and hundreds and hundreds of signs have been stolen across the state. She wasn't familiar with R-74, so I told her that it was to repeal the current legislation that would allow homosexuals to "marry". She gives me this odd look and talks about how she's in "the THEA-A-TAR" and "has many gay friends and also had two uncles that were gay". She continues to tell me how she hopes her boys grow up open minded and how she would approve of them if one "came out". I told her that marriage is the foundation of society and that it is founded upon Biblical principles. She stated (even though she and her family attend church) that she "didn't agree with everything in the Bible".

Not wanting to be doused by gasoline and set on fire, I held off on comments like "If Uncle Bruce and Uncle Bruce were both adulterers, into incest or bestiality, would you approve of those lifestyles as well?"

Nor did I comment on how she should be careful about allowing her two young boys to be around homosexuals, as they're notorious child molesters.

As far as her views on the Bible go, I would have loved to share this article on "ala carte Christianity" with her, perhaps I'll email it to her.

"We live in a time what could be called “ala carte” Christianity. That is, sometimes you go to a fancier restaurant and the menu will say “ala carte.” You pick and chose those parts of the menu that seem the best for you, those parts that you think you can afford. And so you chose this and this. Well, that is the way that some people feel about the Ten Commandments. They pick and chose those parts of the Ten Commandments that they want to obey. For example, I may like commandments two, three and four but commandments five, six and seven are not so attractive to me. So Christians chose which commandments are important to them..."
http://www.sermonsfromseattle.com/se...ristianity.htm

Lewis H. Lapham

(#2800) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

October 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM

And here I thought the carp would be jumping out of the water to bite at my last post.

Here's some more bait.

Lewis H. Lapham

(#2801) Old
TOL Subscriber

alwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peers
October 30th, 2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
"We live in a time what could be called “ala carte” Christianity. That is, sometimes you go to a fancier restaurant and the menu will say “ala carte.” You pick and chose those parts of the menu that seem the best for you, those parts that you think you can afford. And so you chose this and this. Well, that is the way that some people feel about the Ten Commandments. They pick and chose those parts of the Ten Commandments that they want to obey. For example, I may like commandments two, three and four but commandments five, six and seven are not so attractive to me. So Christians chose which commandments are important to them..."
http://www.sermonsfromseattle.com/se...ristianity.htm
George Carlin could whittle the Ten Commandments down to two, but for my part I don't see any Thou Shalt Not be a homosexual.

(#2802) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

October 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwight View Post
George Carlin could whittle the Ten Commandments down to two, but for my part I don't see any Thou Shalt Not be a homosexual.
I wonder if they have Georgie's favorite strain of dope down in Hell?

I'll hold off commenting until other God-haters bite. I see that Ralphie is busy playing intellectual in another thread.

Lewis H. Lapham

(#2803) Old
TOL Subscriber

alwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peers
October 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I wonder if they have Georgie's favorite strain of dope down in Hell?
He might have to wait 'til you arrive.

(#2804) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

October 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwight View Post
He might have to wait 'til you arrive.
I didn't think atheists believed in eternal damnation?

In any event, why don't you grab a joint, a few porn magazines (you know, the "stuff" George Carlin needed in the event he left home for a night or two) and pretend that you're George Carlin and whittle the Ten Commandments down.

Of course there are two principles to the Ten Commandments: the ones that should be legislated by the civil magistrate (i.e. what this thread is all about, sexual sins) and the one's that shouldn't be nor can be.

Lewis H. Lapham

(#2805) Old
TOL Subscriber

October 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I didn't think atheists believed in eternal damnation?

In any event, why don't you grab a joint, a few porn magazines (you know, the "stuff" George Carlin needed in the event he left home for a night or two) and pretend that you're George Carlin and whittle the Ten Commandments down.

Of course there are two principles to the Ten Commandments: the ones that should be legislated by the civil magistrate (i.e. what this thread is all about, sexual sins) and the one's that shouldn't be nor can be.
Which Commandment was about homosexuality again?

Closed Thread

Tags
abortion-homosexual tie, truthsmack, universal moral laws