TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page You're too old for that!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
TOL Legend

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
You're too old for that! - November 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM

How many times has someone said that to you? My father told me I was too old to play videogames and I replied that he was too old to watch television. He says he doesn't watch children's shows and I told him fine, I don't play children's games.

What about you? Anyone ever tell you that you're too old to do something?

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#2) Old
Conjunction junction, what's your function?

The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM

To be honest there is something strange (to me) about a grown man that plays video games for hours on end (not saying that you do, Quincy). Of course I love watching the animated DC Comics films and I'm 44 years old.

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

(#3) Old
Over 4000 post club

Spitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peers
Spitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peersSpitfire is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM

Some people have told me I'm too old for My Little Pony.

Though I point out that there are a lot of people even older than me who go to far more drastic extremes in their fandom.

"So as not to exchange one evil for another, this poor land must be saved from the scourge of friend and foe alike." - Friedrich Schiller

Posting ability officially rated "pretty good" by Delmar.

(#4) Old
Over 4000 post club

Cracked is well respected by his peersCracked is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM

On a related note...
If we all did what we teach our children to do, it would be a much better world.

That being stated--let's play!

"Haven't seen the back of us yet..."

(#5) Old
Over 3000 post club

Adam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Just please tell me you are female because bronies make me sicker than sick.

Liberal scientists are willing to accept that a global flood occurred on Mars, but they are unwilling to accept that it happened on earth. They will go to any lengths to not give any credence to the holy Word of God.

(#6) Old
TOL Legend

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
To be honest there is something strange (to me) about a grown man that plays video games for hours on end (not saying that you do, Quincy). Of course I love watching the animated DC Comics films and I'm 44 years old.
I play a 2 or 3 hours a day, I won't lie . I have friends that play 8 to 10 hours a day though, I don't see how they do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Though I point out that there are a lot of people even older than me who go to far more drastic extremes in their fandom.
Well, the odd thing is most of those people are guys. That's a topic for another thread though haha! Is it ok for grown men to like My Little Pony? I say no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
On a related note...
If we all did what we teach our children to do, it would be a much better world.

That being stated--let's play!
Yes, time to play. It's the time of the year all the best games come out so why not .

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#7) Old
Gonna go back in time!

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Just please tell me you are female because bronies make me sicker than sick.
How did you even hear of them?

I'm glad I've never had to deal with any of them, and I'm a little upset I even know they exist and what they're called.

I've never even tried to watch an episode of the current ponies cartoon. I did see some episodes of the old one as a child, but they never held my interest. And I have seen a bit of one episode of this one, but I changed the channel because it wasn't interesting to me.

(#8) Old
TOL Subscriber

Doormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
How many times has someone said that to you?
Never! And I have six kids!

My kids have to be told: "No, I'm too old for that. Go ahead."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
My father told me I was too old to play videogames and I replied that he was too old to watch television.
No offense to your dad, but he was wrong and you were right.

But it really depends on the game I guess. Portal II fan here.

I have liberty to be seen as a failure by you while being seen as a son by my Father.

(#9) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 04:40 PM

I think we "oldsters" need to play, too, or we'll lose our souls. I like making things in my shop. For me, that's a lot like "playing". I like bandying around ideas here on TOL. To me, that's also a lot like "playing". I'm strangely fascinated with boat design. For me, working out different boat designs is hours of fun.

What would life be like if we stopped doing those things that we find fun and interesting? I don't know, but I don't ever want to find out!

On the other hand, too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing. "All things in moderation, including even moderation", as they say. I learned that the hard way!

(#10) Old
Over 3000 post club

Adam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
How did you even hear of them?
I don't recall.

Liberal scientists are willing to accept that a global flood occurred on Mars, but they are unwilling to accept that it happened on earth. They will go to any lengths to not give any credence to the holy Word of God.

(#11) Old
TOL Subscriber

Doormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
... bronies ...
I had never heard the term until now.

When I'm "forced" to watch with my youngest daughters, I'm usually asleep within minutes. I couldn't even tell you what the show is about other than I can't get the music and the term "cutie mark" out of my head. That show is going to cost me this Christmas.

I have liberty to be seen as a failure by you while being seen as a son by my Father.

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

November 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureX View Post
I think we "oldsters" need to play, too, or we'll lose our souls.
I don't know. Have you seen My Little Pony?

(#13) Old
Gonna go back in time!

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I don't recall.
I assume it was somewhere on the internet. That's what it was for me. I don't recall which site, though. I have no idea what they're like, though. I only know they like the cartoon.

(#14) Old
TOL Legend

The Barbarian is well respected by his peers
The Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
What about you? Anyone ever tell you that you're too old to do something?
Play soccer. Climb rocks. Have children. Stuff like that. They were a decade or so early, that's all.

Now, finally, it's starting to get that way. I was really hoping there would be an exception made in my case.

God bless us, every one.

(#15) Old
Over 3000 post club

November 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
I had never heard the term until now.
Brony unboxes MLPs at McDonalds