TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page NCAA Football: the final weeks
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
NCAA Football: the final weeks - November 17th, 2012, 09:53 PM

Bama is poised to move up from the four slot in another upset special week. Number One Kansas State tumbles. Oregon stumbles. Notre Dame looks to take the top spot and Bama is set to ascend to the second place.

That means a hold of serve could see us taking on the Irish for the National Championship.

(#2) Old
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot

kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
November 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM

I would love to see USC beat Notre Dame. That would kill their championship chances. Or, it should.

The Tide better watch out for those fierce bulldogs! (see awesome avatar on left).

Don't tase me, bro!!
Who would've thought... it figures

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

(#3) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
November 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
I would love to see USC beat Notre Dame. That would kill their championship chances. Or, it should.
Doesn't seem likely with the qb situation at USC. Looks like the Irish might get their shot at facing on of the other most storied programs in NCAA history.

Quote:
The Tide better watch out for those fierce bulldogs! (see awesome avatar on left).
Not a team to take for granted, to be sure. My feeling is that A&M did what they do better than Georgia does. Good preparation. And I doubt we'll spot them nearly three touchdowns.

(#4) Old
TOL Subscriber

November 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM

So after a few weeks of talking heads and non SEC media darlings nearly gloating about how our conference just isn't what it once was I'm getting ready to take a look at four out of the top five teams here at the end being from...

(#5) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
November 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Florida State will handle Florida. Florida's defense is really good. They just can't score. Free shoes university just doesn't have that problem. Florida will get exposed.

Did you see Georgia lose to South Carolina? I was just watching Herbstreit suck up to the SEC and talk about how Kansas State lost. He was right about that part. It wasn't just a loss, they were hammered. They are not top 5 contenders, as shown in my ESPN poll, nor have ever been. Georgia did the same thing, they were crushed. You can't lose by 30, to anybody, and be in the discussion.

As I said, Oregon and Alabama are the two best. And I think there is a gap between them. I don't falt them for not running the table. Perfection week in and week out is tough. But losing by 4 touchdowns to....anybody shows you are not in that class.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#6) Old
TOL Subscriber

drbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peers
November 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
Florida State will handle Florida. Florida's defense is really good. They just can't score. Free shoes university just doesn't have that problem. Florida will get exposed.
We will see about that. Florida will win this game if Driskell plays.

Quote:
Did you see Georgia lose to South Carolina? I was just watching Herbstreit suck up to the SEC and talk about how Kansas State lost. He was right about that part. It wasn't just a loss, they were hammered. They are not top 5 contenders, as shown in my ESPN poll, nor have ever been. Georgia did the same thing, they were crushed. You can't lose by 30, to anybody, and be in the discussion.
Gonna have to agree here.

Quote:
As I said, Oregon and Alabama are the two best. And I think there is a gap between them. I don't falt them for not running the table. Perfection week in and week out is tough. But losing by 4 touchdowns to....anybody shows you are not in that class.
Alabama is for sure. Oregon's problem and always has been with this coach of theirs is they face a really great defense and they lose. Stanford has a great defense. Offense has something to be desired, but defensively they are stout.

Florida reminds me of the Saban years at LSU and Alabama in the first couple years, tough defense and young offense who just does enough to win. If Florida beats FSU at FSU, do you put them in in BCS title game?

An honest agnostic is one who put God to the test like he wants you to; to prove Himself to you, that's why no man can or ever will convince you of there being God and His son Jesus. ONLY He can do that. An honest agnostic wants to know the truth no matter the cost or where it leads you. You accept the conclusions on your own. That's an honest agnostic. A dishonest one says I don't care.Thereby becoming an atheist and a Fool!

(#7) Old

Eeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peers
November 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM

I suspect it is all rigged. The plantation owners want us to focus on this type of stuff while they plunder the economy.

(#8) Old
Silver Member

Son of Jack is well respected by his peers
Son of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peersSon of Jack is well respected by his peers
November 19th, 2012, 07:24 AM

I think a Bama v. Irish game would be pretty awful. I really don't know what to hope for with the scenarios that are left. I suspect that Bama will beat Auburn easily and manage a victory over UGA. That will put them in the championship game again (and rightly so). I'm not sure what will happen with the Irish and USC, especially with Barkley out. USC has been very average with him, and I doubt they'll get better without him, but stranger things have happened. So, if the Irish and UGA lose, then the picture isn't really that much clearer. The problem is that Oregon needs UCLA to beat Stanford, and they need to beat Oregon State (a good team and their archrival) in order to get into the Pac 12 championship game. Then, they'll need to beat a good UCLA team. That's a lot that needs to fall into place for the Ducks.

Should be interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeset
I suspect it is all rigged. The plantation owners want us to focus on this type of stuff while they plunder the economy.
Kansas State fan, I see.

Eucharist [thanksgiving] is the state of the perfect man. Eucharist is the life of paradise. Eucharist is the only full and real response of man to God's creation, redemption, and gift of heaven. - Alexander Schemann

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

Compassion International

(#9) Old
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot

kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
November 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM

I'd love to see Oregon somehow make it to the title game but their chances are slim at this point. I think they can win out but even if they do, they need Notre Dame to slip up and they probably won't at this point.

As I told Townie in another place, I wouldn't mind seeing the Tide pound on the Irish though.

Don't tase me, bro!!
Who would've thought... it figures

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

(#10) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
November 19th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
If Florida beats FSU at FSU, do you put them in in BCS title game?
No. They are not as good as Georgia who is not as good as Alabama. Oregon has this year what they haven't had in the past. A decent defense. Not lights out, but much better than they were. That is why they can give Alabama a game.

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#11) Old
Carpet Bagger

November 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM

I also don't see the Domers losing. I have had USC in my top 5 until the second loss. All that talent, and all they have shown is you can punch them in the mouth and they will crumble. Lane Kiffin is clearly over rated. He cheats, but lacks intestinal fortitude needed to have a great defense.

Jesus saves completely.

Last edited by Nick M; November 19th, 2012 at 07:48 PM..

(#12) Old
Carpet Bagger

November 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
I suspect it is all rigged.
Not by the system design, but by the voters who get to arbitrarily select the best. Just like elections, it only works on paper.

Quote:
The plantation owners want us to focus on this type of stuff while they plunder the economy.
Says the person that voted for the biggest plantation owner.

Jesus saves completely.

Last edited by Nick M; November 19th, 2012 at 07:48 PM..

(#13) Old
TOL Subscriber

drbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peersdrbrumley is well respected by his peers
November 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
We will see about that. Florida will win this game if Driskell plays.
Called it..... Now go USC!!!!! I can't believe I'm rooting for them

An honest agnostic is one who put God to the test like he wants you to; to prove Himself to you, that's why no man can or ever will convince you of there being God and His son Jesus. ONLY He can do that. An honest agnostic wants to know the truth no matter the cost or where it leads you. You accept the conclusions on your own. That's an honest agnostic. A dishonest one says I don't care.Thereby becoming an atheist and a Fool!

(#14) Old
TOL Subscriber

November 24th, 2012, 06:40 PM

ROLL TIDE!

Glad coach sent in the second and third strings when he did. I felt sorry for the Auburn folks and the kids on the field. Two years removed from a National Championship and I haven't seen a more poorly directed group in the history of my Iron Bowl observance.

(#15) Old
Carpet Bagger

November 24th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Florida State will handle Florida. Florida's defense is really good. They just can't score.
How about 24 points in the 4th quarter. They certainly got it done, and then some.

The Domers still don't impress me, as USC is a 5 loss team, and showed early and often this year they have a glass jaw. I think Bama will take care of business.

Jesus saves completely.