TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page The War on Women
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

Closed Thread

(#1) Old
Silver Member

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
The War on Women - November 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM

Real War on Women: Saudi Arabia Implements ‘Wife-Tracking’ System
Nov 24, 2012 04:05 PM EST

Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/24/...#ixzz2DAqID0DI

Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.

Read more at:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbar...racking_system

Why is this administration silent about this assault on human rights? Do they secretly support it? Where is this country's outrage?

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” ― Philip K. Dick

Last edited by Saved.One.by.Grace; November 25th, 2012 at 08:09 AM..

(#2) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
November 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM

They want to keep track of them while they are in Dubai.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#3) Old
TOL Legend

annabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peers
annabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peers
November 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM

I wouldn't expect a response from this or any administration, regardless of party. It's well-known how repressive Saudi Arabia is towards women and as a woman I can't imagine what it would be like to live under those conditions. Sadly, this is just a technological twist on what's been going on there for centuries.

(#4) Old
TOL Subscriber

jeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peers
November 25th, 2012, 08:07 AM

the US has turned a blind eye to Saudi's atrocities for years (while going around elsewhere in the region on a holy crusade to rid the world of terror)...

there's a simple reason, money, always follow the paper trail if you want to know what the US gov is up to.

keep shinin

jerm

(#5) Old
TOL Legend

annabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peers
annabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peers
November 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdemo View Post
the US has turned a blind eye to Saudi's atrocities for years (while going around elsewhere in the region on a holy crusade to rid the world of terror)...

there's a simple reason, money, always follow the paper trail if you want to know what the US gov is up to.

keep shinin

jerm
As in second largest oil importer to the U.S.

(#6) Old
TOL Subscriber

jeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peers
November 26th, 2012, 07:43 AM

yeah where are all the United Nations human rights councils for them?

unsurprisingly quiet, while people are beheaded, important inquiry on Syria going on tho....

follow the money trail.

keep shinin

jerm

Last edited by jeremysdemo; November 26th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: typo

(#7) Old
Silver Member

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
November 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM

When the "Arab Spring" turns into the "Sharia Summer", will this administration finally say something? Egypt is in the beginnings of a civil war with the attempted power grab by their leader.

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” ― Philip K. Dick

(#8) Old
TOL Subscriber

November 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM

it is true what rabbi Y'shua said, You cannot serve both God and gold. Matthew 6:24

keep shinin

jerm

(#9) Old
Over 3000 post club

Zeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peersZeke is well respected by his peers
November 26th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
Real War on Women: Saudi Arabia Implements ‘Wife-Tracking’ System
Nov 24, 2012 04:05 PM EST

Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/24/...#ixzz2DAqID0DI

Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.

Read more at:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbar...racking_system

Why is this administration silent about this assault on human rights? Do they secretly support it? Where is this country's outrage?
The same reason the soldiers at Abu Ghraib could do what they did, condistioning through the lucifer effect.

(#10) Old
Silver Member

November 26th, 2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
The same reason the soldiers at Abu Ghraib could do what they did, condistioning through the lucifer effect.
I haven't heard of one instance where I believe our soldiers should have been disciplined, and that includes Abu Ghraib, urination on dead bodies, burning or flushing Korans, etc. This enemy plays by a different set of rules. As a Christian, I would not take part in such activities (but who knows for sure under the pressures of war), but I would not condemn or discipline any who took part. War is hell.

Last edited by Saved.One.by.Grace; November 26th, 2012 at 07:46 PM..

(#11) Old
TOL Legend

November 26th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard of one instance where I believe our soldiers should have been disciplined, and that includes Abu Ghraib, urination on dead bodies, burning or flushing Korans, etc. This enemy plays buy a different set of rules. As a Christian, I would not take part in such activities (but who knows for sure under the pressures of war), but I would not condemn or discipline any who took part. War is hell.
Abu Ghraib was a disgrace, and there weren't even mitigating factors in place like there might be in the heat of battle. What reasons would you have as a Christian for not taking part in what happened at ABu Ghraib?

(#12) Old
Silver Member

November 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
Abu Ghraib was a disgrace, and there weren't even mitigating factors in place like there might be in the heat of battle. What reasons would you have as a Christian for not taking part in what happened at ABu Ghraib?
I don't know if we know the truth about Abu Ghraib. We only know what the Lame Stream Media wants us to know and they have been proven to have an agenda.

As a Christian as hard as I might try, I am not perfect. If I knew my fellow soldiers were being beheaded with saws, dragged through the streets, sodomized, etc., I might do worse. I'm not saying I would or it is justified, but we've put our military under horrific rules of engagement. Chris Kyle who did three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Navy Seal says you practically need a lawyer before you can take a shot. He's also a Christian.

Anna, I respect you but this is one area where we are going to have to agree to disagree. You may have the last word or words.

(#13) Old
TOL Legend

November 26th, 2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I don't know if we know the truth about Abu Ghraib. We only know what the Lame Stream Media wants us to know and they have been proven to have an agenda.
We have the photos. They're pretty self-explanatory. In this instance, I'm not sure there's anything else we don't know that would excuse any of it.

Quote:
As a Christian as hard as I might try, I am not perfect. If I knew my fellow soldiers were being beheaded with saws, dragged through the streets, sodomized, etc., I might do worse. I'm not saying I would or it is justified, but we've put our military under horrific rules of engagement. Chris Kyle who did three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Navy Seal says you practically need a lawyer before you can take a shot. He's also a Christian.
That's why I mentioned the mitigating factor of the heat of battle. Men will do things they wouldn't ordinarily do - war is hell, and they do crack under pressure and they will do things that might not be right or honorable, and because of that inhuman pressure there's some understanding of the why.

But the prison photos...there's no heat of battle. Acknowledging that Islamists have done terrible things, horrible things...do we allow ourselves to sink to that level? I understand the issues surrounding the rules of engagement but that's a separate issue.

Quote:
Anna, I respect you but this is one area where we are going to have to agree to disagree. You may have the last word or words.
It's the measure of a man's character when he does the right and the honorable thing even under the most horrific of situations. In the case of Abu Ghraib specifically, what happened there shouldn't have happened. I think we were disgraced as a nation because of it.

I respect you too. SObG, and I think with that mutual respect we can respectfully disagree.

(#14) Old
Star*Lord of the Spartax System

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 27th, 2012, 01:33 AM

To call the stance against abortion [in all forms] a "war on women" is disingenuous, especially in light of the things that happen in other countries where women are horrendously disfigured, treated like chattel, murdered, etc.

We stand against the murder of innocent children, about half of whom are female, and these other countries force women to have their children killed, brutally beat women, burn and scar them, and even murder them as "punishment" for things in which they were actually innocent victims. War on women? Eat dirt, liberals.

(#15) Old
Silver Member

November 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
When the "Arab Spring" turns into the "Sharia Summer", will this administration finally say something? Egypt is in the beginnings of a civil war with the attempted power grab by their leader.
I wrote the above a few days ago. This is from todays Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...si-power-grab/

http://townhall.com/columnists/calth.../pharaoh_morsi

Last edited by Saved.One.by.Grace; November 27th, 2012 at 05:48 PM..

Closed Thread