TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Pat Robertson is an old earther?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
Over 3000 post club

Adam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peers
Pat Robertson is an old earther? - November 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Either he's changed his position, or I never knew, but Pat Robertson joins the likes of James Dobson in saying that the earth is old, not young.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2207275.html

"I do not believe that there is any purposeless evil in God's creation." ~James White

source

(#2) Old
Resident Gadfly.

Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM

This crazy, cruel piece of work's nuttier than usual lately. Didn't he also just come out in support of legalizing weed?

If you don't do as He told you don't expect me to listen.

Chances are you're actually a Paulist.

(#3) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM

I never thought much of Pat Robertson. If he supports legalizing pot--maybe he's going senile. That's even a stretch for him.

(#4) Old
Over 3000 post club

Adam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite View Post
This crazy, cruel piece of work's nuttier than usual lately. Didn't he also just come out in support of legalizing weed?
You know what, I think he did. He also did a video with Al Sharpton a few years back about global warming.

Pat Robertson and Al Sharpton

"I do not believe that there is any purposeless evil in God's creation." ~James White

source

(#5) Old
TOL Legend

OMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 11:14 AM

That is because he knows that he too is OLD and when he dies ,

he is going to be part of the Earth.

GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

(#6) Old
TOL Legend

WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM

Pat Robertson is an old earther?

So is God

Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no. But saying "yes" begins things. Saying "yes" is how things grow. Saying "yes" leads to knowledge. "Yes" is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say "yes."
- Stephen Colbert

For anti-theists / militant atheists Warning: some profanity

(#7) Old
Over 4000 post club

Paulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 12:11 PM

(#8) Old
Blessed is the man that......

Psalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peers
Psalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peersPsalmist is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Pat Robertson is an old earther?
Pat Robertson is original earth (dirt)

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
.....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

(#9) Old
Over 750 post club

I aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respected
November 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM

It looks like he is confused, like a lot of Christians are as to what is science and what is philosophy. If it doesn’t support the Biblical account of creation, then it isn’t science, it is philosophy.

(#10) Old
Over 4000 post club

This Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM

What Does 2 timothy 3:16 say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I aint no monkey View Post
It looks like he is confused, like a lot of Christians are as to what is science and what is philosophy. If it doesn’t support the Biblical account of creation, then it isn’t science, it is philosophy.

(#11) Old
Over 4000 post club

Paulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Faith, by definition, deals only with things that are not seen (2 Cor 4:18, Heb 11:1) while science, by definition, deals only with what we can see or observe with physical instruments. If faith could be proven by science, faith would no longer be faith--it would be knowledge (Rom 8:24). Then, rather than being saved by our faith, we could be saved by our knowledge. Faith is not knowledge, and knowledge is not faith. Science is knowledge. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says that "we walk by faith, not by sight". Science and faith appear to be mutually exclusive.

Skepticism and humility are essential tools in the process of true scientific investigation. Personal bias must be set aside because bias can alter one's perceptions. True scientists must not only be prepared to doubt, question, and test the claims of others, but they must doubt, question, and test their own assumptions as well, and be prepared to accept outcomes that do not conform to their predisposed expectations.

These essential traits of the true scientific investigator, skepticism and humility, are non-existent in the mindset of the fundamentalist. Fundamentalism replaces skepticism and humility with faith and arrogance. Fundamentalists appeal to authority (scripture) in order to define their beliefs about creationism. The scientific method gets replaced with "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!" Outcomes of scientific testing that do not conform to the fundamentalist's belief system tend to be simply ignored or denied. This is why creationism leads to poor science.

(#12) Old
Star*Lord of the Spartax Empire

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Charming Manc View Post
What Does 2 timothy 3:16 say ?
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

What does that have to do with anything?

(#13) Old
TOL Legend

WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
If it doesn’t support the Biblical account of creation, then it isn’t science, it is philosophy.

You have that exactly backwards.

Define "science"

Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no. But saying "yes" begins things. Saying "yes" is how things grow. Saying "yes" leads to knowledge. "Yes" is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say "yes."
- Stephen Colbert

For anti-theists / militant atheists Warning: some profanity

(#14) Old
Over 750 post club

I aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respectedI aint no monkey is well respected
November 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

What does that have to do with anything?
It means that I can correct scientists.

(#15) Old
Over 750 post club

November 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post

You have that exactly backwards.

Define "science"
Science is anything that supports the philosophy of atheistic naturalism.

Tags
evolution, fossil