TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page The Secret Hideout
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
The Secret Hideout - February 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM

I thought it would be fun to make a spiritual successor thread to the old Pagans hangout threads. So here it is. Whether you're Pagan, atheist, agnostic, heathen or a non staus-quo Christian, outcast from your own, share your thoughts!

Topics up for discussion can include but are not limited to:

Everything.

Just don't get banned.

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#2) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM

My first topic. My lady and I are headed off to Europe next week for 8 days of dastardly mayhem!! We are going to upset the establishments from London all the way to Frankfurt, Germany.

I may take pics .

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#3) Old
Gold level Subscriber

fool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peers
fool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
My first topic. My lady and I are headed off to Europe next week for 8 days of dastardly mayhem!! We are going to upset the establishments from London all the way to Frankfurt, Germany.

I may take pics .
Do you speak European?
What books did you read to get prepared?
Are you gonna get a rail pass?
Did you practice going number two over a hole in the floor?
That's the only part that would scare me.
I can do it if I have a tree to lean against.

Everyman is a voice in the dark.
I II III IV

(#4) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool View Post
Do you speak European?
What books did you read to get prepared?
Are you gonna get a rail pass?
Did you practice going number two over a hole in the floor?
That's the only part that would scare me.
I can do it if I have a tree to lean against.
No no lol, I'm just following her lead. She has been to every country we are going to, plus she is originally from Frankfurt and speaks German, Italian and French so we will be ok . I'm sure I will be able to drum up some British english though. I've read most of Arthur Brain's posts. Hopefully I can get ahold of that guy and ragtag and see if they want to stomp around some there as I am spending a whole day in England. .

(#5) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM

That's a long way to go just to spend 6 days on a train with some girl.

(#6) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Well, I am not going just because of her. I really want to see Europe, too. We are going to spend a few days in Frankfurt and I'll get to see where she is from, where she lived and meet her family. There will be some good things done.

(#7) Old
TOL Subscriber

resurrected is well respected by his peers
resurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool View Post
Do you speak European?

That raises an interesting point.

They got rid of all the drachmas and liras and franks and deutschmarks and replaced them with euros.

When are they going to get around to doing that with language?

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

(#8) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
That raises an interesting point.

They got rid of all the drachmas and liras and franks and deutschmarks and replaced them with euros.

When are they going to get around to doing that with language?
I think some countries are kind of doing that with Engish. Making most students learn it ESL in what we call high school over here. I mean really learn it too, my girlfriend is actually helping me with my essays for my college English class. She knows grammar and so forth much better than I.

(#9) Old
TOL Subscriber

resurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 10:30 AM

well, you are from Kentucky

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

(#10) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM

And don't you forget it .

(#11) Old
TOL Subscriber

February 28th, 2013, 10:36 AM

We need a hillbilly emoticon, maybe missing a tooth, wearing overalls

(#12) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM

We sure do, that would be hilarious, especially if it was animated to tug at those overalls.

(#13) Old
Over 3000 post club

Memento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM

I was trying to plan a trip to Germany. There's a huge psych conference this summer.

Calvin: (after a long pause) I canít tell if thatís funny or really scary.
Anti-Death

2024 Life by Delmar: Homosexuality legal in all states; Government healthcare with abortion; Outlawing Bible by broadcast by hate crime laws

(#14) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM

My school is going on a trip there in a couple weeks. Wish you went here momo.

(#15) Old
Over 6000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 03:05 PM

I seem to have jinxed my trip when I made this thread. Ah, so disappointed right now.