TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: Triune God discussion part II
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#1) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Triune God discussion part II - February 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM

This is a continuation of the thread started by Oatmeal. Please keep it civil. Here are the last few posts to keep the train of thought going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
Joshua means deliverer. He was never called Immanuel. That name is unique to the Messiah. It doesn't mean a god it mean the God. You are so blind.

If this turns into a bash Christians thread--I am moving it to religion. It sits right on the edge as to whether it belongs in this forum or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steko View Post
All trinitarians take I Timothy 2:5 seriously.
No trinitarian denies that Jesus Christ is fully man and that He is the only mediator between GOD and man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
It is NOT ok to lie about peoples posts. Nang as consistently misrepresented what I believe. She has been corrected many times by different people yet she continues to lie. She or me are not the authority on what is a Christian. I am a follower of God and his son. I may think in a different manner but I am a Christian. I do not condemn Nang for her faith, it is her right to feel the way she does. And I do not lie about her posts. I only called her what she is.

I'm sorry if she has been hurt, but she is what she is.
Quote:
Keep your bullhorn in the closet. She is not lying, but stating what she believes your theology to be and it happens to be the position of this forum as well.

(#2) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
This is a continuation of the thread started by Oatmeal. Please keep it civil. Here are the last few posts to keep the train of thought going.
Okie dokie,

I, for one would appreciate the effort towards civility.

I for one, will set the example.

If someone gets abusive towards me, what will you do?

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1

(#3) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM

If it is unwarranted they would get the same treatment. Also consider the bias of the forum. This is a Christian forum--by that I mean a board when the owner recognize the Messiah as divine as well as human.

(#4) Old
TOL Subscriber

Nang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM

It is the solemn duty of the saints of God, to not let the world diminish God's Person or purpose. As the church of Jesus Christ, and possessors of His gospel of grace, we can never tolerate the blurring of who He is: Creator God Himself.

Therefore, regarding the doctrine of The Trinity, Christians must do battle, according to Ephesians 6:10-20. This must be the hill we are willing to die on.

Nang

"The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

"Experience teaches us nothing; revelation teaches all we need to know."

“ Those who proclaim that the sovereignty of God determines what justice is, (do so) by observing what God actually does. Whatever God does is just.”

. . . Gordon H. Clark

(#5) Old
Over 2000 post club

Gill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticed
February 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang View Post
It is the solemn duty of the saints of God, to not let the world diminish God's Person or purpose. As the church of Jesus Christ, and possessors of His gospel of grace, we can never tolerate the blurring of who He is: Creator God Himself.

Therefore, regarding the doctrine of The Trinity, Christians must do battle, according to Ephesians 6:10-20. This must be the hill we are willing to die on.

Nang
Then I am going to ask you to please correct your post:

And change it, to read "The doctrine of Christ"

2Jn 1:9 KJV
(9) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The doctrine of Christ, is where we need start. Let's take these other words out, and lets come to the table and be civil in this thread, with no threats of any kind, by calling people unkind names, and lets us learn by what is written, like Jesus did.

Mat 4:7 KJV
(7) Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

I see that the word doctrine could mean, taught/instruction:

G1322
διδαχή
didachē
did-akh-ay'
From G1321; instruction (the act or the matter): - doctrine, hath been taught.

2Co 5:17 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

(#6) Old
Over 2000 post club

Gill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticed
February 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Okie dokie,

I, for one would appreciate the effort towards civility.

I for one, will set the example.

If someone gets abusive towards me, what will you do?

oatmeal
Hopefully, your new thread will be civil, with no name calling or threats and bullying will occur.

It's time to get back to Gods Words, and His titles.

2Co 5:17 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

(#7) Old
TOL Subscriber

Nang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peersNang is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Here is the doctrine of Christ:

Colossians 2:6-10

"The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

“ Those who proclaim that the sovereignty of God determines what justice is, (do so) by observing what God actually does. Whatever God does is just.”

. . . Gordon H. Clark

(#8) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Nang
I, for one, do not diminish God.

God is unique as Creator as love, as light.

He did, however, have a son who is subordinate to him whose beginning is started in Matthew 1:18

God has a son who God foreknew.

I Peter 1:20 ASV

" who was foreknown indeed before the foundation of the world, but was manifested at the end of times for your sake,"

A son who always did the Father's will, not his own will.

Jesus Christ could have exalted himself being the son of God, but instead humbled himself to obey the Father even unto death, even the death of the cross.

Which is why God highly exalted Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:9

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:"

God did this for His son, Jesus Christ.

The man Christ Jesus, having finished the works given to him in his first earthly ministry, now serves as the mediator between God and men.

(as well as other functions)

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

(#9) Old
Over 2000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Thank you, I will put the scriptures up here so that others can read.

Col 2:6-10 KJV
(6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
(7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

So when we have Christ, we are complete in him:

(#10) Old
TOL Subscriber

February 28th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill White View Post
Thank you, I will put the scriptures up here so that others can read.

Col 2:6-10 KJV
(6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
(7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

So when we have Christ, we are complete in him:

That is because through Him, we are reconciled to the Father, and raised to new life by the Holy Spirit.

We are made complete in the Triune God, forever and ever.

. . . Gordon H. Clark

(#11) Old
TOL Legend

February 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:

That is all? Just Colossians 2:6-10?

Isn't it awesome that the fulness of God dwells in believers?

Ephesians 3:19

" And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

What God was in Christ II Corinthians 5:18-19 we have access to as well.

" And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

Just as Jesus Christ has a divine nature, so do believers.

Not only do we have the divine we are to partake in it!

II Peter 1:3-4

" According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

What an incredible privilege and responsibility we have as followers of the lord Jesus Christ!

John 14:6

He is the way to the Father, there is none other.

Jesus Christ is not our final destination, he is the way to our final destination

Our final destination is God himself, the Father.

oatmeal

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

February 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
That is all? Just Colossians 2:6-10?

Isn't it awesome that the fulness of God dwells in believers?

I find it disturbing that you immediately deflect the doctrine of Christ, to focus on a doctrine of men.

Quote:
Jesus Christ is not our final destination, he is the way to our final destination

Our final destination is God himself, the Father.

oatmeal
The error of your anti-trinitarian beliefs ("Arianism") is your failure to retain correct distinctions between creatures and Creator.

You deliberately diminish the Deity of Jesus Christ, to lower Him to a creaturely level, while at the same time, attempt to elevate creatures
(mere men) to a divine level.

These muddled contrasts develop due to your lack of comprehending there has only been one, uncreated God/Man, the Lord from Heaven, Jesus Christ. He will forever be the only God incarnate.

And the reason you do not distinguish this sole God/Man from the rest of humanity, is because you do not comprehend or believe in the Triune Godhead.

If one does not properly study the Trinity, they will never discover the miracle of God become flesh. And if one does not comprehend God become flesh, they will never truly partake in eternal reconciliation with God. (Colossians 2:19-23)

One cannot call themselves a "Christian" when they do not abide in the doctrine of Christ. III John verse 9; I John 4:1-3

. . . Gordon H. Clark

(#13) Old
Over 2000 post club

February 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I find it disturbing that you immediately deflect the doctrine of Christ, to focus on a doctrine of men.
There is no need for you to be disturbed.

Ephesians 3:19 is a doctrine/teaching of Christ. Gal 1:12 KJV

Ephesians 3:19 KJV
" And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

The book of Ephesians was given to Paul from Jesus Christ. So Ephesians is from Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:12 KJV
(12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Even though Jesus was up in Heaven, Jesus still taught Paul.

(#14) Old
TOL Legend

February 28th, 2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:

The error of your anti-trinitarian beliefs ("Arianism") is your failure to retain correct distinctions between creatures and Creator.

You deliberately diminish the Deity of Jesus Christ, to lower Him to a creaturely level, while at the same time, attempt to elevate creatures
(mere men) to a divine level.

These muddled contrasts develop due to your lack of comprehending there has only been one, uncreated God/Man, the Lord from Heaven, Jesus Christ. He will forever be the only God incarnate.

And the reason you do not distinguish this sole God/Man from the rest of humanity, is because you do not comprehend or believe in the Triune Godhead.

If one does not properly study the Trinity, they will never discover the miracle of God become flesh. And if one does not comprehend God become flesh, they will never truly partake in eternal reconciliation with God. (Colossians 2:19-23)

One cannot call themselves a "Christian" when they do not abide in the doctrine of Christ. III John verse 9; I John 4:1-3
Quote:
Evidently, the meaning of John 14:6 escapes you.

That's too bad.

oatmeal

(#15) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

February 28th, 2013, 09:38 PM

For the sake of clarity I am going to describe the different forms on Nontrinitarianism.

Adoptionism - a minority Christian belief that Jesus was adopted as God's Son either at his baptism, his resurrection, or his ascension. This is a primary belief system of the Ebionites--those the reject the writings of the Apostle Paul.

Arianism - Attributed to Arius - This theology teaches that Jesus is subordinate to God and is a created being.

The above fall outside of true Christian theology. Christian Theology recognizes the Divinity of Jesus. This theology is Christian/Other

Monarchianism -or Monism - a set of beliefs that emphasize God as being one person. They accept the divinity of the Jesus as being God incarnate, but cannot grasp the concept of a Trinity.

Tags
do not say spank