TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? - June 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? (I think this is from Lk 13:24?)

It is because many will try to enter Heaven (claim to be Christian) but will not be strong enouhg... because they have not been doing anything more than mentally assenting that Jesus is real (Savior)

Only those who do the will of the Father enter Heaven

Is it the willof the Father to be hateful toward others?

Is it the will of the Father that society kill its most helpless members (abortion)?

etc....

The Bible says all through it tht we are saved by Christ AND

by what we do

Jesus said to DO things

love neighbor as self

feed and help neighbor...

not just Believe...

"Even the demons beleive and tremble" James 2:14

and there is another reason I believe Jesus is saying this to so called believers

They never spend TIME with Him in his Real, tangible (physical) Presence... found in His Church, the Roman Catholic Church

Mt 28:20

Jn 6:27-72

no one can argue with the logic that those who spend time with someone know that somene far better than those who don't





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
resurrected resurrected is offline
TOL Subscriber
 resurrected's Avatar

 



Reputation:
resurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peers
June 5th, 2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetsFree View Post
Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? (I think this is from Lk 13:24?)



Because He was terribly intolerant and didn't embrace diversity?





.
.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you
   
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
Robert Pate Robert Pate is offline
Silver Member

 



Reputation:
Robert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peers
June 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetsFree View Post
Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? (I think this is from Lk 13:24?)

It is because many will try to enter Heaven (claim to be Christian) but will not be strong enouhg... because they have not been doing anything more than mentally assenting that Jesus is real (Savior)

Only those who do the will of the Father enter Heaven

Is it the willof the Father to be hateful toward others?

Is it the will of the Father that society kill its most helpless members (abortion)?

etc....

The Bible says all through it tht we are saved by Christ AND

by what we do

Jesus said to DO things

love neighbor as self

feed and help neighbor...

not just Believe...

"Even the demons beleive and tremble" James 2:14

and there is another reason I believe Jesus is saying this to so called believers

They never spend TIME with Him in his Real, tangible (physical) Presence... found in His Church, the Roman Catholic Church

Mt 28:20

Jn 6:27-72

no one can argue with the logic that those who spend time with someone know that somene far better than those who don't

Jesus did not say "Depart from me" to believers.

The scripture that you are refering to is Matthew 7:21, 22, 23.

In Matthew 7:21, The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

In Matthew 7:22, The many that are trusting in their good works for salvation are the lost.

In Matthew 7:23, Jesus tells these people that are works happy to "Depart from me you that work iniquity, I never knew you."

These scriptures are a warning to those who are trusting in their own good works for salvation and not in the works of Jesus Christ.



   
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
DAN P DAN P is offline
Over 4000 post club

 



Reputation:
DAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respected
June 5th, 2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetsFree View Post
Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? (I think this is from Lk 13:24?)

It is because many will try to enter Heaven (claim to be Christian) but will not be strong enouhg... because they have not been doing anything more than mentally assenting that Jesus is real (Savior)

Only those who do the will of the Father enter Heaven

Is it the willof the Father to be hateful toward others?

Is it the will of the Father that society kill its most helpless members (abortion)?

etc....

The Bible says all through it tht we are saved by Christ AND

by what we do

Jesus said to DO things

love neighbor as self

feed and help neighbor...

not just Believe...

"Even the demons beleive and tremble" James 2:14

and there is another reason I believe Jesus is saying this to so called believers

They never spend TIME with Him in his Real, tangible (physical) Presence... found in His Church, the Roman Catholic Church

Mt 28:20

Jn 6:27-72

no one can argue with the logic that those who spend time with someone know that somene far better than those who don't

Hi , and you have HEARD this many times before , IT'S THE CONTEXT ?

There are no CHRISTIANOS/CHRISTIANS in the Gospels !!

It is in Luke 13:28 and it says " there SHALL " is a Future Tense , which speaks to the End of the Great Tribulation !!

OT believers went to PARADISE and not to Heaven as you suppose !!

Where is the Roman Catholic Church found in the Gospels ?? HUH !!

Jesus was a Law Keeper , so why do you not keep the Law of Moses ??

Tell me , please Tell me ??

dan p

You are funny ??



   
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 5th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
Because He was terribly intolerant and didn't embrace diversity?
yes, he and i have a lot in common that way...





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 5th, 2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi , and you have HEARD this many times before , IT'S THE CONTEXT ?

There are no CHRISTIANOS/CHRISTIANS in the Gospels !!

It is in Luke 13:28 and it says " there SHALL " is a Future Tense , which speaks to the End of the Great Tribulation !!

OT believers went to PARADISE and not to Heaven as you suppose !!

Where is the Roman Catholic Church found in the Gospels ?? HUH !!

Jesus was a Law Keeper , so why do you not keep the Law of Moses ??

Tell me , please Tell me ??

dan p

You are funny ??
i have no idea what your point is...

(not surprisingly)





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 5th, 2013, 07:42 PM

.


.
.
for context, here is the passage in full (for those who say He was not speaking to believers)



A Tree and its Fruit




St Matthew 7:23



15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16You shall know them by their fruits.

Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Why by their fruits you shall know them. 21Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
Princely Princely is offline
Over 2000 post club
 Princely's Avatar

 


Reputation:
Princely will become famous soon enough
June 5th, 2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetsFree View Post
Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? (I think this is from Lk 13:24?)

It is because many will try to enter Heaven (claim to be Christian) but will not be strong enouhg... because they have not been doing anything more than mentally assenting that Jesus is real (Savior)

Only those who do the will of the Father enter Heaven

Is it the willof the Father to be hateful toward others?

Is it the will of the Father that society kill its most helpless members (abortion)?

etc....

The Bible says all through it tht we are saved by Christ AND

by what we do

Jesus said to DO things

love neighbor as self

feed and help neighbor...

not just Believe...

"Even the demons beleive and tremble" James 2:14

and there is another reason I believe Jesus is saying this to so called believers

They never spend TIME with Him in his Real, tangible (physical) Presence... found in His Church, the Roman Catholic Church

Mt 28:20

Jn 6:27-72

no one can argue with the logic that those who spend time with someone know that somene far better than those who don't
You have no idea what or where Gods presence is. It is not as the natural man thinks. You cannot learn the ways of God as a natural man. One must be born of water and spirit and drawn by God to the Son. You have not been drawn because you reject the One whom He has sent.

The Lord says; "I am Almighty God, walk in my presence and be blameless."

"If you repent so that I restore you, you will stand in my presence. If you bring fourth the precious and not the vile you will be my mouthpiece. Then it will be they who turn to you and not you to them and I will make you like a solid wall of brass to this people. They will fight against you but they will not prevail for I am with you to deliver you."

"Who has stood in the counsel of the Lord to see Him and to hear His word? Who has heeded His word so as to announce it."

"If the son frees you, you shall TRULY be free."

"Israel is my son, my first born, let my son go so he can serve me."

"You are my witnesses (Israel), my servants whom I have chosen, to know and believe it is I, I the Lord before me there was no God after me there shall be none."



   
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
You have no idea what or where Gods presence is. It is not as the natural man thinks. You cannot learn the ways of God as a natural man. One must be born of water and spirit and drawn by God to the Son. You have not been drawn because you reject the One whom He has sent.

."
You have no idea what or where Gods presence is. It is not as the natural man thinks. You cannot learn the ways of God as a natural man. One must be born of water and spirit and drawn by God to the Son. You have not been drawn because you reject the One whom He has sent, since you reject HIS Church, the RCC (not to mention that you condemn me to eternal Hell and you don't know a thing about me).





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
glorydaz glorydaz is offline
Gold level Subscriber
 glorydaz's Avatar

 



Reputation:
glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
June 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
Jesus did not say "Depart from me" to believers.

The scripture that you are refering to is Matthew 7:21, 22, 23.

In Matthew 7:21, The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

In Matthew 7:22, The many that are trusting in their good works for salvation are the lost.

In Matthew 7:23, Jesus tells these people that are works happy to "Depart from me you that work iniquity, I never knew you."

These scriptures are a warning to those who are trusting in their own good works for salvation and not in the works of Jesus Christ.
Exactly....they were NOT believers. The Jews are perfect examples of those who ate manna in the wilderness and drank from the rock, but they were wrong when they thought they could achieve righteousness through their works. It didn't work for them, and it won't work for any who try to "establish their own righteousness." Righteousness can only be imputed to us through faith in Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:2-3
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Matt. 13:25
When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.



   
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
Exactly....they were NOT believers. ]
this is utterly INSANE

it says right there in the passage that he was speaking of believers, those who attempt to etner Heaven

it is not atheists who attempt to enter a heaven they dont even believe in...

geez..

read the whole Bible...

might provide contexxt





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 7th, 2013, 12:22 PM

if u people who claim to be believe in OSAS

dont give up mortal sin

u will end up in Hell

Keep believing the devil, who wants mroe than anything to damn your souls...

he is more intelligent than any human...

he usually wins

Jesus said that few find the narrow way to heaven... Mt 7

Lk 13:24

ETC





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
beloved57 beloved57 is online now
TOL Legend
 beloved57's Avatar

 


Reputation:
beloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scale
June 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Why did Jesus say "Depart from me you workers of iniquity" to "believers"? -
They weren't born again believers.





I have my own private opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else.

Charles Spurgeon.
   
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
TruthSetsFree TruthSetsFree is offline
TOL Subscriber
 TruthSetsFree's Avatar

 


Reputation:
TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
June 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
They weren't born again believers.
right

maybe u have the version of the Bible that says

"And Jesus said to those who are not born again: Depart from Me... But you who are born again can commit any sin you want and still get to Heaven"

hmmmm...

I've never heard of that version...





"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31
   
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
False Prophet False Prophet is offline
Over 1000 post club
 False Prophet's Avatar

 


Reputation:
False Prophet will become famous soon enoughFalse Prophet will become famous soon enoughFalse Prophet will become famous soon enoughFalse Prophet will become famous soon enough
June 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM

Only a remnant shall be saved. Broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many are there that go therein. The harlot church has broadened the road that leads to eternal life, for narrow is the road that leads to eternal life; and few are there that go therein. Those who cry to Jesus, saying, "Did we not prophesy? Did we not cast out demons? Did we not do mighty works in your name?" These are those who broaden the narrow road that leads to life. Religion is building your own tower into heaven. They are not truly believers because they break the commandments of God. Do not be deceived! He that does not do what is righteous is not of God.
A Remnant of Israel Shall Return
20And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and they that are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again lean upon him that smote them, but shall lean upon Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
21A remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.
22For though thy people, Israel, be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them shall return: a destruction is determined, overflowing with righteousness.
23For a full end, and that determined, will the Lord, Jehovah of hosts, make in the midst of all the earth.
Isa 10



   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright ©1997-2012 TheologyOnLine



Logos Bible Study Software Up to 15% OFF FOR THEOLOGYONLINE MEMBERS! Study twice, post once.
Logos Bible Software —take your Bible study to the next level.