TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page Baker Faces Jail Time for Refusing to Bake Cake for Sodomite Wedding
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

(#1) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
Baker Faces Jail Time for Refusing to Bake Cake for Sodomite Wedding - July 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM

[Baker Faces Jail Time for Refusing to Bake Cake for Homosexual Wedding The Christian Institute] "A baker in Colorado is facing a possible jail sentence because he declined to make a cake for a gay wedding.

At the time of the incident last year, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation was a criminal offense in the state.

The lawyer for Christian baker Jack Phillips says, “The complainants can sue him civilly in the regular courts system or he can potentially be prosecuted by the district attorney for up to 12 months in jail.”

Phillips, one of the owners of Masterpiece Cakeshop, says providing a cake for Dave Mullins and Charlie Craig went against his Christian beliefs about marriage..." Full text: Baker Faces Jail Time for Refusing to Bake Cake for Homosexual Wedding

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27).

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

(#2) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
September 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM

Bakery Threatened For Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake Closes Its Doors

Related:

Photographer in New Mexico Coerced on Conscience Matters
Dispute over Sodomite Wedding Flowers Heads to Court

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Last edited by serpentdove; December 7th, 2013 at 09:08 AM..

(#3) Old
TOL Subscriber

Nazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peersNazaroo is well respected by his peers
September 4th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Why didn't he just bake the cake,
and insert aspartame?

Do they need to have someone hold their hand?

Behold, the whirlwind of the Lord
Goes forth with fury, A continuing whirlwind;
It will fall violently on the head of the wicked.
The fierce anger of the Lord will not return
until He has done it, And until He has performed
the intents of His heart.
In the final days you will consider it. - Jer. 30:23-24

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(#4) Old
BANNED

Christian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputationChristian Liberty has a large reputation
September 4th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaroo View Post
Why didn't he just bake the cake,
and insert aspartame?

Do they need to have someone hold their hand?
That would be fraud and would be rightfully illegal.

On the other hand, facing punishment for refusing to serve a person, ANY person, is SLAVERY.

I don't understand why this is so complicated.

(#5) Old
TOL Legend

December 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM

Judge Orders Colorado Cake Maker To Serve Sodomites

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27).

What's new?

(#6) Old
TOL Subscriber

Balerion the Black is making a name for themselvesBalerion the Black is making a name for themselvesBalerion the Black is making a name for themselvesBalerion the Black is making a name for themselvesBalerion the Black is making a name for themselvesBalerion the Black is making a name for themselvesBalerion the Black is making a name for themselves
December 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
Judge Orders Colorado Cake Maker To Serve Sodomites

None of which has any basis in American law.

Move along.

(#7) Old
Over 2000 post club

Jabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselves
December 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM

It's not just serving sodomites, it's producing a homosexual product/speech.

And, if this ever becomes "settled" in favor of homos, the war on freedom and morality will just move on to the next thing, such as normalizing man-boy relationships.

(#8) Old
~Peace if possible, but truth at any rate~

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
December 7th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerion the Black View Post
None of which has any basis in American law.

Move along.
Any business should be able to turn away anyone they choose - that is free enterprise, which has its basis in America for certain, it wont be long before the gays insist on christian pastors marrying them or resigning their positions.

Same thing, even though the gays claim that wont be the case, they cannot wait to get that foot in the door.

Why is it ok for the gays to discriminate against the bakers religious beliefs?

Double standard.

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Psalm 40:5
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#9) Old
TOL Subscriber

Truster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselvesTruster is making a name for themselves
December 7th, 2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
[Baker Faces Jail Time for Refusing to Bake Cake for Homosexual Wedding The Christian Institute] "A baker in Colorado is facing a possible jail sentence because he declined to make a cake for a gay wedding.

At the time of the incident last year, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation was a criminal offense in the state.

The lawyer for Christian baker Jack Phillips says, “The complainants can sue him civilly in the regular courts system or he can potentially be prosecuted by the district attorney for up to 12 months in jail.”

Phillips, one of the owners of Masterpiece Cakeshop, says providing a cake for Dave Mullins and Charlie Craig went against his Christian beliefs about marriage..." Full text: Baker Faces Jail Time for Refusing to Bake Cake for Homosexual Wedding

I'm refusing to bake them a cake as well!

Pass it on to the authorities.

''Elohim, kapur/ atone for me a sinner''.

''But his delight is in the torah of Yah Veh and in His torah doth he meditate day and night''.
.................................................. .........
But his delight is in his pets and in his pets doth he meditate, talk to and fuss over day and night.

(#10) Old
Journeyman

December 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
Any business should be able to turn away anyone they choose...
That means that a business could turn someone away because they were Christian. That doesn't seem right to me. Why would you support that?

Quote:
- that is free enterprise, which has its basis in America for certain
Were you off sick when they did political economy in school? Read about Adam Smith when you get the chance.

(#11) Old
Over 2000 post club

Jabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselvesJabin is making a name for themselves
December 7th, 2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Any business should be able to turn away anyone they choose - that is free enterprise, which has its basis in America for certain, it wont be long before the gays insist on christian pastors marrying them or resigning their positions.
For now, the government is pretty hands off on forcing pastors to do things.

Although...

Mass. was the first state to recognize same-sex marriage, which is really nothing but a cover for laws forcing people to support homosexual behavior. Some homosexuals wanted to be married on a church's property and the church said "no." The homosexuals sued and a judge ruled that the church does have to let the homosexuals be married on church property, because the church lets heterosexuals marry on the property. The church responded by not allowing any marriages on its property in question.

(#12) Old

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
December 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
That means that a business could turn someone away because they were Christian. That doesn't seem right to me. Why would you support that?
yes

Quote:
Were you off sick when they did political economy in school? Read about Adam Smith when you get the chance.

Do not need to. Politics and free enterprise arent the same things. In a free market society, people vote with their feet. If someone doesnt want my business thats fine with me, im not going to cry about it or try to force them to accomodate me - ill give my money to someone else.

Read the article, the lesbians were married in mass, they didnt need a cake in colorado, they are posturing, for their agenda. Tey are pathetic. Let them and others keep lying about fake attacks, fake non tips, and trampling on others rights.

He has a right to what he believes under the constitution- they are trying to violate HIS rights

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#13) Old
Journeyman

December 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
yes.
I didn't ask if you would support it. We already know that you would. I asked why would you support it.

May I suggest that you haven't really put a lot of thought into the implications of allowing people to discriminate as they see fit.

If you went into a restaurant with a friend who happened to be black it would mean that you would support their right to refuse her service.

Are you happy to do that or would you like to reconsider your position?

And capitalism isn't a political position? I think you need to read up on the subject.

(#14) Old

December 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I didn't ask if you would support it. We already know that you would. I asked why would you support it.

May I suggest that you haven't really put a lot of thought into the implications of allowing people to discriminate as they see fit.

If you went into a restaurant with a friend who happened to be black it would mean that you would support their right to refuse her service.

Are you happy to do that or would you like to reconsider your position?

yes and i would be equally supportive of a black restaurant refusing to serve me because i am white, and its because i am not a crybaby who demand that others cater to me me me, i realize they have their own rights and thoughts and beliefs.

I think any business that is not in business with government funds, should have the right to decide who and when to do business or not do business with anyone else, since its their business and they pay for it.

In the same way they dictate who they allow in their home. Its theirs, they paid for it.

If the public disagrees with their practice, they wont be in business long.

Stop being a crybaby thinking only your rights are important.

(#15) Old
Journeyman

December 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
yes and i would be equally supportive of a black restaurant refusing to serve me because i am white...
This is kind of weird. I'm talking to someone who admits to supporting racial discrimination.

How does one have a sensible conversation with someone who would have no problem with a restaurant that has a sign in the window that says 'No blacks allowed'.

Tags
another homosexual thread