TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page This scripture proves we must obey Jesus.
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
All I want is God's Truth

God's Truth will become famous soon enoughGod's Truth will become famous soon enough
This scripture proves we must obey Jesus. - August 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM

This scripture proves we must obey Jesus to be saved, and to stay saved.

We must obey Jesus' teachings...that is how we eat our food, it is by OBEYING. That is how we eat our food from heaven, the bread of life, the flesh of Jesus.

Read what Jesus' disciples said to him...

John 4:31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, "Rabbi, eat something."

32 But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."

33 Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?"

34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Did you read that? Jesus says his food is to DO the will of him who sent me and to FINISH HIS WORK.

Now, that proves we eat the flesh of Jesus when we do what Jesus says to do.

That is how we eat the bread from heaven, the bread of life.

We have to eat every day. We have to obey every day.

John 6:33; Matthew 4:4; John 6:51; John 6:53; John 8:51NET; Luke 11:3; John 6:58; John 6:27.

I have proven with scripture that many here teach a false gospel when they say faith alone, and that we do not have to obey.

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Do not just read the word do it.

(#2) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
August 15th, 2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post

We must obey Jesus' teachings...that is how we eat our food, it is by OBEYING. That is how we eat our food from heaven, the bread of life, the flesh of Jesus.

33 Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?"

34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Did you read that? Jesus says his food is to DO the will of him who sent me and to FINISH HIS WORK.

John 6:33; Matthew 4:4; John 6:51; John 6:53; John 8:51NET; Luke 11:3; John 6:58; John 6:27.

I have proven with scripture that many here teach a false gospel when they say faith alone, and that we do not have to obey.

No obedience--no faith.

LA

Many get called to be saved, then take upon themselves the demons of the fallen church before they give their life to God in return.

(#3) Old

God's Truth will become famous soon enoughGod's Truth will become famous soon enough
August 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
No obedience--no faith.

LA
That is right.

(#4) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

jamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peers
August 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Did you read that?
Wait, I didn't get a chance to read that. What did it say?

(#5) Old
Gold level Subscriber

glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
August 15th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Why do you add to the Gospel of Salvation?
John 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:39-40
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Those who preach any other Gospel...let him be accursed.
Gal. 1:8-9
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

(#6) Old

August 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Wait, I didn't get a chance to read that. What did it say?
I see you do not like God's Word.

You are more exited about your dog than you are about the God's truth revealed.

(#7) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

jamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peers
August 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
You are more exited about your dog...
I don't know what exited about my dog means. I put him out when he wants out.

(#8) Old
Gold level Subscriber

glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
August 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:

God's untruth has a very active imagination.

(#9) Old

August 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
Why do you add to the Gospel of Salvation?
I have proved with scripture how we are to eat the flesh of Jesus, the bread from heaven, the bread of life. We eat by obeying…just as Jesus’ food is to obey the Father, John 4:34. Those who obey Jesus’ commands will never die, see John 8:5 NET.

Quote:
John 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:39-40
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Those who preach any other Gospel...let him be accursed.
Gal. 1:8-9
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
All the scriptures that say believe…they do NOT nullify the scriptures that say obey. You are trying to nullify all God’s Word that tells us to obey.

(#10) Old

August 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I know, you do not know.

(#11) Old

August 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
God's untruth has a very active imagination.
Glorydaz,

Tell us, how do you eat the flesh of Jesus?

(#12) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

August 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I know, you do not know.
And I bring him in when he wants in. He thinks I'm god and I've not told him any different.

(#13) Old
Over 1000 post club

False Prophet will become famous soon enoughFalse Prophet will become famous soon enoughFalse Prophet will become famous soon enoughFalse Prophet will become famous soon enough
August 15th, 2013, 09:04 AM

The rich young ruler asked Jesus what must I do to inherit eternal life? Jesus told him to keep the commandments. The rich young ruler said that he had kept all those, but Jesus told him to give up all his belongings and follow him. He who says I know him but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved. 21But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.
John 3

(#14) Old

August 15th, 2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
The rich young ruler asked Jesus what must I do to inherit eternal life? Jesus told him to keep the commandments. The rich young ruler said that he had kept all those, but Jesus told him to give up all his belongings and follow him.
Jesus who knows everyone’s heart knew that the rich man loved his riches more than he loved God. Even if we are not rich, we must know in our hearts that Jesus is more important than anything and anyone.

Quote:

He who says I know him but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
That’s right…that is how we come to know God, it is by obeying.

Quote:

And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved. 21But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.
John 3
Jesus saves those how doeth truth, see John 3:21. Jesus saves those who fear God and do what is right, see Acts 10:35.

Thanks for the scriptures.

(#15) Old
Gold level Subscriber

August 15th, 2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I have proved with scripture how we are to eat the flesh of Jesus, the bread from heaven, the bread of life. We eat by obeying…just as Jesus’ food is to obey the Father, John 4:34. Those who obey Jesus’ commands will never die, see John 8:5 NET.

All the scriptures that say believe…they do NOT nullify the scriptures that say obey. You are trying to nullify all God’s Word that tells us to obey.
They "exclude" your boasting...yet you continue to claim your obedience saves and keeps you. So, yes, they do nullify your obedience. By the obedience of ONE many are made righteous. You aren't that ONE. You, and others like you, are the very reason God made salvation a GIFT....so that NONE can boast. Yet, here you go, once again claiming you were on that cross right alone with Jesus, and have earned your right to Salvation. We BELIEVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS, but YOU don't believe our REPORT. You are preaching satan's greatest lie and you don't even know it.

Romans 3:26-28
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Tags
canine passages