İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
İ'm bored. Fire me on some questions and İ'll be glad to answer! :)

Yeah it should have been an "an".

Last edited:

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Is Mohammed's having intercourse with nine year old Aisha morally defensible? And how?

Hello and Salam!

The age may not be accurate and there is scholarly dispute over it but even so Aisha was a woman grown and flowered when the marriage was consummated. She went on to become the greatest female scholar in all Islam.

It is God who is on the Throne so let Him judge. You might also be interested in the marriage of Isaac and Rebecca.

And one more thing. Jesus never started any conversation on a negative tone.

6days

Why do Muslims claim the the Injil, Torah and Psalms have been corrupted when the Qu'ran seems to say the opposite?
The Qu'ran says the people of the book have been corrupted, but Allah won't allow his words to be corrupted.
And... Welcome here to ToL. Happy to see a Muslim posting here!!

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Why do Muslims claim the the Injil, Torah and Psalms have been corrupted when the Qu'ran seems to say the opposite?
The Qu'ran says the people of the book have been corrupted, but Allah won't allow his words to be corrupted.
And... Welcome here to ToL. Happy to see a Muslim posting here!!

When Allah says that His words would never be corrupted and that He himself would protect them, He was specifically talking about the Quran and not the previous scriptures.

Anyways we believe that the Torah and the Gospel of today and of Muhammad's time does contain God's words but they are not completely God's words. The Bible does contain the word of God but it also contain the word of eye-witnesses and commentary and interpretation (and some other weird stuff). In Islam we have the Word of God (the Koran) separate from the word of eye-witnesses (ahadith) which is in turn separate from commentary and interpretation (tafsir).

Surah 2:79

Therefore woe be unto those who write the Book with their hands and then say, "This is from Allah," that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby.

Well there are many ahadith which confirms this view. Here is one. Ibn Abbaas is an early Islamic Scholar whom the Prophet himself blessed

Saheeh Bukhari

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 613:

Narrated 'Ikrima:

Ibn 'Abbaas said, "How can you ask the people of the Scriptures about their Books while you have Allah's Book (the Qur'an) which is the most recent of the Books revealed by Allah, and you read it in its pure undistorted form?"

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 614:

Narrated 'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah:

'Abdullah bin 'Abbaas said, "O the group of Muslims! How can you ask the people of the Scriptures about anything while your Book which Allah has revealed to your Prophet contains the most recent news from Allah and is pure and not distorted? Allah has told you that the people of the Scriptures have changed some of Allah's Books and distorted it and wrote something with their own hands and said, 'This is from Allah, so as to have a minor gain for it. Won't the knowledge that has come to you stop you from asking them? No, by Allah, we have never seen a man from them asking you about that (the Book Al-Qur'an ) which has been revealed to you.

Huckleberry

Hello and Salam!

The age may not be accurate and there is scholarly dispute over it...
Not really. Aisha herself said she was nine years old.
...but even so Aisha was a woman grown...
Not according to her. And you say scholars dispute that. And you here assume she was grown. Which is it?
...and flowered when the marriage was consummated.
What exactly does that mean? Bearing in mind that she herself claimed she was nine years old when they consummated their marriage.
She went on to become the greatest female scholar in all Islam.
Irrelevant. Except that this "greatest scholar in all Islam" said she was nine years old when Mohammed consummated their marriage.
It is God who is on the Throne so let Him judge.
Meaning...what? Muhammed's morality and thus the credibility of Islam can't be questioned?
You might also be interested in the marriage of Isaac and Rebecca.
By all means, enlighten us.
And one more thing. Jesus never started any conversation on a negative tone.
Well, at least you admit the idea of Mohammed having sex with a nine year old, married or not, is a negative.

By the way, if Islam is false then exposing that or even merely questioning, is hardly a negative. As I do think it false, I certainly see it as a positive. Thankfully, you're able here to defend your faith, right? ;)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
İ'm bored. Fire me on some questions and İ'll be glad to answer! :)

Yeah it should have be an "an".

My daughter is friends with a Muslim in law school, and they frequently go out and drink alcoholic beverages.

Are Muslims allowed to drink alcoholic beverages?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
By the way, if Islam is false then exposing that or even merely questioning, is hardly a negative. As I do think it false, I certainly see it as a positive. Thankfully, you're able here to defend your faith, right? ;)

To learn and to defend.

Not according to her. And you say scholars dispute that. And you here assume she was grown. Which is it?

What exactly does that mean?

Under the law of God it is perfectly acceptable to marry your daughter after she reaches puberty and to consummate the marriage then. The fact that she was sexually matured is undisputed.

By all means, enlighten us.

Marriage and motherhood

There are two opinions in the Midrash as to how old Rebecca was at the time of her marriage. According to the traditional counting cited by Rashi, Isaac was 37 years old at the time of the Binding of Isaac; Sarah, who gave birth to Isaac when she was 90, died immediately after the binding when she was 127 years old, making Isaac around 37 at that time. News of Rebecca's birth reached Abraham immediately after that event. Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebecca,[7] making Rebecca 3 years old at the time of her marriage.[8] According to the second opinion, Rebecca was 14 years old at the time of their marriage.[9] 20 years elapsed before they had children. Throughout that time, both Isaac and Rebecca prayed fervently to God for offspring. God eventually answered Isaac's prayers and Rebecca conceived.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca

Yes, I do believe that the Quran is the uncreated Speech of God.

I was raised Muslim but I've learnt to think for myself! :jump:

I wasn't judging about being raised Muslim and have no problem with people raised in one religion or another. Many never examine one thing about it or any of their belief systems but I wasn't implying you were one.

It's my belief (theory) that the vast majority of "religious" people don't truly believe what they claim to believe. I used to be one in fact (long story). Catholics are the worst. They claim to be Christians but deny 1,000 things the Bible says and believe instead that the Pope is "infallible." I always ask people who don't believe the Bible, "Well, what book do you believe in?" Is not the Christian religion based on the Bible? If you feel free to pick and chose what you believe why would you consider yourself a Christian? [Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths"]

When I was saved I IMMEDIATELY knew in my heart of hearts that the Bible was completely true. It could be called a "gift" but it's also possible that everybody already knows that in their hearts. I find that other than Christians that are born again only Muslims truly believe in their book and truly try to follow it without adding or subtracting from it.

To me, this is fascinating and the only answer I can give for it is that Muslims can trace their roots back to Abraham and prophesies from the One True and All Powerful God.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
My daughter is friends with a Muslim in law school, and they frequently go out and drink alcoholic beverages.

Are Muslims allowed to drink alcoholic beverages?

It is highly discouraged. In fact it is Haram - prohibited under God's law.

O You who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Avoid (such abominations) that you may prosper. (5:90)

Satan’s plan is to sow hatred and enmity amongst you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hamper you from the remembrance of God and from prayer. Will you not give up? (5:91)

They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." Thus Allah makes clear to you the verses [of revelation] that you might give thought. (2:219)

There are some ahadith too pointing to that fact:

Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) said; "Whatever intoxicates in a greater quantity is also unlawful in its smaller quantity." (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood and Ibn Majah)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "An adulterer, at the time he is committing illegal sexual intercourse is not a believer; and a person, at the time of drinking an alcoholic drink is not a believer; and a thief, at the time of stealing, is not a believer." Ibn Shihab said: 'Abdul Malik bin Abi Bakr bin 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al- Harith bin Hisham told me that Abu Bakr used to narrate that narration to him on the authority of Abu Huraira. He used to add that Abu Bakr used to mention, besides the above cases, "And he who robs (takes illegally something by force) while the people are looking at him, is not a believer at the time he is robbing (taking)

But inspite of this alcohol was allowed to the People of the Scripture (Christians and Jews). At the time of the Prophet Allah send down a revelation calling for its ban. (Perhaps He knew that for the latter day people alcohol would be a serious issue)

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 489:
Narrated Anas:

While I was waiting on my uncles and serving them with (wine prepared from) dates----and I was the youngest of them----it was said, "Alcoholic drinks have been prohibited." So they said (to me), "Throw it away." So I threw it away.

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 488:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

I was serving Abu 'Ubaida, Abu Talha and Ubai bin Ka'b with a drink prepared from ripe and unripe dates. Then somebody came to them and said, "Alcoholic drinks have been prohibited." (On hearing that) Abu Talha said, "Get up. O Anas, and pour (throw) it out! So I poured (threw) it out.

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 483:
Narrated Anas:

I heard from Allah's Apostle a narration which none other than I will narrate to you. The Prophet, said, "From among the portents of the Hour are the following: General ignorance (in religious affairs) will prevail, (religious) knowledge will decrease, illegal sexual intercourse will prevail, alcoholic drinks will be drunk (in abundance), men will decrease and women will increase so much so that for every fifty women there will be one man to look after them."

WizardofOz

Welcome, repentance. In my opinion, we need more Muslims posting here just for diversity's sake. You will be poked at so be patient and don't flame out too soon.

:e4e:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hamas%20ceremony.jpg

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
So then you don't judge? We shall see. And by the way, you just judged in your statement.

He is going to tell you depart from me, I never knew you. That is pretty negative. By the way, he is telling you go to hell.

Matthew 7:21-23New King James Version (NKJV)

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Do Muslims call Jesus "Lord,Lord"? Do we prophesize in his name?

No! We are Muslims? And what do the word "Muslim" mean? It means we submit our wills to God.

Jesus, I love you

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Is rioting over a cartoon an acceptable response and one you agree with?

Absolutely not. It does no good and is counterproductive.

The thing with Muslims is that we are inexperienced in handling "abuses". Christianity went to a whole complete phase where it was attacked left, right and center. Islam never went through that sort of thing. We are only now in our Dark Age.