ECT 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

We are not saved by the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry; we are saved by trusting that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised again, for our justification,1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV/Romans 4:25 KJV. Paul, our apostle, tells us, in no uncertain terms, that we are not to know our Saviour any longer, in this dispensation, in His earthly ministry. We can learn, per Romans 15:4 KJV, from the "4 gospels"....

-Matthew:the Lord Jesus Christ presented as King,

-Mark:the Lord Jesus Christ presented as Servant(Notice no geneology given in Mark. Why not? This is not relevant for servants),

-Luke: the Lord Jesus Christ presented as man,

-John:the Lord Jesus Christ presented as God....

..as they have many beautiful "intra-dispensational" spiritual applications/truths. However, the body of Christ's doctrine in this age is contained in Romans-Philemon. Remove Romans-Philemon and you have no Christianity-you have Jews under the law.

Contrary to what "Joe Blow pastor/teacher/theologian with 15 titles before and after his/her name" has "spoon-fed" most(children need spoon-feeding, as opposed to adults-"milk" vs. "meat"-2 Corinthians 3:2 KJV) to accept, much of Matthew-John is "Old Testament"(survey Hebrews 9:16-17 KJV) "law-ground", with the Jews living under the law, not Christians under grace, who have been freed from the burdensome demands of the law, per Romans 6:14-15 KJV. As an aside, did you know that the era we commonly refer to as "The Old Testament", "The Old Covenant", did not begin at Genesis 1:1 KJV, but at Exodus 20:4 KJV?(per Hebrews 9:22 KJV)

The "gospels" were not written to teach Christianity, but to reveal the Lord Jesus Christ in the different aspects of His person and work as Israel's Messiah/Christ, God the Father's servant, the Son of Man, and the only begotten Son of God, no book being complete in itself. We must not "down play" the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry-"God forbid"(Romans 3:4 KJV, and others). However, the foundation of our faith rests upon our risen, ascended, glorified, seated, and coming for "the second time"(Acts 7:13 KJV, Hebrews 9:28 KJV) Lord Jesus Christ.

We are not now, in this dispensation, to know our great Saviour as "Jesus,a very "common" name during His times, his name of humiliation. Nea, we are to recognize him, know Him, love Him, and worship Him as the risen, ascended, glorified, and currently seated Lord Jesus Christ, and not as some "sweet little baby lying in the manger", who is no threat there, nor as merely a wise, itinerant teacher/preacher traveling in Israel, the "lowly Galilean fisherman,"who is no threat there either. This is the point Paul was driving home in Philippians 2:5-11 KJV, i.e., one day soon, this same "Jesus", the one who suffered for us all, and endured the humiliation of a servant when he humbled himself in His earthly ministry and in the death of the cross, the one who was "...despised and rejected of men...."(Isaiah 53:3 KJV), the one who was thought to be "out of his mind," "nuts," by even his friends, per Mark 3:21 KJV, will be acknowledged(whether willingly, or by force, I know not), not in this former state/reputation/office as just the rejected and non-threatening "Jesus", but as the risen, ascended, glorified, and presently seated LORD JESUS CHRIST(until he stands up in the third heaven, ready for judgment).

We need to ask each and every believer:Are you "following Jesus", or are you a believer in and on the Lord Jesus Christ, our living "...Lord from heaven..."(1 Corinthians 15:47 KJV), who "...died for our sins according to the scriptures.... was buried.....and.... rose again the third day according to the scriptures..."(1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV), and who now reigns in glory in the third heaven, and is coming again in glory?

We are to worship Him as Colossians 1:16 KJV, acknowledge Him as Colossians 1:18 KJV("the head of the body"), praise Him for Colossians 2:10 KJV, and pray to Him as Colossians 2:19 KJV.

We are not to "imitate" "Jesus", nor are we to "follow" "Jesus"-we are to consider ourselves IDENTIFIED with the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ, including being identified(spiritually"baptized") into His death, burial, and resurrection.

"Following Jesus"in His earthly miistry would be putting yourself under the law-Galatians 4:4 KJV.

Try this one "on for size":

Why does anyone "speak in tongues", if they are "following Jesus"? SILENCE.

I find it quite telling that many believers, those who were bought with a tremendous price(1 Corinthians 6:20 KJV, 1 Corinthians 7:23 KJV), refer to each other as saints, and rightly so, but only because what was done by this "... the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ..."(Titus 2:13 KJV), this "...man of war..."(Exodus 15:3 KJV). And yet, we do not accord this same honour to our "wonderful"(Isaiah 9:6 KJV) Saviour of ours, the only Saviour, who accomplished this miracle on our behalf, who made each one of us a "new creature in Christ Jesus"(2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV, Galatians 6:15 KJV). Even those who followed "Jesus" in His earthly ministry, those who were "followers of Jesus", never called Him "Jesus", never exhibited such disrespect as to call Him by such a familiar name ("check it out" per Acts 17:11 KJV-"Master", yes; "Jesus", no). They honoured His person and His office. Only his enemies referred to Him as "Jesus." This is a great object lesson the LORD God would have each of us to realize, and the apostle Paul, "...the apostle of the Gentiles..."(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus our/your apostle, not Peter, "raises the bar" with the revelation of the mystery.

How much more so those such as us, given our former miserable condition, given what we once were, "...-without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world..."(Ephesians 2:12 KJV), as compared to what we have "in Christ" as a present possession, as revealed to Paul by this same risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ from heaven!

No, I no longer, as a new creature in Christ Jesus, know "Jesus". I know, acknowledge, love, serve, thank, and worship not a crucified man still hanging on the cross as a victim(being a former Roman Catholic), but a victorious "...the God of the living..."(Mark 12:27 KJV)-a living, resurrected, ascended, and glorified LORD JESUS CHRIST! I pray each one of us will now shout the following within our hearts, and give Him His due honour, as it is written:

"Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious." Psalms 66:2 KJV

For, eventually:

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11 KJV

Jerry Shugart

much of Matthew-John is "Old Testament"(survey Hebrews 9:16-17 KJV) "law-ground", with the Jews living under the law, not Christians under grace, who have been freed from the burdensome demands of the law, per Romans 6:14-15 KJV.

Here is what the Apostle Paul said about those living under the law:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

If you were born again you would know that " works" and "grace" are mutually exclusive and therefore you would also know that "works" were not required for salvation for those who lived under the law. That is why you run and hide from the following words of the Savior Himself which were spoken to those who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

Yes, the gospel of John presents the Lord Jesus as God. But you refuse to believe Him despite the fact that only those who "believe God" are justified in his eyes:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (Ro.4:3).​

Your faith is based on what some people told you the Scriptures say. And every single time that there is a conflict between what people tell you and what God Himself says you cling to the teaching of people.

So sad!

Last edited:

oatmeal

We do indeed learn of the the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ in fulfilling the law and his calling in the gospels.

Presently Jesus Christ serves as the head of the body of Christ and is not readily available to seen as men did during his earthly ministry

He is carrying out a far different function than his earthly ministry.

He was not seated at the right hand of God in the gospels, but now he is.

So, what is my point?

That your post contains good insight in this matter.

john w

Hall of Fame
But you refuse to believe Him despite the fact that only those who "believe God" are justified in his eyes:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (Ro.4:3).​

Your faith is based on what some people told you the Scriptures say. And every single time that there is a conflict between what people tell you and what God Himself says you cling to the teaching of people.

So sad!

A Catholic, whose final authority, is not the bible, but what his Roman Catholic Organization tells him, including "works based 'salvation,'" and an admitted bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer, whose final authority is also himself, asserting, "sad?"

Good one, child of the devil.

Get saved.
Your faith is based on what some people told you the Scriptures say.

Jer, the comedian...

Woolford says...Pentecost says...Darby says...JC O'Hair says....Pope Benny says....Stam says...Paul Saddler says...Clarence Larkin says...Schofield says..Ryrie says...Chafer says...Bock says....The Greek experts say...

And TOL laughs at Jer...Here is his pic, on Catholicanswers.com:

1f74ff7593cebd8bdddef456409d8db6.jpg

Jerry Shugart

A Catholic, whose final authority, is not the bible, but what his Roman Catholic Organization tells him, including "works based 'salvation,'" and an admitted bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer, whose final authority is also himself, asserting, "sad?"

The Catholics deny the Lord Jesus' words in the following verse and you do also:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Birds of a feather...

john w

Hall of Fame
The Catholics deny the Lord Jesus' words in the following verse and you do also:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Birds of a feather...

Catholics, like you, deny the authority of the bible.You're an admitted Catholic, fruit inspector, who asserts that one's "behavior" will tell if one is saved, as you compare others' behavior, to yours, and think, "Well, I am a rat, but my behavior is not as bad as my fellow rats, as all those other Neo MAD rats, are not as clean, as me, so I must be saved," and whose final authority, is what your RCO, and your mind, tells you, as you are a bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer, which you have admitted.

And the TOL consensus, from members of the boc, is that you are habitual liar, a divider, and an accuser of the brethren, which explains why you've been banned, from over 10 Christian sites, poser Jer.

Get saved.

Jerry Shugart

The "gospels" were not written to teach Christianity, but to reveal the Lord Jesus Christ in the different aspects of His person and work as Israel's Messiah/Christ, God the Father's servant, the Son of Man, and the only begotten Son of God, no book being complete in itself.

So the following words found in gospel of John do not teach Christianity?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

According to you the fact that God "gave His only begotten Son" has nothing to do with the gospel Paul preached here:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(1 Cor.15:1-4).​

john w

Hall of Fame
So the following words found in gospel of John do not teach Christianity?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

According to you the fact that God "gave His only begotten Son" has nothing to do with the gospel Paul preached here:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(1 Cor.15:1-4).​
You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true, as you are a wicked bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer-you've admitted it. We know-so, why are you upset, poser?

Jerry Shugart

You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true...

Show us that you actually believe the Bible by telling us how the Jews who lived under the law were saved with the following verse in view:

Now it is time for you to run and hide again so that you won't be exposed as the real Bible denier.

john w

Hall of Fame
Show us that you actually believe the Bible by telling us how the Jews who lived under the law were saved with the following verse in view:

Now it is time for you to run and hide again so that you won't be exposed as the real Bible denier.

And the clown does not even realize, that TOL laughs at him, as he spams his oh so original, and cute little "run and hide" cliche, he thinks makes him look like the champ, on every thread.

Teach us, fruit inspector Roman....Please?

I corrected it for you, as you taught all of us, on TOL, how to correct, such as the bible, and everyone on TOL, since, of course, closet Catholic Jer is always right:

"Show us that you actually believe the Bible by telling us that you agree with my, Jer's, interpretation."

You taught us that-we learned that from you, pope/papa Jer.

No charge, Jer.

Slower:You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true, as you are a wicked bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer-you've admitted it. We know-so, why are you upset, poser? I do not engage those, such as yourself,whose final authority is your Roman Catholic Organization, along with your own mind. I only engage bible believers, whose final authority is the volume of the book.

Can you dig it, divider of the brethren, admitted bible corrector/agnostic/mystic?

Good. Sit.

Jerry Shugart

And the clown does not even realize, that TOL laughs at him, as he spams his oh so original, and cute little "run and hide" cliche, he thinks makes him look like the champ, on every thread.

Everyone reading this thread can see you continue to run and hide from the following verse:

Since you are unable to carry on an intelligent discussion about the meaning of these words you attack me personally in the hope that no one will notice that you do run and hide from this verse.

Run, johnny boy, run as fast as you can and look for the best place to hide! But the words at John 3:16 are not going to go away!

john w

Hall of Fame
Everyone reading this thread can see you continue to run and hide from the following verse:

Slower:You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true, as you are a wicked bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer-you've admitted it. We know-so, why are you upset, poser? I do not engage those, such as yourself,whose final authority is your Roman Catholic Organization, along with your own mind. I only engage bible believers, whose final authority is the volume of the book.

Can you dig it, divider of the brethren, admitted bible corrector/agnostic/mystic?

And the clown still does not even realize, that TOL laughs at him, as he spams his oh so original, and cute little "run and hide" cliche, he thinks makes him look like the champ, on every thread.

Since you are unable to carry on an intelligent discussion about the meaning of these words you attack me personally in the hope that no one will notice that you do run and hide from this verse.

Run, johnny boy, run as fast as you can and look for the best place to hide! But the words at John 3:16 are not going to go away!

=word-for=word spam, that he posts on every thread. And that "johnny boy" cliche is very impressive, old man, that you, being a closet Catolic, like to employ as your "Hail Mary," showing how much of a tough guy you are, Jer. Weighty. TOL trembles when Jer acts tough, as his testosterone pills ran out.

And, as part of Jer's "trifecta," it was inevitable that he'd spam his "wounded soul...I am a victim...quit attacking me!!!!" ploy, gimmick. You bore us, old man. Go back to the other sites, that you frequent, to prop up your sagging confidence, as most ignore you. Wait....You've been banned from over 10 sites....Right, Jer? Right....

Jerry Shugart

much of Matthew-John is "Old Testament"(survey Hebrews 9:16-17 KJV) "law-ground", with the Jews living under the law, not Christians under grace, who have been freed from the burdensome demands of the law, per Romans 6:14-15 KJV.

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

If you were born again you would know that " works" and "grace" are mutually exclusive and therefore you would also know that "works" were not required for salvation for those who lived under the law. That is why you run and hide from the following words of the Savior Himself which were spoken to those who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

john w

Hall of Fame

The satanic shill, again makes accusations againstme, as he does against every TOL member,that disagrees with him, and, in hypocrisy, accuses others of asserting things about him, that are not true.

Stuff your hypocrisy, poser, as that is one of your demonic "ministries" on TOL-accuse me, JR, GD, RD, musterion..................................of things, that are not true, habitual liar, actress.
I am not a Catholic because they deny, just like you, what is said in the following verse:................

You flaming white wall, crying about accusations, out of one side of your mouth, and, out of the other, accuse me, and other TOL members, of (fill in the blank). Which side of that "tough guy" face should we slap?

Get off this site, accuser of the brethren, divider, as we smell your sulfur.
You refuse to engage in an intelligent discussion about the meaning of John 3:16 and instead you say things about me that you know are not true.

=word-for-word spam, copy'npaste, he sends to everyone who disagrees with his bible correcting "doctrine."

You spam accusations against every member of TOL, so stuff your hypocrisy, and your habitual lying, liar, divider of the brethren.

Jerry Shugart

Since you think that "works" and " grace" are compatible then it is impossible that you have believed the " gospel of grace" by which people are saved.

I say that " works" and "grace" are mutually exclusive but you continue to share the views of the church at Rome.

musterion

Excellent post, Brother John.

What you pointed out that I never saw before is that the subjects of even human kings almost never refer to royalty only by their given names -- when done formally and correctly (which is usually) it's always somehow in the context of the royal title. Same with lords and other elites. At minimum, it's a sign of respect and of knowing one's place (I'm not advocating for such human systems, just describing them as they are).

And yet the Lord Christ is referred to merely as Jesus most everywhere today...in books, in "praise and worship" songs, in prayers...there's a reason for that but most don't know what it is.

Jerry Shugart

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

We are not saved by the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry; we are saved by trusting that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised again, for our justification,1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV/Romans 4:25 KJV. Paul, our apostle, tells us, in no uncertain terms, that we are not to know our Saviour any longer, in this dispensation, in His earthly ministry. We can learn, per Romans 15:4 KJV, from the "4 gospels"....

-Matthew:the Lord Jesus Christ presented as King,

-Mark:the Lord Jesus Christ presented as Servant(Notice no geneology given in Mark. Why not? This is not relevant for servants),

-Luke: the Lord Jesus Christ presented as man,

..as they have many beautiful "intra-dispensational" spiritual applications/truths. However, the body of Christ's doctrine in this age is contained in Romans-Philemon. Remove Romans-Philemon and you have no Christianity-you have Jews under the law.

Contrary to what "Joe Blow pastor/teacher/theologian with 15 titles before and after his/her name" has "spoon-fed" most(children need spoon-feeding, as opposed to adults-"milk" vs. "meat"-2 Corinthians 3:2 KJV) to accept, much of Matthew-John is "Old Testament"(survey Hebrews 9:16-17 KJV) "law-ground", with the Jews living under the law, not Christians under grace, who have been freed from the burdensome demands of the law, per Romans 6:14-15 KJV. As an aside, did you know that the era we commonly refer to as "The Old Testament", "The Old Covenant", did not begin at Genesis 1:1 KJV, but at Exodus 20:4 KJV?(per Hebrews 9:22 KJV)

The "gospels" were not written to teach Christianity, but to reveal the Lord Jesus Christ in the different aspects of His person and work as Israel's Messiah/Christ, God the Father's servant, the Son of Man, and the only begotten Son of God, no book being complete in itself. We must not "down play" the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry-"God forbid"(Romans 3:4 KJV, and others). However, the foundation of our faith rests upon our risen, ascended, glorified, seated, and coming for "the second time"(Acts 7:13 KJV, Hebrews 9:28 KJV) Lord Jesus Christ.

We are not now, in this dispensation, to know our great Saviour as "Jesus,a very "common" name during His times, his name of humiliation. Nea, we are to recognize him, know Him, love Him, and worship Him as the risen, ascended, glorified, and currently seated Lord Jesus Christ, and not as some "sweet little baby lying in the manger", who is no threat there, nor as merely a wise, itinerant teacher/preacher traveling in Israel, the "lowly Galilean fisherman,"who is no threat there either. This is the point Paul was driving home in Philippians 2:5-11 KJV, i.e., one day soon, this same "Jesus", the one who suffered for us all, and endured the humiliation of a servant when he humbled himself in His earthly ministry and in the death of the cross, the one who was "...despised and rejected of men...."(Isaiah 53:3 KJV), the one who was thought to be "out of his mind," "nuts," by even his friends, per Mark 3:21 KJV, will be acknowledged(whether willingly, or by force, I know not), not in this former state/reputation/office as just the rejected and non-threatening "Jesus", but as the risen, ascended, glorified, and presently seated LORD JESUS CHRIST(until he stands up in the third heaven, ready for judgment).

We need to ask each and every believer:Are you "following Jesus", or are you a believer in and on the Lord Jesus Christ, our living "...Lord from heaven..."(1 Corinthians 15:47 KJV), who "...died for our sins according to the scriptures.... was buried.....and.... rose again the third day according to the scriptures..."(1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV), and who now reigns in glory in the third heaven, and is coming again in glory?

We are to worship Him as Colossians 1:16 KJV, acknowledge Him as Colossians 1:18 KJV("the head of the body"), praise Him for Colossians 2:10 KJV, and pray to Him as Colossians 2:19 KJV.

We are not to "imitate" "Jesus", nor are we to "follow" "Jesus"-we are to consider ourselves IDENTIFIED with the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ, including being identified(spiritually"baptized") into His death, burial, and resurrection.

"Following Jesus"in His earthly miistry would be putting yourself under the law-Galatians 4:4 KJV.

Try this one "on for size":

Why does anyone "speak in tongues", if they are "following Jesus"? SILENCE.

I find it quite telling that many believers, those who were bought with a tremendous price(1 Corinthians 6:20 KJV, 1 Corinthians 7:23 KJV), refer to each other as saints, and rightly so, but only because what was done by this "... the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ..."(Titus 2:13 KJV), this "...man of war..."(Exodus 15:3 KJV). And yet, we do not accord this same honour to our "wonderful"(Isaiah 9:6 KJV) Saviour of ours, the only Saviour, who accomplished this miracle on our behalf, who made each one of us a "new creature in Christ Jesus"(2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV, Galatians 6:15 KJV). Even those who followed "Jesus" in His earthly ministry, those who were "followers of Jesus", never called Him "Jesus", never exhibited such disrespect as to call Him by such a familiar name ("check it out" per Acts 17:11 KJV-"Master", yes; "Jesus", no). They honoured His person and His office. Only his enemies referred to Him as "Jesus." This is a great object lesson the LORD God would have each of us to realize, and the apostle Paul, "...the apostle of the Gentiles..."(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus our/your apostle, not Peter, "raises the bar" with the revelation of the mystery.

How much more so those such as us, given our former miserable condition, given what we once were, "...-without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world..."(Ephesians 2:12 KJV), as compared to what we have "in Christ" as a present possession, as revealed to Paul by this same risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ from heaven!

No, I no longer, as a new creature in Christ Jesus, know "Jesus". I know, acknowledge, love, serve, thank, and worship not a crucified man still hanging on the cross as a victim(being a former Roman Catholic), but a victorious "...the God of the living..."(Mark 12:27 KJV)-a living, resurrected, ascended, and glorified LORD JESUS CHRIST! I pray each one of us will now shout the following within our hearts, and give Him His due honour, as it is written:

"Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious." Psalms 66:2 KJV

For, eventually:

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11 KJV

Excellent post!

It made my day to read it. Well done.

Jerry Shugart

The words there which you quoted can be understood better when we look at the verse which follows:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Cor.5:17).​

Here the words " in Christ" are referring to the Body of Christ, and being in Christ is in regard to the believer's "Oneness" with the Lord Jesus because believers in the Body are made "alive TOGETHER with Christ":

"Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ. Our life which is in Christ is the same thing spoken of in the following passage:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

That is exactly what the Apostle John told the Jewish believers in his first epistle:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

Now let us look again at the first two verses which I quoted:

"Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

Being in the Body of Christ is in regard to an absolute "oneness" with Him to such an extent that the "position" of those in the Body is being raised up with Him and sitting in heavenly places. Only those in the Body of Christ share that "oneness" in regard to being raised to heavenly places.

The author of the book of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers the following:

"Ye are come unto Mount Sion and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the congregation of the called out ones of the firstborn, who are registered in the heavens and to God the Judge of all and to the spirits of just men made perfect and to Jesus, the mediator of the new testament and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better than that of Abel" (Heb.12:22-24).​

That explains why the author of the book of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they are partakers of a "heavenly calling":

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" (Heb.3:1).​

Those who received the Hebrew epistles are members of the Body of Christ.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Excellent post!

It made my day to read it. Well done.

Thanks, Clete. That just goes to show, that the LORD God can even use, employ, like he did Balaam's a_ _,anyone/thing, even an alleged mean spirited, belligerent, "hate filled," "un-cultured," rabble rouser like me, and Barney fife, for His glory, to suit His purpose, and get "alot" of mileage out of this dumb, wacko MAD hillbilly(survey Acts 4:13 KJV), such as myself.