2008 Truthsmack Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Sorry for the delay in creating this thread.

I Divisions and Schedule

A. Welcome to the 2008 Season of the TruthSmack Fantasy Football League.

The League will consist of three divisions of four teams. League primary website will be found at myfantasyleague.com. The 2008 URL ishttp://football26.myfantasyleague.com/2008/commissioner_setup?L=72425. All league reports can be found there.

Starting in the 2005 season, teams will be placed in divisions according to their order of finish the prior season…1st, 4th, 7th and 10th overall teams are in the TOL Division, 2nd, 5th, 8th and 11th are in the TruthSmack, and 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th are in the Art of Smack. It is mandated that the TFFL schedule is posted (with numbers representing each team before actual slots are assigned) before rosters are completed.

B. The regular season will schedule will have 14 weeks. The trading deadline will be kickoff of the week 11 games.

C. Playoffs will begin on WEEK 15. The three division winners gain the top three seeds in the playoffs. The three wild card slots will be awarded to the three teams with the best records regardless of division. In the event of a tie of records, THE ACTUAL NFL TIEBREAKER SYSTEM will be used to determine playoff teams and to break ties in the standings:
To Break a Tie Within a Division, Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost percentage in games between the clubs)
2. Best won-lost percentage in games played within the division
3. Best won-lost percentage in common games
4. Best net points in division games
5. Best net points in all games
6. Coin toss
To Break a Tie Within a Division, Three or More Clubs
1. Head-to head
2. Best won-lost percentage in games played within the division
3. Best won-lost percentage in common games
4. Best net points in division games
5. Best net points in all games
6. Coin toss

To Break a Tie For The Wild Card Team
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply the division tiebreaker
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps:

To Break a Tie For Two Wild Card Teams From Different Divisions
1. Head-to-head record
2. Best won-lost percentage in common games, minimum of four
3. Best net points in all games
4. Coin toss

To Break a Wild-Card Tie With Three or More Clubs
1. Apply division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to Step 2.
2. Head-to-head sweep, applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.
3. Best won-loss percentage in common games, minimum of four
4. Best net points in all games
5. Coin toss

D. Playoff teams will be matched up like this:

WEEK 14

TRUTHSMACK BOWL BRACKET

· #3 SEED (LOWEST DIVISION WINNER) HOSTS THE #6 SEED (LOWEST WILDCARD)
· #4 SEED (WILDCARD) HOSTS THE #5 SEED (WILDCARD)
· #1 and #2 SEEDS RECEIVE A BYE

WEEK 15

TRUTHSMACK BOWL BRACKET
· #1 SEED HOSTS THE LOWEST REMAINING SEED
· #2 SEED HOSTS THE HIGHEST REMAINING SEED WINNER FROM WEEK 14

WEEK 16

THE TRUTHSMACK BOWL!!

NOTES:

1) Lineups must be submitted for every week of the playoffs. Carry-over lineups from the previous week(s) are not valid.

2) During the playoffs, teams will be allowed to submit a list of backups (one per position) that will be used if a starter does not play or is injured in the first half of his game and doesn't return. Proof of this must be obtained from NFL.com via the play by play account of the game or be picked up by an agreed upon news source.

II. Rosters

A. Construction
- Rosters will consist of 22 active players, and 3 IR spots. Teams must have a minimum of 9 active players at all times (required position numbers 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1TE, 1PK, 11 IDP's)

- Roster totals may exceed these numbers in the offseason (beginning 2005) as a result of trades, pickups, or the rookie draft. Roster minimums (9) and maximums (22) will be enforced as per the TFFL calendar (usually the Saturday before the opening week of the season).

B. Injured Reserve
- Teams may reserve up to three players on the IR list. The player must be on the official NFL IR or PUP (Physically unable to perform) list.
- Players cannot be put onto the IR until after Week 1.
- Once a player is put on IR, he is ineligible for the rest of the season and/or playoffs. The exception to this occurs if the player was on IR for Team A, cut while on the PUP, and then picked up by TEAM B. In the event that this rare event occurs, the player would be eligible to play for TEAM B.

III. Starting Lineups
· 1 QUARTERBACK
· 1-4 RUNNING BACKS
· 1-4 WIDE RECEIVERS
· 1-3 TIGHT END (MANDATORY)
· 1 KICKER
-`1 D/ST

STARTING LINEUPS will consist of 10 total players.

- If a lineup is not submitted on time, team will play with prior week's lineup. The commissioner will not make any changes to lineups voluntarily with regards to bye weeks, injuries, or incomplete lineups.

- In the event of THURSDAY games, partial lineups may be submitted containing only those players playing in the THURSDAY game. All THURSDAY players MUST be started before the Thursday game. Owners cannot wait to see how their Thursday player(s) did before they decide to not submit a lineup and have the previous week's lineup carry over. Saturday games will be treated the same. Lineups must be submitted for all playoff games.

IV. Scoring and Statistics

OFFENSIVE SCORING WILL BE TABULATED USING THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE:
· 6 POINTS for ANY TOUCHDOWN SCORED
· 1 POINT per 20 YARDS PASSING (.05 per passing yard)
· 1 POINT per 10 YARDS RUSHING OR RECEIVING (.1 per yard rushing or receiving)
. 1 POINT per reception
· 6 POINTS per TOUCHDOWN PASSED
· 2 POINTS per 2pt CONVERSION SCORED
· 1 POINT per 2pt CONVERSION THROWN
· 1 POINT per PAT KICKED
· 3 POINTS per FIELD GOAL MADE UP TO 39 YARDS
· 4 POINTS per FIELD GOAL MADE 40-49 YARDS
· 5 POINTS per FIELD GOAL MADE 50-59 YARDS
· 6 POINTS per FIELD GOAL MADE 60+
· -2 POINTS for INTERCEPTION THROWN
· -1 POINT for ANY FUMBLE LOST BY AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER

OFFENSIVE BONUSES
· 4 POINTS per EACH 100 YARDS RUSHING
· 4 POINTS per EACH 150 YARDS RECEIVING
· 4 POINTS per 300 YARDS PASSING
· 3 POINTS per 10 RECEPTIONS IN GAME

DEFENSIVE SCORING WILL BE TABULATED USING THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE:
· 6 POINTS per ANY TOUCHDOWN SCORED
· 2 POINTS per FUMBLE RECOVERY
· 2 POINTS per INTERCEPTION
· 1 POINTS per SACK
- 2 POINTS per SAFETY
Total Points Allowed 0-0 10
Total Points Allowed 2-10 8
Total Points Allowed 11-15 6
Total Points Allowed 16-20 4
Total Points Allowed 21-25 2
Total Points Allowed 26-99 0
Total Net Yards Allowed 0-199 10
Total Net Yards Allowed 200-225 8
Total Net Yards Allowed 226-250 6
Total Net Yards Allowed 251-275 4
Total Net Yards Allowed 276-300 2
Total Net Yards Allowed 301-999 0

V Transactions

A. Adding and Dropping Players

Free Agents
Throughout the season you may want to improve your roster by adding available free agents and dropping players who aren't performing up to your expectations. You can submit a free agent request at any time. The deadline for picking up a free agent and having that player eligible for the current week's games is 5 minutes before the start time of the first game of the week (typically this means 12:55:00 Noon ET Sunday, but in some weeks the first game is on Thursday or Saturday). With the exception of requests for players on Waivers (discussed below) free agent moves are first-come, first-served and are executed immediately.

With only two exceptions, there are no limits to the number of Add/Drops you can request.
1. The first exception is when an owner drops his entire team or a significant number of players, also known as "team dropping". Team dropping has a negative impact on the league and as such, any owner who elects to drop his team shall be subject to immediate removal from the league. Players selected from waivers or added from free agency that were part of a team drop may be reversed at our discretion. In such move reversals, the waiver ranks will not be reset. TOLFFL uses weekly lineups, so any changes made may go into effect for the following week's games.
2. The second exception is abuse of the waivers process. This is when a team owner adds then drops a series of players, putting those players on waivers and making them inaccessible to other team owners. Such an action could result in forfeiture of points as well as that team owner being blocked from making any additional add/drops for the remainder of the season.

If either of these situations occurs within your league, please contact DRBrumley through the TOL Private Messaging System as soon as possible.

B Waivers
To provide an equal opportunity for all owners to add players to their roster that are new to the free agent pool, a Waivers process is used. Requests for players that are on Waivers are not executed immediately, but are put in a pending status. This allows multiple teams to request the same players. Most weeknights between midnight and 6:00:00 AM ET, we will process all of the pending requests. The order in which these requests are processed is based on the Waiver Rank of each team. The table below lists when an NFL player is on Waivers and for how long.

Waiver Conditions

NFL Player Status Free Agent while NFL games are in progress

On Waivers Until Midnight Tuesday/Wednesday to 6:00:00 AM ET Wednesday morning.
Waivers will never run on days NFL games are played. You can request players while games are in progress, but the first waivers run of the week will always be Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, so Wednesday is the earliest day you'd be awarded a player in any week.

NFL Player Status Released during a waiver process

On Waivers Until The next waiver process (usually 24 hours later, but see Waiver Schedule)..
Ex.: Owner requests Player A on waivers and drops Player B. During waiver process, owner is awarded Player A, and Player B is placed on waivers until the next waiver process.

NFL Player Status Released during Free Agent Add/Drop

On Waivers Until The second waiver process after the Add/Drop.
Ex.: Owner drops a player Tuesday afternoon. The player dropped is on waivers until the waiver process that runs between midnight Wednesday/Thursday and 6:00:00 AM ET Thursday.

Waiver Rank
During the waiver process, pending transactions are processed in an order determined by each team's waiver rank. The team with a waiver rank of 1, considered the highest, will get its first requested player. After the transaction is executed, the team's waiver rank is then set to 12 (last), and all other teams move up one. The waiver ranks are reset once each week after standings are updated on Monday night/Tuesday morning. The last-place team (based on won/lost record) will be given the waiver rank of 1, down to the first-place team, which gets the waiver rank of 12. We'll use the following criteria to break any ties for waiver rank:

If a team's highest pending transaction becomes invalid because another team received the requested player, the transaction gets deleted and the team's next waiver request, if one exists, becomes that team's highest. If a team doesn't have any pending transactions because all players requested were taken by other teams, or the owner simply didn't request any players, there isn't any penalty and the Waiver Rank will not be changed for that week.

C Trades

Trade Deadline
Throughout the season, owners can trade players with other teams. In an effort to keep the integrity of the league, a deadline for trades will be imposed at 11:59:59 PM ET Wednesday 11/15/2006. No trades will be allowed after that time. The simple formula for knowing when trades are finished for the season is no trades allowed during the playoffs. Playoffs start Week 15. So the deadline would be the Wednesday before Kickoff of Week 15 games.

All trades between owners must be made at least 24 hours before the first game day of the week and not be disputed by four owners in order to be effective for the current week. If four owners object to a trade, the Commissioner can overrule the objection but the trade may be made effective for the following week.

If you make a trade offer, be sure to monitor the status of that offer (on the Transactions, Trades page) as the weekly lineup deadline approaches, to ensure that acceptance of that trade does not cause your team to have an illegal lineup for the current week's games.

Multi-player Trades
Owners can enter unbalanced multi-player trades such as a 3 player for 1 player trade. A trade that results in an illegal roster will be allowed, however you will be required to enter the necessary transactions to correct your roster before your lineup is due for the coming week. If your roster is not legal by the weekly deadline, you will receive zero points for that particular week.

VI. Expansion Contingency

In the event that an owner departs or is removed from the league, an "expansion team" format will be put in place the following off-season. The specifics of this format will be voted on by the league on an individual team basis, but can include the following:
1. Each team will make available 3 players for an expansion draft. Each team may lose no more than two players. If a player is selected from their list of three players, that team has the option to pull back one of the two remaining players.

2. The expansion owner will be given additional rookie draft picks in the first rookie draft that occurs after taking over the team. Those picks will come at the end of rounds 2, 4, and 6. The additional picks cannot be traded, but the players selected can be traded after the draft.

VII. Amendments/Rule Changes

-Once the league rules have been finalized and approved for year one, each off-season the owners will have until June 1st to submit rule changes to be voted upon by the league before July 1st. Rule changes will need a majority vote (7 owners) and results of rule votes will be posted prior to July 1st.

VIII. Owner Expectations

In this league owners will be expected to adhere to the following principles.
• NEVER GIVE UP TRYING TO WIN YOUR NEXT GAME
• DO NOT BICKER WITH OTHER OWNERS
• DO FEEL FREE TO TALK TRASH TO OTHER OWNERS
• DO NOT ASK FOR "SPECIAL" FAVORS FROM THE COMMISH
• DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SCORE EACH AND EVERY WEEK
• ADD YOUR OWN FLAVOR TO MAKE THIS A DYNAMIC, FUN LEAGUE
• DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY FORM OF COLLUSION OR DUMPING…
- Owners may be relieved of their franchise by a vote of at least 8 other owners if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the league.
- It would take three incidences of "misconduct" for removal to be put to a vote. 1st time = warning, 2nd time = probation, 3rd time = vote for dismissal.

Last edited:

ragTagblues

Ye God's this fantasy football thing is taking a while to figure out, anyone got any tips?

Bare in mind that I know absolutely nothing about American Football ha ha and I'm guessing my way through; but I am enjoying it.

PKevman

Ye God's this fantasy football thing is taking a while to figure out, anyone got any tips?

Bare in mind that I know absolutely nothing about American Football ha ha and I'm guessing my way through; but I am enjoying it.

One thing you might find helpful is that when you go to the link "Submit lineup" on the site, you will find another link you can click that will take you to Fantasy Sharks. They will give you suggestions as to who you should start. Bear in mind that it is just someone's opinion, but it's someone pretty knowledgeable about the NFL, so it can't hurt to see. I often wind up ignoring their advice in some cases. Sometimes I'm right, and sometimes they're right. :chuckle:

ragTagblues

Marion Barber for Santana Moss? :noway: Ragtag got robbed. :sigh:

Hey anyone ever herd the phrase that ignorance is bliss?

To be honest I did think I was being duped; but it came across as an honest attempt to help me out. . . . . oh well. I'm still gonna kick booty!

assuranceagent

Hey anyone ever herd the phrase that ignorance is bliss?

To be honest I did think I was being duped; but it came across as an honest attempt to help me out. . . . . oh well. I'm still gonna kick booty!

I wasn't trying to dupe you....I honestly figured you'd counter-offer. Not that I'm complaining that you didn't. :thumb:

You really did have a weakness at WR and I really did at RB. Everything I said was true it's just that I was thinking it was a starting point for negotiations...not the final agreement.

But hey...if it makes you feel any better, my starting QB...who also happens to be maybe the best in the league...didn't make it through the first quarter of play without getting injured. Being a knee injury, I have no idea how long I'm gonna be down on this one...those kinds of things can ruin entire seasons. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.