ECT A further MAD heresy.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MAD doctrine teaches that the command of Jesus to His disciples to preach the Kingdom of God to all nations, was temporarily interrupted by the grace message of the church age through Paul.

(MAD not teaching that the Kingdom of God IS the grace message)

So MAD doctrine claims the Kingdom message will only be preached again by the Jews after Christ returns and finally fulfilling the great commission.

MAD is wrong about this, due to the facts.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

It is self explanatory, but I will spell it out.

The Kingdom of God message is preached in all of the world BEFORE Christ returns.

Now further to that, John of Revelation, was an Apostle and a Jew, and he is told by the Lord that he must prophecy AGAIN before ALL nations. --

Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

It can not mean that John himself will do so but the Lords people will, so that Johns people DID already prophesy to ALL nations before.

This makes it clear that the early church which began with the Jews and which was extended to include all of any peoples of the earth into it, did prophecy of the Kingdom of God and that all men were pressing into it by their believing into Christ, and--

that it was due to their message that God changed the world for the better for as long as the church abode in God as their faithful ancestors did--

Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

until the church fell away to some major extend through their offspring.

So it is clear that the MAD doctrine is once again shown to be in error.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mad teaching is that the gospel of the Kingdom of God did not go out to all of the nations according to the Lords instructions.

That is clearly proven false by the fact that among the 3000 were--

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Act 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
Act 11:2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,
Act 11:3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.
Act 11:4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,
Act 11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Act 11:6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 11:7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
Act 11:8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.
Act 11:9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Common sense tells us that many of those who received the Holy Spirit at the first, went home with the gospel, and like all converts since, had spoken to all their friends and families of the wonderful works of God.

musterion

MAD doctrine teaches that the command of Jesus to His disciples to preach the Kingdom of God to all nations, was temporarily interrupted by the grace message of the church age through Paul.
Stop right there.

That is what we believe and you are to be commended for having the integrity to not misrepresent it, and I sincerely thank you for that - I honestly didn't expect it from you.

But if you want to refute it, I'll help you. Here's how:

Show from Scripture where the 12 carried the so-called "Great Commission" to all the nations as Christ commanded them to do.

If you can show that from Scripture, MAD falls.

If you cannot show that from Scripture, the rest of your post is nonsense.

musterion

I get it. "Thread suicide by cop."

With laser precision, I asked a question you know you can't answer, so instead of admitting that, you're insulting the mod in the hopes he'll shut this thread down before you're called out by a half-dozen people to answer it.

Right?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stop right there.

That is what we believe and you are to be commended for having the integrity to not misrepresent it, and I sincerely thank you for that - I honestly didn't expect it from you.

But if you want to refute it, I'll help you. Here's how:

Show from Scripture where the 12 carried the so-called "Great Commission" to all the nations as Christ commanded them to do.

If you can show that from Scripture, MAD falls.

If you cannot show that from Scripture, the rest of your post is nonsense.

The command is not solely to the 12 Apostles and continued unabated after their deaths.

History confirms that the apostles went into many nations of the time.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

My post can not be nonsense because I posted scripture showing the gospel went to gentiles before Paul was sent to the nations.--

Act 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

LA

musterion

Good try. I'll give you that.

The command is not solely to the 12 Apostles
Yes, it was.

and continued unabated after their deaths.
No, it didn't. Many Jewish believers went far afield but the 12 did not. THAT was the point of contention in your o.p. so don't try moving the goalpost on this.

History confirms that the apostles went into many nations of the time.
I didn't ask you what history "confirms." I asked you to show from Scripture that they made it outside of Israel.

Keep trying.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I get it. "Thread suicide by cop."

With laser precision, I asked a question you know you can't answer, so instead of admitting that, you're insulting the mod in the hopes he'll shut this thread down before you're called out by a half-dozen people to answer it.

Right?

No.

I search the scriptures and it takes time.

The mod was not speaking as a mod, and you should not use everything you can in order to condemn people.

LA

musterion

No.

I search the scriptures and it takes time.

The mod was not speaking as a mod, and you should not use everything you can in order to condemn people.

LA

I already said to keep trying. Take your time.

And when a mod speaks, assume the mod hat is on, unless they say otherwise.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good try. I'll give you that.

Yes, it was.

No, it didn't. Many Jewish believers went far afield but the 12 did not. THAT was the point of contention in your o.p. so don't try moving the goalpost on this.

I didn't ask you what history "confirms." I asked you to show from Scripture that they went.

Keep trying.

You are suggesting that the Apostles were disobedient to the Spirit who sent them.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Absolutely not. You insult them and the Holy Spirit for even countenancing such a possibility.

No.

You are suggesting the Apostles were disobedient.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

musterion

You are suggesting the Apostles were disobedient.

First, are you admitting they did not make it outside of Israel, according to the Bible?

Second, nope. I've heard several non-dispensationalists hint at that (no one is stupid enough to come out and say it), but MADs find it a wicked and blasphemous thing to say.

Do you care enough to know what we DO believe? Or do you prefer straw men?