Abortion ISN'T "murder"

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You can say that abortion is sin. You can say that abortion is a mortal sin. But you can't say that abortion is murder without backing up that assertion with corresponding actions.

The right wing claim that abortion is "murder" is in fact nothing but shrill rhetoric, and even conservatives don't truly believe it because if they did, they would grab their guns and go out and stop abortions from happening by force. The very least they could do would be to go out into the streets and protest abortion clinics, Planned Parenthood, etc., but the vast majority of them don't even bother to do that little! Clearly, they don't have the courage of their alleged convictions.

The majority Republican stance on abortion is that it should be outlawed because it is the murder of an innocent life--except in the cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother--as if it's okay to murder those people based on how they were conceived, but not the others! Irrational, illogical, absurd thinking dominates the so-called "pro-life" movement.

I don't hear conservatives whining about Republican politicians who are pro-choice. "What!? You mean there are Republican politicians who are pro-choice on abortion?" Yep, but most Republicans don't even know that, or care--because in reality they couldn't care less about abortion except insofar as they can use the topic to smear Democrats, which means that abortion is only about politics to them. Most Republicans don't really want to outlaw abortion even if they could, because many women of color choose to have abortions, and if a low-income woman of color decides to get an abortion, that is likely one less Democratic voter they will have to worry about.

Many Republican politicians are nothing if not hypocritical on abortion. They would never actually impede abortion even if they could, because if they did, what would they do when their mistresses turn up pregnant? Wouldn't want the wife to find out. They might want an expensive divorce. Better to cover up such "accidents" with an abortion, in their view. Below are just a few examples of this Republican hypocrisy on abortion:

An illustrious list of Republican men are publicly anti-choice, but privately have supported women in their lives having abortions

Republicans abhor abortions – unless it’s for their mistress, of course
Meet Scott Lloyd, the head of the Office of Refugee Resettlement; in theory he’s responsible for supporting refugees build a better life in America by providing them with financial and medical assistance. Under previous administrations, this included abortion services. But we live in a God-fearing America now, and Lloyd has made it his mission to ensure refugee women, including unaccompanied minors, don’t get abortions. He even blocked a 17-year-old-girl who had been raped from having an abortion. “The child – the one who is destroyed – is not an aggressor,” he argued in a report. No Scott, the child isn’t an aggressor; you are.
As Mother Jones reported this week, despite his patronizing proselytizing, Lloyd doesn’t always practice what he preaches. As a young man he drove an ex-girlfriend to get an abortion and paid for half of it.
Lloyd joins an illustrious list of Republicans whose stance on abortion is basically: “It’s OK for me; evil for thee.” Earlier this year, for example, it emerged that Elliot Broidy, the former RNC deputy finance chairman paid $1.6m to a Playboy Playmate he had an affair with, after she aborted his child.
Then there is Tim Murphy, the pro-life Pennsylvania Republican who resigned last year after it was revealed he had urged his mistress to consider an abortion. And let’s not forget the charming Scott DesJarlais. According to testimony during his divorce trial, the Tennessee congressman supported his ex-wife's decision to get two abortions before their marriage. The former doctor also allegedly pressured a 24-year-old patient he was having an affair with to get an abortion. Even after all that information came out DesJarlais still had the gall to vote for anti-abortion bills and boast of having a “100% pro-life voting record."

Abortion will never be outlawed. These are statements made by the conservative Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, John Roberts, regarding the abortion issue: "Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land." "It’s settled as a precedent of the court, entitled to respect under principles of stare decisis." "There’s nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent." So much for the right wing evangelical pipe dream that Republican politicians will get Roe v. Wade overturned by stacking the courts with more conservative judges, because even the conservative judges are telling you that it isn't going to happen.

Right Divider

Body part
Except in the cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother, amirite?

Taking an innocent life is always murder.

I understand why you pick these difficult cases, which account for a very small percentage of abortions.

Take the case of rape.... is your solution to murder the only absolutely and undeniably innocent person involved?

Reactions: Lon

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Taking an innocent life is always murder.

I understand why you pick these difficult cases, which account for a very small percentage of abortions.

Take the case of rape.... is your solution to murder the only absolutely and undeniably innocent person involved?

That there should be an exception to an abortion ban in the case of rape is the Republican position on the issue. Why do you support a political party that supports the murder of children who, through no fault of their own, were conceived by rape?

Right Divider

Body part
That there should be an exception to an abortion ban in the case of rape is the Republican position on the issue. Why do you support a political party that supports the murder of children who, through no fault of their own, were conceived by rape?

Again.... why do you ASSUME that I "support a political party that supports the murder of children who, through no fault of their own, were conceived by rape?"?

I don't "support" any political party.

You constantly make ASSUMPTIONS about me based on NO knowledge whatsoever. You are very arrogant in this regard.

way 2 go

You can say that abortion is sin. You can say that abortion is a mortal sin. But you can't say that abortion is murder without backing up that assertion with corresponding actions.

The right wing claim that abortion is "murder" is in fact nothing but shrill rhetoric, and even conservatives don't truly believe it because if they did, they would grab their guns and go out and stop abortions from happening by force.

Rev 22:11 Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Rev 22:11 Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”

I totally agree with this, and nothing I have said contradicts it. Let those who are against abortion refuse to get abortions, and let those who choose to get abortions get them. Let the filthy be filthy, and let the holy be holy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nobody has the right to your body - in whole or in part - sans your consent.

Sorry you're wrong.

Whether before birth or after birth the child's safety takes precedence over the mother's selfishness and convenience, aka "autonomy"

If you want to remain free of encumbrances don't conceive a child. Once you do conceive a child, you have consented to caring for that child.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Sorry you're wrong.

Whether before birth or after birth the child's safety takes precedence over the mother's selfishness and convenience, aka "autonomy"

If you want to remain free of incumberances don't conceive a child. Once you conceive a child you have consented to caring for that child.

And if that child was conceived by a rape, has the woman who was rapped "consented to caring for that child"? Not necessarily.

The law disagrees with you. The conservative, Republican-appointed Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court disagrees with you.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Sorry you're wrong.

If you want to remain free of encumbrances don't conceive a child. Once you do conceive a child, you have consented to caring for that child.

That's an apt personal prescript yet, not binding.