ARCHIVE: Z Man asks... "what about grace?"

Z Man

Clete said:
Because God said so.
If homosexuals should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Z Man said:
If homosexuals should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

Are you seriously making this argument or are you just parroting something you’ve heard someone else say so as to give me the opportunity to present the soundly Biblical teaching?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Z Man

Clete said:
Are you seriously making this argument....
Yeah. I do not understand what makes you think that homosexuals deserve death but you don't. Are you less sinful than they?

If this kind of crap is what Enyart is teaching these days, I and every sane Biblically sound Christian out in the world today apologize on his behalf...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:

What the???

Are you kidding?

Z Man... using your logic NOTHING on earth should be criminal. :hammer:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Z Man said:
Yeah. I do not understand what makes you think that homosexuals deserve death but you don't. Are you less sinful than they?

If this kind of crap is what Enyart is teaching these days, I and every sane Biblically sound Christian out in the world today apologize on his behalf...
You can't possibly be serious.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Z Man said:

Zman do you agree that the government should punish both murderers and thieves? If so do you believe the punishment for theft should be the same as the punishment for murder?

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
By zman

Clete responded

Are you seriously making this argument or are you just parroting something you’ve heard someone else say so as to give me the opportunity to present the soundly Biblical teaching?

to which zman responded

Zman you should have asked Clete to explain it biblically as he offered instead of admitting you don't understand it and then calling it "crap" and apologizing for Bob Enyart for a teaching you just admitted you don't understand. To put it bluntly, this makes you look stupid.

Z Man

Knight said:
Z Man... using your logic NOTHING on earth should be criminal.
Explain...
Clete said:
You can't possibly be serious.
Are you going to tell me why you're better than homos, or are you just going to keep saying "Are you fo' real"?

I'm waiting...
deardelmar said:
Zman do you agree that the government should punish both murderers and thieves? If so do you believe the punishment for theft should be the same as the punishment for murder?
What does this have to do with the sin of homosexuality?

Sozo

Z Man said:

It's important that you actually turn the oxygen on when you fly at those higher altitudes.

Z Man

When will people start explaining why homosexuals should be executed instead of babbling random nonsense?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Z Man said:
When will people start explaining why homosexuals should be executed instead of babbling random nonsense?
It seems clear that you don't actually disagree with the idea but are simply wanting the teaching presented for some other reason. Far be it from me to refuse an opportunity to do just that. I will try to put something together and post it this evening.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Sozo

Z Man said:

Because the bible says they are "worthy of death", and that it is the role of government to use the sword to keep people from practicing evil, just as they should any evil practice.

Sozo

Z Man said:

For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; [they are] gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

"But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:
Explain...
Well....

IF as you argue...

Couldn't you just as easily argue....

If murderers should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

If rapists should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

If kidnappers should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

Z Man

Sozo said:
...being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; [they are] gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and...those who practice such things are worthy of death...
You're not guilty of any of these? We are all sinners before the almighty God and all of us are 'worthy of death'. I don't see how you can stretch this to mean we should go out and murder all the homosexuals in the world..

:kookoo:
"But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil."
But fear no more, for we have grace!

Again, it's a gazillion mile stretch to take these passages and apply them to the idea that it's ok to go out and put homosexuals on death row.

Z Man

Knight said:
Well....

IF as you argue...

Couldn't you just as easily argue....

If murderers should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

If rapists should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

If kidnappers should be executed according to the law for their sins, shouldn't we all be executed? Have you forgotten about grace?

Homosexuality is a perversed form of sexual activity. It's an agreement between two people of the same sex to have intercourse. It may be a sin, but it's by no means a 'crime'! Murder, raping, and kidnapping (the ones you listed) are done forcefully against another person without their consent. Someone was harmed or had their 'rights' taken away, thus the criminal should pay the price - there are human consequences that a criminal must pay for taking away the rights of another human being.

You cannot apply that same rule to homosexuals. They willfully do what they do to each other. It's not a crime. A sin yes - crime, no. If homosexuality should be a crime paid for by death, then so should lying, disobeying your parents, and every other sin that we all willfully participate in.