Are babies going to populate "hell"?

GregoryN

Augustine believed re the pains of endless hell that those "of children dying unbaptized will be 'most mild of all'; but for all the chastisement will be eternal" (p.485).

(J.N.D. Kelly, "Early Christian Doctrines")

Or will such children all be forced by Calvinistic irresistible grace into heaven, without being allowed to make a freewill choice for or against Christ? Are they the lucky lottery winners over those in "hell" who weren't so lucky as to die in infancy? Salvation is, then, just a matter of pure 100% luck. And the Sovereign Omnipotent God Who is Love is the lucky lotto winner dispenser. If He loves you, you win the lotto. If not, too bad, he decided to let you fry alive forever. And if He chose you to die in infancy & therefore win the lotto, He doesn't care about your freewill. You'll be forced like a robot or puppet to do His will.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Augustine believed re the pains of endless hell that those "of children dying unbaptized will be 'most mild of all'; but for all the chastisement will be eternal" (p.485).

Or will such children all be forced by Calvinistic irresistible grace into heaven, without being allowed to make a freewill choice for or against Christ? Are they the lucky lottery winners over those in "hell" who weren't so lucky as to die in infancy? Salvation is, then, just a matter of pure 100% luck. And the Sovereign Omnipotent God Who is Love is the lucky lotto winner dispenser. If He loves you, you win the lotto. If not, too bad, he decided to let you fry alive forever. And if He chose you to die in infancy & therefore win the lotto, He doesn't care about your freewill. You'll be forced like a robot or puppet to do His will.

Calvinism is an false doctrine, any way you look at it. Calvinism changes the charactor of the God of the Bible. The ONLY way to receive forgiveness of ALL your sins and eternal life is through, hearing the Gospel and placing ALL your faith in Christ, which includes His death and resurrection. He shed His blood for the sins of ALL humanity, however, God requires your faith in order for you to receive the benefits of Christ's death and resurrection. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

In those two verses, 'God's Grace' is received through the placing of our faith in Christ and His shed blood on the cross, and belief of His resurrection, and not by us having to earn it through our own works.

iamaberean

1Co 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
1Co 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

If a child is born to a family which has a believing mother or father then that baby will be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

A baby can not believe, so if it dies without a believing mother or fatther it will just lay in rest. No judgment, good or bad.

Reactions: Lon

Jerry Shugart

If a child is born to a family which has a believing mother or father then that baby will be saved.

All infants who die will be with the LORD. After all, since the Lord Jesus was made like His brothers in all things then all infants emerge from the womb just like the Lord Jesus as he emerged from the womb:

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people"
(Heb.2:16-17).​

Here is how David said that He was made:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"
(Ps.139:13-14).​

iamaberean

All infants who die will be with the LORD. After all, since the Lord Jesus was made like His brothers in all things then all infants emerge from the womb just like the Lord Jesus as he emerged from the womb:

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people"
(Heb.2:16-17).​

Here is how David said that He was made:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"
(Ps.139:13-14).​
Whenever one quotes scripture, it is speaking to or about God's children. The bible is for and about his children.

In your scriptures it spoke of Abraham and his children and David, all being children of God.

Jerry Shugart

Whenever one quotes scripture, it is speaking to or about God's children. The bible is for and about his children.

In your scriptures it spoke of Abraham and his children and David, all being children of God.

The following words are speaking about "mankind":

"'Look,' says the Teacher, 'this is what I have discovered: Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things--while I was still searching but not finding--I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all. This only have I found: God created mankind upright, but they have gone in search of many schemes'" (Eccl.7:25-29).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
[Jhn 3:3, 5-7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Jerry Shugart

The following words of the Lord Jesus about "little children" prove that He did not believe that little children will populate hell:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'"
(Mt.19:13-14).​

At another place we see the Lord Jesus speaking about children and here the same truth can be seen:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven"
(Mt.18:1-4).​

We can also see that children are also described as being "an heritage of the Lord":

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward"
(Ps.127:3).

ttruscott

Interesting how your Holy Book does not seem to provide a consistent answer. Would have thought your deity would be clearer.

Then you have no understanding of the purpose of the Bible. It is NOT to convince those condemned already as proof of HIS reality but to help focus the truth for those called by HIS Spirit to be redeemed. The Bible's answer is perfectly consistent with itself. It is men's misunderstandings that cause the inconsistencies which are allowed so as to separate the sheep, those who can hear His voice, from the goats, those who are condemned already who cannot hear His voice.

ttruscott

Augustine and Calvin were both wrong... Elect babies return to heaven where they came from and non-eect babies return to Sheol from where they came from, Psalm 9:17 The wicked will return to Sheol...

Arthur Brain

Then you have no understanding of the purpose of the Bible. It is NOT to convince those condemned already as proof of HIS reality but to help focus the truth for those called by HIS Spirit to be redeemed. The Bible's answer is perfectly consistent with itself. It is men's misunderstandings that cause the inconsistencies which are allowed so as to separate the sheep, those who can hear His voice, from the goats, those who are condemned already who cannot hear His voice.

In other words Jonah, it's only the "elect" who have a "divine phone line" and everyone else has static. Oh, the joys of doctrines...

Arthur Brain

Augustine and Calvin were both wrong... Elect babies return to heaven where they came from and non-eect babies return to Sheol from where they came from, [FONT=&]Psalm 9:17 [/FONT][FONT=&]The wicked will return to Sheol...[/FONT]

Babies can be wicked? What, do they cry too much or something?

:freak:

ttruscott

Babies can be wicked? What, do they cry too much or something?
<sarcasm ignored>

Genesis 25:22 The babies jostled each other within her, and she said,"Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the LORD.

The babies, Jacob and Esau struggled, jostled or wrestled within her...all words chosen by the Bible interpreters to hide and deny their sinfulness that is implicit in the word they reject, Strong's Concordance: ratsats: to crush to pieces. In this verse the Hithpoel form means to crush each other to pieces, that is, they were trying to murder each other in the womb! Of course, all orthodoxy which denies any life before the womb MUST deny that they had a life before the womb in which they became evil by their own free will decision ye GOD told their mother that they were fighting over the rights to primogeniture, ie the oldest would inherit everything, a fact that is glossed over with barley a glance so strong is the created on earth theory of our creation.

So this one story tells us that not only was at least one of the being evil, (one might have been fighting back yet remaining faithful to YHWH but I suspect both were being evil), proving that the foetus in the womb can indeed be evil BUT ALSO that they knew stuff that a foetus cannot have known unless they had learned it before they were conceived, ie sown Matt 13:36-39, while in Sheol before the creation of the physical unverse.​