church-history-powerpoint-11-728.jpg

Questions or Comments?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 13

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

Romans 11

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness
!

You sure take a lot haymakers from your Apostle, Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lay out the OP so that it can be quoted from next time.

*There's more than one church mentioned in the first bullet of the OP

*The 12 sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in M, M, L and J Matthew 10:5-6 KJV and the Lord Himself to them too (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)

*of which no one today has any (1 Corinthians 13:8-10 KJV).

*Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV)

*We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Lay out the OP so that it can be quoted from next time.

*There's more than one church mentioned in the first bullet of the OP

*The 12 sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in M, M, L and J Matthew 10:5-6 KJV and the Lord Himself to them too (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)

*of which no one today has any (1 Corinthians 13:8-10 KJV).

*Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV)

*We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV)

Yep! The Pope is not OUR kind of guy.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Holy See descends from Peter's own supreme pastorship over our Lord's Church. Today's supreme pastor holds the same office Peter held way back in AD 33.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Holy See descends from Peter's own supreme pastorship over our Lord's Church. Today's supreme pastor holds the same office Peter held way back in AD 33.

Today?? That guy? I don't think so! You should of seen him the other day, going off on some guy from another country? He looked like he was about to go all "Rocky" on that guy.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV), committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and later given the dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). Paul filled up that which was behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for Christ's body's sake, which is the church (Colossians 1:24-27 KJV). We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We don't have Apostles, we have bishops. The bishops are not Apostles but bishops were the Apostles' idea, and we know that therefore bishops are the Lord's idea, because He chose and commissioned His Apostles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV), committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and later given the dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). Paul filled up that which was behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for Christ's body's sake, which is the church (Colossians 1:24-27 KJV). We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).

Yep!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 2

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

I belong to Paul's church, not Peter. Peter has a good gig, make no mistake about it. He had to put up with hell on earth because of his testimony, and for it, he will be rewarded.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 2

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

I belong to Paul's church, not Peter. Peter has a good gig, make no mistake about it. He had to put up with hell on earth because of his testimony, and for it, he will be rewarded.
I like your faith.

Paul himself we know consecrated bishops, among them Timothy and Titus, to whom he wrote epistles, which we have preserved for us, by that early Church. Our forebears, not physically, but spiritually. They believed the same faith that we believe today, and they are still members of the Body of Christ, the Church. I have no proof of this, but I believe that those who have been purified of temporal (not eternal) punishments for their venial sins, observe us in a very intimate way. To hit close to home, I have dead grandparents who I believe are in the faith, and I believe they see everything I do and say, and maybe even think, but that part is definitely speculative.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Peter was a married Jew. Have all popes secretly been married Jews?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul himself we know consecrated bishops, among them Timothy and Titus, to whom he wrote epistles, which we have preserved for us, by that early Church.

Paul explicitly says he is the apostle to the gentiles (uncircumcision). Do you belong to it or do you belong to the Jews (circumcision)?

I have no proof of this

You can say that again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please explain how this is relevant in a body of people where there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Nice strawman. Roman Catholic "Priests" don't marry. Yet Peter did. Explain the contradiction.