Beside The Waters Of Babylon

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Source:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Glenn Fairman said:
In the quarrel between Progressives and Conservatives, so many of the former believe that we are mired in a nostalgia for white privilege or some Norman Rockwell painting of an America that exists only as a furtive dream.

Before men wore their political posturings on their sleeves, they worked and struggled, lived, reproduced and died -- with the state serving as only a distant backdrop for their exertions. Indeed, wisdom has no meaning if the memory of such a past is denigrated, and we swim only in the turbulent rapids of Becoming. Progressives, by their very nature, have little use for the past, except as a bogeyman to scare children with. Our Founder’s Masterpiece is now airbrushed as some primitive horror wholly inferior to the Homogenous City -- a gilded ghost coaxed from a barbarous age.

As we nod our heads, click our tongues, and resign to the ash heap of history our fleeting memory of the Christian West, do not be surprised when everything you have ever loved is put to the sword -- as you lay weeping beyond recovery, beside the dismal Waters of Babylon.

Does the author have a point?...Do you even have a clue what he is talking about?

Finally...If he does have a point is it worthy of consideration?...IE: Has the West sown and now should reap?...Is it really for the best of humanity that it should all be cut down?

What do you think?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Before men wore their political posturings on their sleeves, they worked and struggled, lived, reproduced and died -- with the state serving as only a distant backdrop for their exertions.

disagree - currently reading Bloody Mohawk

American development was utterly reliant on governmental encouragement and support, in the pre-revolutionary war period and beyond

none of our infrastructure was built by men alone - we're just so used to it existing we ignore how it got there - the roads, the waterways, the airports, industry, development of all kinds

since the rest of his rant is based on a flawed premise, i'll ignore it

but thanks for giving me a reason to listen to Manfred mann! :)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
disagree - currently reading Bloody Mohawk

American development was utterly reliant on governmental encouragement and support, in the pre-revolutionary war period and beyond

none of our infrastructure was built by men alone - we're just so used to it existing we ignore how it got there - the roads, the waterways, the airports, industry, development of all kinds

Okay, We have a position based on how this must solely relate to infrastructure. I have no doubt your mind is awash with thoughts of the Erie Canal.

*Muh Roads*

View attachment 24309

since the rest of his rant is based on a flawed premise, i'll ignore it

Okie-dokie... :)

but thanks for giving me a reason to listen to Manfred mann! :)

Glad I could help out....

Does anyone have a wider view?

fzappa13

I dunno ... I think the author argues for a homogeneity in American culture that is more a rhetorical creation than a reflection of fact. Regional cultures vary and will continue to I suspect thus frustrating the attempts of those trying to influence them and define them.

Not saying media hasn't had its effect ... I'm just suggesting it not as pervasive as its owners would have hoped.