Can a Christian lose their salvation?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
and

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hebrews 6:4-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, [a]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Right Divider

Body part
Hebrews 6:4-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, [a]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.
Israel

DAN P

Hi and Gal 3:28 says we ARE / ESTE which is a Greek verb that is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The PRESENT TENSE means that we are CONTINUALLY in present time , ALWAYS and that means OSAS and the INDICATIVE MOOD means what I have written is a FACT !!

This is just one way to prove OSAS !!

dan p

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
and

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Even if a sheep skips his fold for whatever reason, he doesn't stop being his Shepherd's sheep. And we already know his Shepherd's feelings about searching for any of His sheep that are lost (outside His fold). He leaves the 99 to find the lost one.

DAN P

Even if a sheep skips his fold for whatever reason, he doesn't stop being his Shepherd's sheep. And we already know his Shepherd's feelings about searching for any of His sheep that are lost (outside His fold). He leaves the 99 to find the lost one.

Hi and Jesus does not call the Body of Christ SHEEP !!

Gal 3:28 is proof that all in the B O C are neither MALE nor FEMALE as we are a new creation in Christ and not SHEEP !!

dan p

Idolater

Gal 3:28 is proof that all in the B O C are neither MALE nor FEMALE as we are a new creation in Christ and not SHEEP !!

dan p
I know that you don't care, but all of Church history defies your reading of the Scripture on this matter.

DAN P

I know that you don't care, but all of Church history defies your reading of the Scripture on this matter.

Hi and you can know my FEELING , so is church history , SCRIPTURE ??

There is no Greek word for CHURCH , is there ??

EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY and does not mean CHURCH !!

EK means OUT !!

KESIS means a CALLING !!

In other words A CALLING OUT or and ASSEMBLY !!

dan p

Idolater

Hi and you can know my FEELING , so is church history , SCRIPTURE ??
No Church history begins during the Apostolic era and continues after all the New Testament was written down. The Church is in the Scripture. A lot of NT books mention the Church explicitly.
There is no Greek word for CHURCH , is there ??

EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY and does not mean CHURCH !!
Yes it does. Again, the first say thousand years, or even just first five hundred years, yes, that word in the New Testament does mean "Church".
EK means OUT !!

KESIS means a CALLING !!

In other words A CALLING OUT or and ASSEMBLY !!
I don't disagree with any of that.

Right Divider

Body part
No Church history begins during the Apostolic era and continues after all the New Testament was written down
Why does "church" history begin so exceedingly long after the "church" began?

Act 7:38 KJV This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

God's Truth

dan p

The BODY of Christ are people IN CHRIST.

The SHEEP have to be in to be called 'His sheep'.

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

God's Truth

No Church history begins during the Apostolic era and continues after all the New Testament was written down. The Church is in the Scripture. A lot of NT books mention the Church explicitly.
Yes it does. Again, the first say thousand years, or even just first five hundred years, yes, that word in the New Testament does mean "Church".
I don't disagree with any of that.

Jesus had to die and rise again before anyone can be put in his body, the church.

When Jesus had his earthly ministry, he taught how to get in his body, his church.

Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Matthew 18:15 [ Dealing With Sin in the Church ] “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

Matthew 18:17 If they still refuse to listen,tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

God's Truth

and

It could be a dreadful thing to be in God's hands:

Hebrews 10:26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

God's Truth

People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.

So your answer is yes you can loose your salvation?