Caster Semenya might not be a girl and Usain Bolt might not be a human.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, most of you know I am a hockey fan and I don't really get into other sports that much but in Berlin at the Track and Field World Championships there is some wacky stuff going on.

First off, there is this freakishly large human from Jamaica that is smashing world records by massive amounts. His name is Usian Bolt and he looks like a regular person except about 15% larger than all the other runners yet he is in complete proportion. (it's kinda freaky)

Have you seen this guy? He's like a superhuman. Watch the video below and when they start running it will only take you a split second to see this dude how much larger he looks than the rest of the competitors.

Bolt not only smashed the 100 meter mark but he also crushed the 200 meter mark. Can this person be for real???

Then.... on a more bizarre note

South African Caster Semenya is being questioned as to what gender he/she actually is! Caster competes in the women's track and field events but there has been some speculation that she is actually a he. I gotta tell you... if you have seen any pictures of this person it's no wonder that people might question what gender she actually is.

Normally a track and field event wouldn't catch my attention but hey, throw in a superhuman and a gender bending controversy and you have my attention. ;)

Last edited:

WizardofOz

Is your son freakishly large?

Bolt is only 6ft5in and 190lbs. Runners are usually not that tall hence his out of place appearance.

My father is 6ft8 and 285lbs with tall people on both sides of the family. Chances are good that one or both of my sons will be as tall as Bolt.

Yes, he's only 7 but my son is pretty big compared to others his age (up and out, gotta limit the snacks if he's gonna be fast : )

We're urging football :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently they are testing to see if Caster Semenya is actually a girl. Check out this quote....
A group of doctors, including an endocrinologist, a gynaecologist, an internal medicine expert, an expert on gender and a psychologist have started the gender test but the results may not be known for days, if not weeks.
A group of doctors????
And the results might not be known for weeks???

What am I missing here?

How tough can it be to perform such a test?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bolt is only 6ft5in and 190lbs. Runners are usually not that tall hence his out of place appearance.

My father is 6ft8 and 285lbs with tall people on both sides of the family. Chances are good that one or both of my sons will be as tall as Bolt.

Yes, he's only 7 but my son is pretty big compared to others his age.
Well... that's good. It's certainly better than having your son's role model be Caster Semenya.

The Berean

Apparently they are testing to see if Caster Semenya is actually a girl. Check out this quote....
A group of doctors????

What am I missing here?

She took this test three weeks ago. From what I understand "gender" testing is quite time consuming. They have to test various systems of the body. She's probably female with unusual genetics. If she were a man his 800 meter times are nothing special, nothing more that a good high school boy's time. In high school I saw a high school freshman (14 or 15 years old) run a 1:54 for 800 meters.

The Berean

As for Usain Bolt he is a genetic freak for sure. Plus track and field has been a drug infested sport for 40 years now. Recently three Jamaican sprinters failed drug tests. It wouldn't surprise me if Bolt got caught one day as well. But I hope he is clean. He is fun to watch. How fast can he run? Is 9.45 seconds possible?

The Berean

Yes, he's only 7 but my son is pretty big compared to others his age (up and out, gotta limit the snacks if he's gonna be fast : )

We're urging football :)

Yes, world class sprinters tend to be short squatty guys. Bolt is build like an NFL receiver. For comparison Randy Moss is 6'4" and 210 lbs.

EMETH

South African Caster Semenya is being questioned as to what gender he/she actually is! Caster competes in the women's track and field events but there has been some speculation that she is actually a he. I gotta tell you... if you have seen any pictures of this person it's no wonder that people might question what gender she actually is.

Normally a track and field event wouldn't catch my attention but hey, throw in a superhuman and a gender bending controversy and you have my attention. ;)

If her mother was exposed to a large dose (or multiple small doses) of testosterone while pregnant it would explain Caster's appearance and musculature. It can alter the growth pattern of a female baby so it develops along more masculine lines.

Hweila

Can't they just have a qualified physician take a look? :idunno:

Well, no. There's quite a number of genetic conditions that can render things considerably more complex than can be resolved with a quick peek at the genitals.

patman

Well, no. There's quite a number of genetic conditions that can render things considerably more complex than can be resolved with a quick peek at the genitals.

Yeah, I saw that episode of House... crazy stuff:dizzy:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
A group of doctors????

What am I missing here?

You'd think an x-ray should do it. I get the idea they are trying to determine if she is intersexed.

Well... that's good. It's certainly better than having your son's role model be Caster Semenya.
If her manly appearance is part of a genetic defect, would you still be against her being a role model?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If her manly appearance is part of a genetic defect, would you still be against her being a role model?
Assuming Caster is really a woman don't you think it's more appropriate for her to be a role model for your girls?

P.S. My original comment was intended to be a bit silly.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I love Bolt. I really hope he's clean. He ran again today in the 4x100 relay. Jamaica got Gold but no World Record this time. He's amazing.