ECT CATHOLIC VS PROTESTANT BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION

Cruciform

1923831_1107001459322118_2438168756028707822_n.jpg

Questions or Comments?

john w

Hall of Fame
The implication of this thread: "CATHOLIC VS PROTESTANT BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION"-

What scripture do you Romans cite, to "prove" that us "unlearned and ignorant men"(Acts 4:13 KJV), are not to interpret scripture, and that this must be left to a bunch of "ecclesiastic" clowns, in clown outfits, known us papa/pope Frankie, in conjunction with "The Magisterium," to set us country bumpkins straight? Chapter, verse.

DAN P

The implication of this thread: "CATHOLIC VS PROTESTANT BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION"-

What scripture do you Romans cite, to "prove" that us "unlearned and ignorant men"(Acts 4:13 KJV), are not to interpret scripture, and that this must be left to a bunch of "ecclesiastic" clowns, in clown outfits, known us papa/pope Frankie, in conjunction with "The Magisterium," to set us country bumpkins straight? Chapter, verse.

Hi and reply to Gal 2:14 " If thou being a Jew , liveth after the manner of GENTILES , and not as do the Jews , why COMPELLEST thou thr GENTILES TO LIVE AFTER THE JEWS and I will answer ANY verse for you , IF YOU ASK ME TO !!

DAN P

Cruciform

Which is unbiblcal? Both. There is nothing in scripture about how to interpret scripture so, by definition, neither can be biblical.
Given that your claim here rests entirely on the 16th-century Protestant assumption of sola scriptura---and since the notion of sola scriptura is itself completely unbiblical (and so directly refutes itself)---your claim here merely falls flat.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Given that your claim here rests entirely on the 16th-century Protestant assumption of sola scriptura---and since the notion of sola scriptura is itself completely unbiblical (and so directly refutes itself)---your claim here merely falls flat.

So my claim that we should turn to God in prayer to understand His will falls flat. Your position is that we should trust a council of men to better understand God's will than God Himself. Would you care to differ with that?