Christ obtained Eternal Redemption for us !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Heb 9:12

neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Who are the us here ? Of course its believers, however they were not always believers. But nevertheless believers or not, if Christ died for one, He for that one has already for them, obtained eternal redemption, even before they are given Faith to believe, but their believing is certain since they already have eternal redemption !

beloved57

Even in their native ungodliness and unbelief by nature, men and women Christ died for have eternal redemption, yes before its applied to them experientially. The word redemption here in Heb 9:12 is the greek word lytrōsis and means:
  1. a ransoming, redemption
  2. deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin
All for whom Christ died, was made a ransom for, enter into this world already delivered from the penalty of sin ! Even for the sin of unbelief, they are delivered from the penalty of it. God does not and will not impute sin unto them for Christs redemption sake !

beloved57

Christ having obtained Eternal Redemption for us, ensures a Spiritual work within us to bring us to believe. Heb 13:20-21

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Now is Faith wellpleasing in His sight ? Yes lets read Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

beloved57

Whats involved in this eternal redemption ?

I agree with Mr Poole who wrote:

i.e. deliverance of their guilty persons from eternal death, full remission of all their sins, Romans 3:25,26, full reconciliation to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19,21, with an instating them into all spiritual good. This work is styled

Hence agrees with Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Also remission of sins is related to Justification, so this eternal redemption results in full justification for eternity !

Nanja

neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Who are the us here ? Of course its believers, however they were not always believers. But nevertheless believers or not, if Christ died for one, He for that one has already for them, obtained eternal redemption, even before they are given Faith to believe, but their believing is certain since they already have eternal redemption !

Amen Brother! According to Scripture it's clear that the US here that Christ obtained eternal redemption for is the Seed of Abraham:

Heb. 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels;
but he took on him the seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16.

Thus it was for this Seed alone, Christ's Seed Eph. 1:4 that He obtained Eternal Redemption for Gal. 3:16.

Nanja

Even in their native ungodliness and unbelief by nature, men and women Christ died for have eternal redemption, yes before its applied to them experientially. The word redemption here in Heb 9:12 is the greek word lytrōsis and means:
All for whom Christ died, was made a ransom for, enter into this world already delivered from the penalty of sin ! Even for the sin of unbelief, they are delivered from the penalty of it. God does not and will not impute sin unto them for Christs redemption sake !

Exactly Brother, because Christ's Blood was the ransom price for all of the many He gave Himself for 1 Tim.2:6 they were forever freed from the penalty of sin; yes even unbelief. Also, because of the fact that Christ was made a ransom for them, they were forever set free from the penalty of eternal death Rev. 21:8!

beloved57

Nanja

Amen Brother! According to Scripture it's clear that the US here that Christ obtained eternal redemption for is the Seed of Abraham:

Heb. 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels;
but he took on him the seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16.

Excellent point !

Thus it was for this Seed alone, Christ's Seed Eph. 1:4 that He obtained Eternal Redemption for Gal. 3:16.

Amen Sister Nanja

beloved57

Exactly Brother, because Christ's Blood was the ransom price for all of the many He gave Himself for 1 Tim.2:6 they were forever freed from the penalty of sin; yes even unbelief. Also, because of the fact that Christ was made a ransom for them, they were forever set free from the penalty of eternal death Rev. 21:8!

Amen, sound doctrine indeed !

Nanja

Christ having obtained Eternal Redemption for us, ensures a Spiritual work within us to bring us to believe. Heb 13:20-21

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Now is Faith wellpleasing in His sight ? Yes lets read Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Amen Brother!

Now Christ as being the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and since He fulfilled His Legal obligations to His Father for their sins on their behalf; a great blessing shall yet occur in them; a good work that begins in every one of them Phil. 1:6, and while they are yet dead in sin: A Good Work of the Spirit that gives them Spiritual Life, giving them Faith Gal. 5:22 in fulfillment of a Covenant Promise:

Ezek. 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Just exactly as Paul stated in Heb. 13:21:

Heb. 13:21- Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Nanja

Whats involved in this eternal redemption ?

I agree with Mr Poole who wrote:

Hence agrees with Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Also remission of sins is related to Justification, so this eternal redemption results in full justification for eternity !

Amen Brother !

beloved57

Amen Brother!

Now Christ as being the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and since He fulfilled His Legal obligations to His Father for their sins on their behalf; a great blessing shall yet occur in them; a good work that begins in every one of them Phil. 1:6, and while they are yet dead in sin: A Good Work of the Spirit that gives them Spiritual Life, giving them Faith Gal. 5:22 in fulfillment of a Covenant Promise:

Ezek. 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Just exactly as Paul stated in Heb. 13:21:

Heb. 13:21- Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Exactly Sister

DAN P

Hi B 57 and the Greek word HYTROSIS / REMDEMTION does mean DELIVERANCE , or FROM THE PENALTY OF SIN , but here is it speaking about Israel and that Greek word is a NOUN , and in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , SINGULAR AND IS FEMININE !

So what does does , " Not with the blood of GOATS and CALVES point to ??

Start in Gen 3:21 , and what does that POINT TOO ?

dan p

beloved57

Hi B 57 and the Greek word HYTROSIS / REMDEMTION does mean DELIVERANCE , or FROM THE PENALTY OF SIN , but here is it speaking about Israel and that Greek word is a NOUN , and in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , SINGULAR AND IS FEMININE !

So what does does , " Not with the blood of GOATS and CALVES point to ??

Start in Gen 3:21 , and what does that POINT TOO ?

dan p

False statements. It's talking about the Sheep or the the body of Christ the Church

Right Divider

Body part
False statements. It's talking about the Sheep or the the body of Christ the Church

Paul is the ONLY apostle that uses the body analogy... no other apostle or prophets does that.

Paul NEVER calls the body of Christ "sheep".... NEVER.

1Co 12:5-6 KJV And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. (6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Last edited:

marke

You make a common error circulated by unlearned Bible scholars. God purchased the field (the world) so that He could take possession of the treasure in the field (the elect.)
Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

beloved57

You make a common error circulated by unlearned Bible scholars. God purchased the field (the world) so that He could take possession of the treasure in the field (the elect.)
Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
You dont know what you talking about.

marke

Very bad students of the Bible come up with all sorts of foolishness which is not the truth, but errors. For example, some believe that God selects some humans for mercy while having no desire to show mercy on others for personal reasons. That is, of course, a lie, but that does not stop cultists from adhering to the false doctrines their cult teaches.

DAN P

And WRONGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Gen 3:21 means this The Hebrew word MADE / ASA , stem in the QAL , means to know and is in the Heb. IMPERFECT TENSE .
And CLOTHED THEM is in the stem , HIPHIL , which means to make known or to declare who was clothing them and also in the Heb . IMPERFECT TENSE ,
The IMPERFECT TENSE means that the clothing STARTED and then STOPPED .

This is what is called ATONEMENT , and CHRIST started ATONEMENT .

When did ATONENET then stop , in Acts 28:28 and Israel has been set aside for over 2000 years and the only way that CHRIST is now dealing with Israel is in 2 Cor 3:15-18. and will NOT deal with Israel as a NATION until Rom 11:26 , where the BODY of CHRIST is taken to HEAVEN .

dan p

beloved57

The obtaining of Eternal Redemption makes certain the operation of it for all whom it was obtained. For Christ procured eternal redemption in order to bequeath its eternal benefits out from it upon them it was obtained, namely the heirs of God, joint heirs with Him, the Chosen of God Eph 1:4 !

Status
Not open for further replies.