Clarification on fellowship week.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fellowship week doesn't mean you can't argue. It just means you have to be civil to one another.

Lets use an example....

NON FELLOWSHIP WEEK EXAMPLE:

Poster #1 says: I think guns are evil and they make people murder each other.

Poster #2 says: What kind of an idiot are you? A gun is morally neutral, like a knife or an axe. People like you are so incredibly ignorant, and its people like you who are an embarrassment to our American society. You should be ashamed and you should go stick your head in a microwave oven and turn on the juice. You sicken me you pile of cow dung.

FELLOWSHIP WEEK EXAMPLE:

Poster #1 says: I think guns are evil and they make people murder each other.

Poster #2 says: A gun is morally neutral, like a knife or an axe. A gun can be used for good just as much as it could be used for evil. Studies show that gun's can be an effective deterrent to crime.

THEREFORE....
Fellowship week is not to avoid debate but only to avoid the gratuitous name calling and insults. Maybe credit your opponent with a good point, maybe tell one of your arch enemies about a quality they possess that you respect. Just take a week to smell the roses. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Re: Clarification on fellowship week.

Originally posted by Knight
Fellowship week doesn't mean you can't argue. It just means you have to be civil to one another.

THEREFORE....
Fellowship week is not to avoid debate but only to avoid the gratuitous name calling and insults. Maybe credit your opponent with a good point, maybe tell one of your arch enemies about a quality they possess that you respect. Just take a week to smell the roses. :D

Hear, hear! Good point, Sir Knight! (Or should that be Cap'n?)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Clarification on fellowship week.

Re: Re: Clarification on fellowship week.

Originally posted by Zakath

Hear, hear! Good point, Sir Knight! (Or should that be Cap'n?)
:)