Comments on Bob Enyart's Proposed New US Constitution

ranchkid

Interesting. I just checked some of the reputation votes and comments from you folks, and I have to wonder - are you all this vitriolic in your real lives, or is it just behind "closed doors"?

Is it that important to look good, to publicly demonstrate your Christian "kindness" while twisting a knife in somebody's back?

Just wondering.

The vitriolic comments I received were in response to some direct questioning about Bob Enyart's proposed criminal justice system, as espoused on his site Shadowgov.com. SierraJim has pasted several excerpts at length.

So, respond to me PUBLICLY - particularly those of you who are US citizens and PARTICULARLY those of you who have taken an oath to defend and uphold the US Constitution -

Is THIS what you want to see implemented in this country? Do you want to throw out the US Constitution and replace it with a Christian Sharia?

Here it is, in all its glory:

http://www.shadowgov.com/Constitution/ConstitutionOfAmerica.html

ranchkid

Hey, that's fine. If you guys don't want to defend your thoughts, more power to you.

Just need to point up the hypocrisy for what it is.

I see I'm getting more negative comments, this time about my post professing my own Christianity. Guess I'm just not Christian enough for you?

I'm Christian enough for God. We get along just fine. If I'm good enough for Him it ought to be good enough for you.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, that's fine. If you guys don't want to defend your thoughts, more power to you.

I see I'm getting more negative comments, this time about my post professing my own Christianity. Guess I'm just not Christian enough for you?

I'm Christian enough for God. We get along just fine. If I'm good enough for Him it ought to be good enough for you.
Of course you get along with your god just fine. That's why you invented it isn't it?

ranchkid

Of course you get along with your god just fine. That's why you invented it isn't it?

Actually, no. The God I know is the Christian God, just not the one force-fed to me as a child by evangelicals.

And I do know this - I am NOT all-knowing. That's God's job. I do my best to listen when He speaks, and I can't listen to His words when I'm shouting my own interpretations.

How often do you get your own head out of the way and really listen to what He has to say? Because if you actually listened you'd learn that hatred isn't one of the qualities He encourages.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

That sounds logical, perhaps you should go to another forum which gives the hugs kisses to anyone who says they are Christian?:cloud9:

ranchkid

So are you willing to take on the real topic of this thread, namely Enyart's proposed replacement for the US Constitution, or would you rather just continue thinking I'm just not Christian enough for you?

ranchkid

That sounds logical, perhaps you should go to another for which gives the hugs kisses to anyone who says they are Christian?:cloud9:

So who are you to judge my faith? Again, isn't that God's job?

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.​

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So are you willing to take on the real topic of this thread, namely Enyart's proposed replacement for the US Constitution, or would you rather just continue thinking I'm just not Christian enough for you?
When you assert that God does not want rapists and murderers dead you are not qualified to question anyone with the courage to stand up for what God says.

I suggest you show some humility toward your betters. And if that really is beyond you, you could call into Pastor Enyart's show tomorrow. 3:00-3:30 MDT 800-ENYART, I believe the number is. You should be able to set him straight with God's word.

killswitch

BANNED
Banned
obviously
you hate america.

bob for president!

ranchkid

When you assert that God does not want rapists and murderers dead you are not qualified to question anyone with the courage to stand up for what God says.

I suggest you show some humility toward your betters. And if that really is beyond you, you could call into Pastor Enyart's show tomorrow. 3:00-3:30 MDT 800-ENYART, I believe the number is. You should be able to set him straight with God's word.

So is God's name Bob now?

Does he have a red hotline phone?

Isn't that what the reformation was all about - getting the "priests" out of the way so that we could have a personal relationship with God?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the real topic of this thread?

The ShadowGov constitution or "Comments on postings"? Maybe before you cry foul you should get your own act together. :)

Also.... not everyone is neg repping you, I for one rarely if ever neg rep.

Racy Woodblock

BANNED
Banned

The ShadowGov constitution or "Comments on postings"? Maybe before you cry foul you should get your own act together. :)

Also.... not everyone is neg repping you, I for one rarely if ever neg rep.

That shadow government stuff is scary. As messed up as our political situation is now, i wouldn't want to see what some people are calling for.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, respond to me PUBLICLY - particularly those of you who are US citizens and PARTICULARLY those of you who have taken an oath to defend and uphold the US Constitution
Haven't you ever wondered what you would do if you could start your own country? We had classes like that in high-school and I always enjoyed exploring my ideology.

- What laws would be enforced?
- How would the government be structured?
- How would your tax system operate?

That's what the ShadowGov constitution is. It's an exercise in government.

Me thinks you are getting a bit too paranoid.

ranchkid

Heh - I left the tail ends of my act hanging out on some response re: an old song I made on another thread. ;)

I seriously want to hear what some of these folks have to say in defense of the proposed replacement constitution as posted on ShadowGov. SierraJim brought it up elsewhere and the thread got derailed. This one is in danger of having the same thing happen.

Personally, I find that document frightening, and I am having a hard time reconciling it with people on this board's self-identification as "right wingers" or whatever. Aren't conservatives supposed to be about a more narrow interpretation of the existing document, rather than throwing it out with the bathwater?

Is is possible to change the title of the thread to something along the lines of "Comments on Bob Enyart's Proposed New US Constitution" or something like that?

And, yes - I have a real problem with what some of these people are willing to say privately but not publicly. If you (greater "you" here) want to defend the document in question - fine. Own up to it publicly so we can all debate it. Saying things to the effect that I'm no Christian because I want to take God out of the constitution because I have a problem with Enyart's proposed replacement is ludicrous on its face.