COVID-19 vs. US Daily Average Cause of Death

Aimiel

Seems to me that too many of the deaths are attributed to COVID-19 that are actually pre-existing condition related rather than actually COVID-19. Heart conditions, diabetes, COPD, age, etc..

Statistics are inflated, IMHO, due to over-reporting and classifying too many deaths as COVID-19 related with no testing. I found this article and graphic interesting:

https://time.com/5798168/coronavirus-mortality-rate/

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Seems to me that too many of the deaths are attributed to COVID-19 that are actually pre-existing condition related rather than actually COVID-19. Heart conditions, diabetes, COPD, age, etc..

Statistics are inflated, IMHO, due to over-reporting and classifying too many deaths as COVID-19 related with no testing. I found this article and graphic interesting:

https://time.com/5798168/coronavirus-mortality-rate/

From that link:

"The mortality rate in South Korea, where more than 1,100 tests have been administered per million residents, comes out to just 0.6%, for example. In the U.S., where only seven tests have been administered per million residents, the mortality rate is above 5%."

A mortality rate of 0.6% in South Korea means that COVID-19 is still 6 times as deadly as influenza is here, but South Korea is performing much more aggressive testing of its citizens--and quarantining of those who test positive--than we are in the USA. For example: South Korea has implemented aggressive contact-tracing apps to track a person’s detailed whereabouts

South Korea has done much that we haven't even thought of doing here to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Consequently, they have pretty much nipped their problem in the bud and prevented the virus from infecting many of the more vulnerable people in their country. that's why their mortality rate of 0.6% is much lower than ours, which is 4.5% at last check.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Look where the US is in comparison with other countries, even with our "stay at home orders," businesses and schools closed, wearing masks in public, and social distancing, and then imagine how much worse it would be if we weren't doing any of those things:

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Trump is in quite a quandary. His more rabid supporters want the country to go back to normal NOW, and Trump is scared to lose his base, so he tweets out support for their protest in violation of his own administration's coronavirus guidelines. He's trying to play both sides now. I wonder, which side will win?

Aimiel

The only persons in this country who are 'rabid' is anyone who thinks that any Democrat deserves a single vote and those who hate Trump, even when he does the best job as POTUS in over 65 years; and they probably fit into both categories. The rest are merely mental patients that President Reagan let loose.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Whatever. You going to vote for Biden?

No, at this point I don't plan on voting at all. As things stand now, I think that Trump will probably get reelected. Biden is senile so I don't expect much performance from him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems kick Biden to the curb and draft Cuomo into the race and give their nomination to him. I doubt it, but I wouldn't rule that out as a back-up plan.

Aimiel

No, at this point I don't plan on voting at all. As things stand now, I think that Trump will probably get reelected. Biden is senile so I don't expect much performance from him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems kick Biden to the curb and draft Cuomo into the race and give their nomination to him. I doubt it, but I wouldn't rule that out as a back-up plan.
I expected they would have done that already. Makes more sense than backing someone who's not fit to be Patient President in a nursing home.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I expected they would have done that already. Makes more sense than backing someone who's not fit to be Patient President in a nursing home.

It just goes to show how pathetic the Dems are that they propped up Biden to be their nominee in the first place.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

what absolutely amazes me is the hypocrisy of the "me-too" left, the radical feminists, who insisted that Kavanaugh be eviscerated on the basis of the unlikely, uncorroborated 35 year old claims of some menopausal nutjob and the even more bizarre and unbelievable claims of those who followed her, but are willing to ignore the claims of Tara Reade and seven other women, who have believable claims against Creepy Joe Biden's habits of perverse behavior and sexual assault

including the great hypocrite himself:
When it comes to #MeToo sexual misconduct issues, former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Party's presumptive 2020 presidential nominee, has made it no secret where he stands: automatically believe women. "For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you've got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she's talking about is real," said Biden during the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who faced accusations that as a teenager he had assaulted a woman at a party.

https://reason.com/2020/03/26/joe-biden-tara-reade-sexual-assault-me-too-believe-women/

If I were Trump and in a face to face debate with Biden, I would latch onto this and bring every question back to it

Aimiel

what absolutely amazes me is the hypocrisy of the "me-too" left, the radical feminists, who insisted that Kavanaugh be eviscerated on the basis of the unlikely, uncorroborated 35 year old claims of some menopausal nutjob and the even more bizarre and unbelievable claims of those who followed her, but are willing to ignore the claims of Tara Reade and seven other women, who have believable claims against Creepy Joe Biden's habits of perverse behavior and sexual assault
It doesn't amaze me, it pisses me off, but no amazement here. I'm amazed every day at Fancy Nancy the Ice Cream Queen and her pet: Shifty Schiff. I'm amazed that clown acts like Gretchen Whitmer get elected, much less STAY in their offices. We need to march into the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. and carry Pelosi outside and coat her with tar and feathers and run her out of our country. :angrymob:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The Lamestream Media had nothing but glowing poetry for the Magic Negro who nearly sent this country back in time to 1960's racial tensions.

It would appear that the racial tensions were coming from those who used racist terms such as "Magic Negro" to refer to Obama. :think: