• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Devil's Tower is really just the petrified stump of an ancient, giant tree!

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Obviously! Because it has some resemblance in shape to some regular-sized tree trunks we commonly see.

AF1QipPZHokZj7Ej19G4uMf33k4cc5NFqL-DAbSrO28U=s1360-w1360-h1020

And, apparently most everything else on the earth that we are wont to call a "mountain" is not really a mountain, but is actually just the remains of a tree that was at one time perhaps miles in height! What tickles me, though, is the thought that at least some who would ask us to take that idea seriously would also like to try to curry favor with Bible believers by telling us that they, too, believe in a global flood. But, here's the thing: clearly they refuse to believe the Bible Truth concerning the global flood of Noah's day. In fact, by telling us that mountains aren't actually mountains, and are actually giant trees instead, they are contradicting what Moses wrote in (for instance) Genesis 7:20:

Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

These "mountains are actually tree stumps" jokers might have a jolly time trying to account for why Moses explicitly tells us that the mountains were covered by the flood waters, and does not bother to explicitly name trees (nor any of a multitude of other, smaller objects featured on the earth) as having been flood-covered.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Obviously! Because it has some resemblance in shape to some regular-sized tree trunks we commonly see.

AF1QipPZHokZj7Ej19G4uMf33k4cc5NFqL-DAbSrO28U=s1360-w1360-h1020

Could it be the remains of a tree? Perhaps.

Just in case:

And, apparently most everything else on the earth that we are wont to call a "mountain" is not really a mountain, but is actually just the remains of a tree that was at one time perhaps miles in height!

That seems to be a pretty bold claim, and not in a good way. One would have to demonstrate a few examples.

What tickles me, though, is the thought that at least some who would ask us to take that idea seriously would also like to try to curry favor with Bible believers by telling us that they, too, believe in a global flood. But, here's the thing: clearly they refuse to believe the Bible Truth concerning the global flood of Noah's day. In fact, by telling us that mountains aren't actually mountains, and are actually giant trees instead, they are contradicting what Moses wrote in (for instance) Genesis 7:20:

These "mountains are actually tree stumps" jokers might have a jolly time trying to account for why Moses explicitly tells us that the mountains were covered by the flood waters, and does not bother to explicitly name trees (nor any of a multitude of other, smaller objects featured on the earth) as having been flood-covered.

I think if Devil's Tower is a petrified tree stump, there's one tree in scripture that comes to mind, and it somewhat explains why it's called "Devil's Tower," that it could potentially be the remains of, and that's the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I think if Devil's Tower is a petrified tree stump, there's one tree in scripture that comes to mind, and it somewhat explains why it's called "Devil's Tower," that it could potentially be the remains of, and that's the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
So the Garden of Eden was in northeastern Wyoming? Except I'm pretty sure that the Bible describes the location of Eden as being somewhere near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers (Genesis 2:10-14), which are nowhere near Wyoming.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So the Garden of Eden was in northeastern Wyoming?

Nowhere did I imply such.

Perhaps the stump was launched by the fountains, and landed in what we now call Wyoming.

Except I'm pretty sure that the Bible describes the location of Eden as being somewhere near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers (Genesis 2:10-14), which are nowhere near Wyoming.

Just want to point out that the earth did roll during the flood.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
During the events surrounding the flood, a lot of places moved.
Wow, that's a lot of moving. Did the stump of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil move to Wyoming, or did the Tigris and Euphrates rivers move from Wyoming to Western Asia?

7djengo7

Could it be the remains of a tree?
I doubt it.
That seems to be a pretty bold claim, and not in a good way.
It's a downright asinine claim, really.
You know, I'd not be too surprised to see someone claiming that Devil's Tower is actually the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Probably already a YouTube video for that.

7djengo7

Lack of evidence is not evidence.
It seems @Right Divider was pointing out the fact that your inability to see tree rings while looking upon the surface of Devil's Tower is not evidence that Devil's Tower does not have tree rings. I don't think anyone here is claiming that Devil's Tower is actually a tree. My main purpose for this thread was to point out that the unusual claim that the mountains we see around the world today are really ancient trees petrified, can't harmonize with the Biblical flood account, despite the fact that some who promote that claim may happen to also profess to believe what Moses wrote about the flood.

@User Name, our resident DTDS patient on TOL, was, I take it, mainly drawn to this thread by the initials of the name, "Devil's Tower". (Just kidding, UN. You know I love ya, man.)