Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Did Our Dad Die in Vain?

This is the show from Wednesday, September 29th, 2021

SUMMARY:

Join us for Bob's memorial service this Saturday Oct 2nd, 2021 at Applewood Baptist Church. Doors open at 9:00am. If you can't make it, the service will be live streamed on YouTube. Please share and make sure to set a reminder!

[video:
theme:dark color:red provider:youtube align:center]

1 Corinthians 15:55, "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"

Today, Bob's two youngest sons, Dominic and Michael, ask the very difficult question, "Did our dad die in vain?" Bob's passing caused a lot of people to reflect on their own beliefs about COVID-19, the vaccine, mask mandates and social distancing. The Enyarts reminisce about Bob while covering vaccines and the concern that they were developed, produced, or tested on cell lines which originated from aborted babies.

AirBrush_20210507161953.jpg

Blessing Bob's Wife, Cheryl
Pastor Bob Enyart, known for his unwavering Pro-Life work, daily radio show, and Christian ministry, has gone to be with the Lord at the age of 62. After a week of caring for his wife, who had recently contracted COVID-19, Bob was admitted into Lutheran Medical Center, where he passed away. We are all devastated by his loss.

Everyone who knew Bob, knew that his dedication to serving the Lord and serving others was immense. Always willing to drop everything, and run to help anyone in need. Even as he neared death, he cared for his family. He honored the Lord his entire life, bringing untold thousands to Christ. Before heading into the ICU, the last thing Bob reminded us was that, "God is good, all the time."

His death leaves his wife, Cheryl, in a difficult financial situation. She's unprepared for the high cost of a funeral service, medical bills, and living expenses. We want to give Bob the memorial he deserves, and to bless his wife by removing any financial burdens.

We humbly ask for your prayers and financial support, if you are at all able. We are so very grateful for every donation during this difficult time.

Stone Mason

Its an interesting question that his children posed. "Did our Dad die in vain?" In some respects no - He was making a point that he believed with his whole heart was the right thing to do. In some respects yes - The stem cells that were used in testing the vaccine's efficacy are not used to make the actual vaccine. No child was saved by Bob not taking the vaccine that could have saved his life. In fact you could say that he abrogated his responsibility to his family, leaving the in a "difficult financial situation", when he didn't have to. This reminds me of
Matt 12:10-14
10 And behold, there was a man with a withered hand. And they questioned Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?" — in order that they might accuse Him. 11 And He said to them, "What man shall there be among you, who shall have one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it, and lift it out? 12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath." 13 Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand!" And he stretched it out, and it was restored to normal, like the other.
NASB

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Its an interesting question that his children posed. "Did our Dad die in vain?" In some respects no - He was making a point that he believed with his whole heart was the right thing to do.
I strongly suspect that Enyart would not have chosen to rebel against the best medical recommendations we have for dealing with this pandemic if he had really known that it would cost him his life in less than one year. In doing so, he not only sealed his own fate, he also jeopardized the health and lives of many more.

The stem cells that were used in testing the vaccine's efficacy are not used to make the actual vaccine. No child was saved by Bob not taking the vaccine that could have saved his life. In fact you could say that he abrogated his responsibility to his family, leaving the in a "difficult financial situation", when he didn't have to.

Well said. This was a self-inflicted tragedy. As Jesus told Saul, "It is hard for you to kick against the goads." And it is best not to rebel against sound medical recommendations for dealing with a potentially deadly pandemic.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My condolences to the family. I cannot fault him for standing up for what he believed to be true and the right thing to do. God weighs the spirits. God will honor him in the end.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits. - Proverbs 16:2. It is his motives before the LORD that count, not really which side of the vaccine debate he is on.

In Jeremiah Chapter 35 there is a group of people called the Rechabites that faithfully followed the commands of their father because they believed it was the right thing to do.

Go unto the house of the Rechabites, and speak unto them, and bring them into the house of the Lord, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.
Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habaziniah, and his brethren, and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites;
And I brought them into the house of the Lord, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan, the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door:
And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine.
But they said, We will drink no wine: for Jonadab the son of Rechab our father commanded us, saying, Ye shall drink no wine, neither ye, nor your sons for ever:

Jeremiah 35: 2-6

Now there really is not any biblical injunction for Israel or even Christians to live like Rechabites.

And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you:
Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

Jeremiah 35: 18-19

As much as I hate the current run of vaccine misinformation because I watched its genesis, I know people who hate Christians and the US started it. This shouldn't be the place to criticize or hate Bob for the decisions he made. He had pure motives for it.