But not a word of it was true
If there's nothing you can say
There may be nothing you can do

Stand and deliver
Stand and deliver
Dick Turpin wore a mask too

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The reaction to this song by the political left says everything about how the culture of the left has been taken over by the totalitarians. A song that stands for liberty and freedom for the individual is now an anathema to the left.
And that is even more fascinating when you figure that Clapton is still most likely a leftist. Does anyone thing he is a conservative?

Gary K

Banned
And that is even more fascinating when you figure that Clapton is still most likely a leftist. Does anyone thing he is a conservative?
Clapton is no conservative, but he's been singing songs about liberty and protesting what he saw as abuse of power for quite a few decades. To a certain extent that is the basis of rock-and-roll itself. It arose out of the protest songs of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger clear back in the 1930s and 1940s. Then the younger protestors came along: Peter, Paul and Mary, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, etc... I don't agree with much of rock-and-roll's argumentation and goals as rock-and-roll's messaging is pretty much outright opposed to Christianity and Christianity's moral values and love for God, but the connection between rebellion against "the man" and rock-and-roll is very well established.

Gary K

Banned
I don't know how much you know about the roots of rock-and-roll but here's a video of some of the early stars that crossed over from folk music and made big names in rock-and-roll in the 60's and 70's.