• No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
You can't lose true salvation, no. But you don't fall in and out of salvation according to your sins either which is what Catholic doctrine teaches.
And
Neither do you just make a statement of faith one day and are eternally saved.

All these things ultimately fail- the real core of salvation is in Calvin's Eternal Security. Basically, a person is eternally secured only if that person actually lives up to it- if they falter than they were never saved to begin with; it was a fictitious salvation altogether.
The idea is that if a person truly receives God, they not only will not but cannot reject that working.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus might blot out your name from the Book of Life. Rev 3:5 I think it is. /Close thread
John 10:28-30 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.

Thread open

binyamin7

Thread not open. I can believe that while not ignoring Rev 3:5. You would have to completely ignore Rev 3:5 to keep your doctrine so it is false. I bet it makes you happy inside though, but if it isn't what God said you are creating an idol- making God what you want Him to be and not what He revealed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thread not open. I can believe that while not ignoring Rev 3:5. You would have to completely ignore Rev 3:5 to keep your doctrine so it is false. I bet it makes you happy inside though, but if it isn't what God said you are creating an idol- making God what you want Him to be and not what He revealed.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense at all. Do you believe you can loose your salvation. A simple yes or no will suffice.

genuineoriginal

Are you trying to tell me that even though the Father seals you with the Holy Spirit that you can somehow become unsealed
A seal is put on something to authenticate it.

1 Kings 21:8
8 So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth.​

Do you believe that you will still have the Holy Spirit as a seal to authenticate you after you lose your faith?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

8 So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth.​

Do you believe that you will still have the Holy Spirit as a seal to authenticate you after you lose your faith?

I never said I lost my faith or my salvation. I believe that that is a lie from the pit of Hell. Salvation can not be lost.

genuineoriginal

I never said I lost my faith or my salvation. I believe that that is a lie from the pit of Hell. Salvation can not be lost.
The idea that Salvation can not be lost could very well be a lie from the pit of Hell.

1 Corinthians 10:11-12
11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.​

Do you believe a person that loses his faith will still have the Holy Spirit as a seal to authenticate him?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The idea that Salvation can not be lost could very well be a lie from the pit of Hell.

Do you believe a person that loses his faith will still have the Holy Spirit as a seal to authenticate him?

I told you. A person cannot loose their salvation!!! If you believe something else that is your choice.

genuineoriginal

I told you. A person cannot loose their salvation!!!
You can't lose what you haven't received yet.
Since we do not receive salvation until the return of Jesus, nobody can lose their salvation.
However, a person can lose their faith and a person that is not in the faith when they die will not receive salvation.
The twisted thinking that a person has already received their salvation during a random moment of true belief is the lie straight from the pit of hell.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can't lose what you haven't received yet.
Since we do not receive salvation until the return of Jesus, nobody can lose their salvation.
However, a person can lose their faith and a person that is not in the faith when they die will not receive salvation.
The twisted thinking that a person has already received their salvation during a random moment of true belief is the lie straight from the pit of hell.

What in the world are you saying??? Who ever told you that you cannot receive salvation until Jesus return. Would you care to quote Book, Chapter and verse that says that!

genuineoriginal

What in the world are you saying???
I am saying you have been deceived into thinking that you already received your salvation during some random moment of true belief.
That is not the way salvation works.

Paul taught that we are still waiting for our salvation.

Romans 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.​

Peter taught that salvation was something to be received at the END of your faith.

1 Peter 1:9
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.​

Jesus taught that eternal life is something we receive in the world to come and not in this time.

Mark 10:30
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.​

Paul taught that eternal life is given to those who seek for it by patiently continuing to do what is right.

Romans 2:7
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:​

Paul taught that we hope for eternal life because of a promise that God made.

Titus 1:2
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;​

Jude taught that we have to keep ourselves in the love of God to receive eternal life.

Jude 1:21
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.​

Jesus taught that you have to endure until the end to be saved.

Matthew 10:22
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.​