First Lady sticks it to the Saudis

shagster01

There was controversy in Saudi Arabia when Michelle Obama refused to cover her head, and even wore pants, while on a condolence visit after the death of the King Abdullah.

Some reports are even saying state TV blurred her out.

Story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/michelle-obama-headscarf-saudi-arabia_n_6559124.html

This is what she wore:

n-MICHELLE-OBAMA-SAUDI-ARABIA-large.jpg

As opposed to what Bush wears when he goes there:

Bush-Saudi1.jpg

. . . And does when he goes there. . .

bush_prince_abdullah_kiss_hold_hands___carpentersvilleplayhouse_files_wordpress_com.jpg

Who is accused of being Muslim/Muslim lovers?

bybee

There was controversy in Saudi Arabia when Michelle Obama refused to cover her head, and even wore pants, while on a condolence visit after the death of the King Abdullah.

Story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/michelle-obama-headscarf-saudi-arabia_n_6559124.html

This is what she wore:

n-MICHELLE-OBAMA-SAUDI-ARABIA-large.jpg

As opposed to what Bush wears when he goes there:

Bush-Saudi1.jpg

. . . And does when he goes there. . .

bush_prince_abdullah_kiss_hold_hands___carpentersvilleplayhouse_files_wordpress_com.jpg

Who is accused of being Muslim/Muslim lovers?

You are comparing apples and oranges. You are too intelligent to throw out this comparison for our consideration.

rexlunae

There were some reports that seemed reliable that said that it wasn't true that Saudi TV blurred her out, but that it had been done by whoever uploaded it to YouTube. Also, did you notice the other woman behind her, also uncovered and wearing a business suit? It can't have been *that* outlandish in the setting.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There were some reports that seemed reliable that said that it wasn't true that Saudi TV blurred her out, but that it had been done by whoever uploaded it to YouTube. Also, did you notice the other woman behind her, also uncovered and wearing a business suit? It can't have been *that* outlandish in the setting.

That's correct, according to WaPo. They also posted the video, and in the part I viewed, I counted three other women without headcoverings. Frankly, I wouldn't have minded either decision, I think there's good reasoning behind each. Either simple respect for another country's customs (when in Rome...) or an equally respectful decision to keep her own custom.

bybee

That's correct, according to WaPo. They also posted the video, and in the part I viewed, I counted three other women without headcoverings. Frankly, I wouldn't have minded either decision, I think there's good reasoning behind each. Either simple respect for another country's customs (when in Rome...) or an equally respectful decision to keep her own custom.

Well said!

rexlunae

Yeah, I would have been fine with either. It's her body and her choice, though it is unfortunate that it is only her status as a foreign dignitary that affords her the choice.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

:shock: you mean the huffington post lied about her being blurred out?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No. Huffington post didn't mention it. Other sources did.

Read the article.

Why would i need to, you said it and immediately after said read more here, so you added to what the article said in a way that it makes the reader believe the article said that?

You should give your own personal comments after the article, so you dont attribute your comments to them. Thanks for clearing up though that what you said wasnt accurate.

shagster01

Why would i need to, you said it and immediately after said read more here, so you added to what the article said in a way that it makes the reader believe the article said that?

You should give your own personal comments after the article, so you dont attribute your comments to them. Thanks for clearing up though that what you said wasnt accurate.

I'm sorry if it was confusing.