God: "I will bless Abraham because he obeyed me."

marke

How hard is that to understand? Who are those who teach that obedience to God is a work to be rejected by God? They are wrong.

Genesis 26:4-6

King James Version

4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

marke

How hard is that to understand? Who are those who teach that obedience to God is a work to be rejected by God? They are wrong.

Genesis 26:4-6​

King James Version​

4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
God rewards obedience and curses disobedience.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28

King James Version

26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.​

TrevorL

Greetings marke and glorydaz,
God: "I will bless Abraham because he obeyed me."
What you have stated is to some extent incomplete. What is required is obedience that comes from or is motivated by an affectionate faith, not obedience to Law.
Obedience was required before the cross.
This is ambiguous, the obedience of faith Romans 1:1-5, 16:25-27 was and is necessary before and after the cross.

Kind regards
Trevor

glorydaz

What you have stated is to some extent incomplete. What is required is obedience that comes from or is motivated by an affectionate faith, not obedience to Law.

This is ambiguous, the obedience of faith Romans 1:1-5, 16:25-27 was and is necessary before and after the cross.

Kind regards
Trevor
Well, it's certainly not necessary for salvation. The obedience of faith is not like obedience to the law. It's being led by the Spirit of God, and trusting in the Lord instead of ourselves.

TrevorL

Greetings again glorydaz,
Well, it's certainly not necessary for salvation.
I understand that we are saved when we hear and affectionately believe the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus and we are thus motivated to be identified with the death and resurrection of Jesus by baptism in water Acts 8:5-6,12. Those who thus respond need to continue in the way of faith and living the crucified and resurrected life Galatians 2:20, Romans 6:1-8. This is a way of life that is obedient.
The obedience of faith is not like obedience to the law.
I agree.
It's being led by the Spirit of God, and trusting in the Lord instead of ourselves.
Yes, but I do not believe that we have "the Spirit of God" as a second voice or direct guidance. We have the Spirit of God when we develop faith and grow in faith and understanding and way of life from hearing and meditating upon the Word of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

marke

Kind regards
Trevor
We know nobody is saved by works but anyone who teaches that God does not honor or require humans to obey is wrong.