"God is No Respector of Persons" Acts 10:34

Robert Pate

Banned
This article should be the end of religion, but it won't be because people believe what they want to believe regardless of what the scriptures say.

There was only one person that God accepted into heaven, that was Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him, simply because God is no respector of persons.

The Colossians were glorying in their Christian lives and Paul had to bring them back to the Gospel, so Paul said to them...

"If you have been risen with Christ then seek those things which are above, where Christ sits at the right hand of God. Set your effections on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:1-3.

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God". "Wait just a minute Paul. Do you mean that God did not chose me to be saved before the foundation of the world?" God is no respector of persons so the answer is NO.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4.

When Jesus lived, we lived in him.
When Jesus died, we died with him.
When Jesus arose from to dead, we arose with him.
When Jesus ascended into heaven we ascended with him.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. That beautifull sinless life that Jesus lived, that is your life. Paul was trying to get the Colossians to see that, this is why he said, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God". And again Paul was trying to get their eyes off of themselves when he said, "When Christ who is OUR LIFE , shall appear, then shall you appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

God does NOTHING individually. All things are done in, by, and through Jesus Christ. "And he (Jesus) is before ALL THINGS and by him all things consist" Colossians 1:17. In the light of this no one has been predestinated (Calvinist). In the light of this no one can be saved by their personal holiness (Catholics). We are saved by being "In Christ". To be in Christ means that you are trusting in Christ alone for your salvation. It is NOT Jesus Christ plus your religion. It is Jesus Christ plus nothing.

Ben Masada

God is no Respecter of Persons Acts 10:34

God is no Respecter of Persons Acts 10:34

If God is indeed no Respecter of Persons, how to you explain Jeremiah 46:28? "...for I will make a full end of all the nations where I have driven you, but I will not make a full end of you, but correct you in measure; yet I will not leave you wholly unpunished." In other translations, the point is that of other nations, I will eventually get rid of them but you, I will only chastise as you deserve. If this is not God being Respecter of Israel in spite of other peoples, what is it?

beloved57

This article should be the end of religion, but it won't be because people believe what they want to believe regardless of what the scriptures say.

There was only one person that God accepted into heaven, that was Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him, simply because God is no respector of persons.

The Colossians were glorying in their Christian lives and Paul had to bring them back to the Gospel, so Paul said to them...

"If you have been risen with Christ then seek those things which are above, where Christ sits at the right hand of God. Set your effections on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:1-3.

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God". "Wait just a minute Paul. Do you mean that God did not chose me to be saved before the foundation of the world?" God is no respector of persons so the answer is NO.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. That beautifull sinless life that Jesus lived, that is your life. Paul was trying to get the Colossians to see that, this is why he said, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God". And again Paul was trying to get their eyes off of themselves when he said, "When Christ who is OUR LIFE , shall appear, then shall you appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

God does NOTHING individually. All things are done in, by, and through Jesus Christ. "And he (Jesus) is before ALL THINGS and by him all things consist" Colossians 1:17. In the light of this no one has been predestinated (Calvinist). In the light of this no one can be saved by their personal holiness (Catholics). We are saved by being "In Christ". To be in Christ means that you are trusting in Christ alone for your salvation. It is NOT Jesus Christ plus your religion. It is Jesus Christ plus nothing.

Invalid comments not supported with scripture !

Zeke

The template of Jesus who was spirit represents everyone born from above, yet this above means within mans temple/mind/Jerusalem where the revelation takes place Gen 32:30, plus there is always two mothers who give birth, one of the flesh/matter Galatians 4:24 and one of the divine/spirit Galatians 4:26, this allegory is about these two natures in Adam not two separated bodies of flesh and blood, the first born of the flesh born under the laws of matter in the which John/Moses where examples who attained greatness in the flesh yet would be least in the Kingdom of heaven Matt 11:11, yet the laws of the spirit transcend these observable laws 2Cor 3:6, and is based on the more excellent way of the spirit 1Cor 13.

Even you're doctrine is based on a historical literal story that makes these two separated natures as actual brothers of the flesh instead of what they really represented in Adam/Man 1Cor 15:45, Luke 17:20-21.

Jerry Shugart

God does NOTHING individually.

Only those who are baptized into the Body of Christ are baptized into His death:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (Ro.6:3-4).​

God the Spirit baptizes "individuals" into the Body of Christ.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
If God is indeed no Respecter of Persons, how to you explain Jeremiah 46:28? "...for I will make a full end of all the nations where I have driven you, but I will not make a full end of you, but correct you in measure; yet I will not leave you wholly unpunished." In other translations, the point is that of other nations, I will eventually get rid of them but you, I will only chastise as you deserve. If this is not God being Respecter of Israel in spite of other peoples, what is it?

Jeremiah was a prophet. God chose him for a purpose.

God chose prophets, Israel, patriarchs, apostles, for the sole purpose of making known to the world the Gospel of his Son Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Only those who are baptized into the Body of Christ are baptized into His death:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (Ro.6:3-4).​

God the Spirit baptizes "individuals" into the Body of Christ.

Only when they come to Christ as repentant sinners.

They are then sealed with the Holy Spirit and are placed "In Christ".

God sees all Christians in his Son Jesus Christ.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Well done, RobertP. There are no two words more revolutionary than "in Christ" in all the universe.

How does one get
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
in Christ?

Interplanner

There is a new covenant Israel, Ben. The science of how the NT uses the OT will show that many passages have been used to show that another group was meant. One line in Isaiah says "It is too small a thing to bring back the remnant from Israel; I will also bring many from the distant islands" (close). But then the next question is: did he mean to Israel? No, it's no longer about that in the NT.

Rabbi Dennis Prager says the Writings and the Prophets are not considered divine in Judaism; only Torah. I think this may be partly because the shift that the NT finally makes completely is already happening in the Prophets.

Interplanner

How does one get
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
in Christ?

Of course, you must believe what the apostles have said has happened in Christ. If you look at Eph 1-3 or Col 1-2, you almost never get away from it. He is saying that in the totality of the Christ event, all those things took place. Read those passages aloud a couple times, it takes your breath away.

For this reason, some people of a particular eschatology get to 2 Cor 5 about the new creation and make a discovery. The verse is not referring to individual changed-lives (although lives are changed). It is referring to all the fundamental things that have changed because God was in Christ. The Greek grammar actually supports this: it should go 'if any man is in Christ the new creation, old things have passed away.' (The emphasis is not on each individual). He was talking about all the faded glory and dismality of the old covenant. So that eschatology group says that the New Creation has already come--in Christ. (I know why they do this, but I can't reconcile it with 2 Pet 3).

We are too prone to look for an experience. Paul once criticized the Corinthians about this; you are comparing yourselves with yourselves (2 Cor 1). To understand what took place in Christ is to get beyond but not detached from our own individual personal experience, and to place all that we find about "in Christ" against the failure of Judaism, the failure of religion in general, and to realize it is historic--once for all time, Jude 1.

Interplanner

RobertP,
Just a note on Colossians. They were being subjected to a sort of neo-Judaism that even claimed to have had first hand contact with the very angels that delivered the Torah to Moses. They were actually glorying in these revelations about the law, which tried to demean what they had in Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
RobertP,
Just a note on Colossians. They were being subjected to a sort of neo-Judaism that even claimed to have had first hand contact with the very angels that delivered the Torah to Moses. They were actually glorying in these revelations about the law, which tried to demean what they had in Christ.

I suppose.

We only glory in Jesus Christ.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"We are too prone to look for an experience. Paul once criticized the Corinthians about this; you are comparing yourselves with yourselves (2 Cor 1). To understand what took place in Christ is to get beyond but not detached from our own individual personal experience..."

We compare ourselves to the standard--Christ--not to some drunk in a ditch (Mt 5:48). There is no good in us (Mk 10:18). We must be found in him (Is. 53:5, 6).

Robert Pate

Banned
Straw Man Fallacy.

No straw man.

Biblical truth. Your old Adamic nature cannot be re-habilitated. You should know that from experience.

We only receive the "first fruits" of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:23.

We still have our sin nature that is prone to sin. it is very apparent that Catholics are sinners. God is not the minister of sin.