Hebrew Roots/Torah and You

wonderingjew

SShalom every one! While Leviticus 23 is held as completely dismiss-able by most "Christian" seminaries and the fourth commandment is entirely aborted, I do not feel that this will continue much longer. As a Jewish believer in Messiah (Moshiac), I hope and believe that Zechariah 14 will soon come to pass and the Christian will bring the Spirit, (Ruach Ha'Kodesh) to the Jewish people.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
SShalom every one! While Leviticus 23 is held as completely dismiss-able by most "Christian" seminaries and the fourth commandment is entirely aborted, I do not feel that this will continue much longer. As a Jewish believer in Messiah (Moshiac), I hope and believe that Zechariah 14 will soon come to pass and the Christian will bring the Spirit, (Ruach Ha'Kodesh) to the Jewish people.
Shalom.

I observe and I am curious about Zechariah 14. I only don't wear tzit-tzit. I was born a Gentile but I am circumcised.

musterion

Why'd you put "Christian" in quotes? Who exactly are you referring to with that? Please be specific.

wonderingjew

Shalom! I was wondering how many persons call themselves "Christian" and fail to produce fruit. Christian to me means "Like the Messiah". This is why I put this word in quotes, after all, don't the wheat and tares grow up together?

musterion

Shalom! I was wondering how many persons call themselves "Christian" and fail to produce fruit. Christian to me means "Like the Messiah". This is why I put this word in quotes, after all, don't the wheat and tares grow up together?

The ones you refer to...what fruit/s do they lack?

wonderingjew

Truthfully we are all born dead in our sin yes? Galatians 3:14 is awesome and I wonder what the "Promise of the Spirit..." truly is? As to your Tzit-Tzit wearing I wonder if the Campaign "What would Jesus do?' has any effect on us? I wonder if Y'Shua wore Tzit Tzit?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Truthfully we are all born dead in our sin yes? Galatians 3:14 is awesome and I wonder what the "Promise of the Spirit..." truly is? As to your Tzit-Tzit wearing I wonder if the Campaign "What would Jesus do?' has any effect on us? I wonder if Y'Shua wore Tzit Tzit?
Tzit Tzit is a command of Torah so I believe He did.

wonderingjew

Shalom! Jude 1:11-14 is a good example and for any Christian I feel that
"Fruit" and "Gifts" are often confused and thus we must remain vigilant and not perceive a "gift" as maturity. I wonder if Shalom, and Love and all the list given us in Galations 5:22 are that easily seen in us and if so, do we have a way to see this "Fruit" in all it's levels of maturity? This answer may seem cryptic however, we have to remember that fruit doesn't just spring up in a believer and we must patiently care for the trees' roots and wait for the tiny fruit to mature but as to "lack" it can be difficult to see a believer in early stages of producing fruit where blossoms or tiny inedible fruit is present so I wonder if we can patiently wait for this fruit to come forth in each other?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

What fruit would you like to see? are YOU saved? are YOU Messiah like? what fruit have you that we may inspect?

As for "the Christians" bringing the Spirit to Israel I see no scripture for it though I am always willing to be shown, I see the Joos turning to the Lord en masse, as a nation, when "they shall look upon Him who they have pierced and mourn for Him as for a firstborn son...every family." in other words when He returns.

The nation was born in a day and it will be re-born in a day.

That is how I read it.....and though we oughta love the Joo, and wise Christians do, I believe they will be our bitter enemies to the last.

Letsargue

That's a LIE, - NO They are NOT Born DEAD!!!
Who told you that garbage, JEW??

That means Jesus was Born DEAD!!

Paul, David!!!!!

wonderingjew

Thanks I do agree that Israel will all be saved but consider the text concerning Ruth. Is this book not a wonderful revelation of how anyone even a Moabite can become part of G-ds family. I was wondering who Ephraim is in the endtime sripture? Fruit is listed quite plainly in the scripture. Forgive me I was under the impression that we all may have read that part.
As to Letsargue, I wonder if the Son of YHVH had G-ds blood in Him or not? Hmm. Comparing Messiah to us in this fashion seems slightly interesting however, to clarify; Isaiah 64:4-7 or so seem self explanatory.

wonderingjew

What fruit would you like to see? are YOU saved? are YOU Messiah like? what fruit have you that we may inspect?

As for "the Christians" bringing the Spirit to Israel I see no scripture for it though I am always willing to be shown, I see the Joos turning to the Lord en masse, as a nation, when "they shall look upon Him who they have pierced and mourn for Him as for a firstborn son...every family." in other words when He returns.

The nation was born in a day and it will be re-born in a day.

That is how I read it.....and though we oughta love the Joo, and wise Christians do, I believe they will be our bitter enemies to the last.
Shalom everybody!
"What fruit would you like to see? are YOU saved? are YOU Messiah like? what fruit have you that we may inspect?"
Thank you for this because this is the basis of inspecting fruit and those thoughts are not particularly bad but contrary-wise they can be productive in guarding our hearts and keeping ourselves in a place of shalom and love.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
torah ?

torah ?

:king: i just believe the New Covenant. i think orthodox or "old-school" jewish prayer is misguided. selfish. but i speak generally, with no real data to back that up. i just think it's aniquated. i consider it the Old Testament, leading to the New.:greedy:

wonderingjew

Shalom P,Jane: I wonder since you referred to it(the new covenant) can you tell me as with any covenant there are two parts. Party "A" and party "B". Can you tell me what the actual conditions surrounding the "new covenant" are? For instance, we all can agree that we are saved by Grace through Faith and that is unequivocal: I wonder if Jeremiah 31 has anything to do with the new covenant?

Last edited:

wonderingjew

Hebrew Roots/Covenants (plural)

Hebrew Roots/Covenants (plural)

Shalom everyone!
I think the misinterpretation I have heard of exactly what a covenant includes; I feel a response is needed here. Any covenant, regardless of the parameters of time all are inclusive of a "Promise".
Example: When your enemies are to great for you I will defend you, This as simple as it seems dis-includes any dismissal of the covenant just because party "B" fails to keep its' promise. The covenant in Jeremiah 31 does not require ratification by us since it is, like Salvation not of our making. Either this covenant applies to us here in the end-times or it is a lie. Forgive me but from time to time I am wearied by replacement theologists but all is well, the Apostle Peter when he spoke on the Hebrew High day of Shavuot explained that the things they were observing was none other than the Ruach "Holy Spirit" being poured out as promised and we must remember that the early congregation was almost exclusively comprised of Hebrews. When we ask ourselves why there were so many people present and that the simple appointment we have with YHVH on this day was due to the early congregation "obeying" the Torah.
I placed obeying in quotes since it seems to be a foreign word in its scope and meaning to a large percentage of today's Church. A good example is the Sabbath day. We have in our arrogance told G-d which day we choose to "Rest" on and what Holy Days we will or will not observe. Sounds just a bit rebellious to me.
I choose to believe and honor the prophets and do my best to not "change" its' meaning to fit my intellect. So, as I said earlier. a covenant has no basis if a promise is not present so then it is no covenant at all and trying to separate the two from each other is unlearned.
Again in a bit simpler form, a fifty dollar bill has the promise to purchase something of equal value but this does not make the fifty dollar bill the focus of our needs or desires but the promise it represents. And again, A stop sign, once you have stopped at it and continue on your way does this stop sign now have no meaning? Hmm.. I was just wondering.

wonderingjew

Shalom! Thanks so much for guarding the Shabbat. This and a few other steps of obedience will, in these endtimes separate the wise from the unwise. Meet you on Mt.Zion soon!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:doh:
Shalom P,Jane: I wonder since you referred to it(the new covenant) can you tell me as with any covenant there are two parts. Party "A" and party "B". Can you tell me what the actual conditions surrounding the "new covenant" are? For instance, we all can agree that we are saved by Grace through Faith and that is unequivocal: I wonder if Jeremiah 31 has anything to do with the new covenant?

well, yes, Jeremiah's original audience was Judah nd Jerusalem.uring his ministry to urge God's people to turn from sin and back to God. i guess it depends on if we think of Hebrews (jews) as God's only "people" from the tribes of Israel. i think of Israel as all beievers, Jews and gentiles. all mankind. The New Covenant, to me is Jesus Christ also prophesied in OT. i admit i have limited knowlegde of Torah and all the Hebrew:think: writings or teachings. unfairly, i consider it outdated. too much information for me to absorb. too much detail. i'm scared, back to Jeremiah, considered a prophet also at the times of Habakkuk and Zephaniah, spoke with history, poetry, biography and symbolism, and God's judgement of them. he was faithful to God and alo spoke of a new covenant:sozo: