His Fraudulency II oks concentration camps.

chair

He is the President of the United States. Same As Trump was, same as Obama was.

He needs to be tougher on the Chinese (and in foreign policy in general) - and talking about 'cultural norms' with what is going on with the Uyghurs in China is a very bad way of doing this.

I will point out that he said far more than what people have picked up on:

Mr Biden replied, “Well, there will be repercussions for China, and he knows that. What I’m doing is making clear that we are going to reassert our role as spokespersons for human rights at the UN and other agencies that have an impact on their attitudes. China is trying very hard to become the world leader, and to get that moniker and to be able to do that, they have to gain the confidence of other countries. And as long as they are engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it’s gonna be hard for them to do that.”

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Mr Biden replied, “Well, there will be repercussions for China, and he knows that. What I’m doing is making clear that we are going to reassert our role as spokespersons for human rights at the UN and other agencies that have an impact on their attitudes. China is trying very hard to become the world leader, and to get that moniker and to be able to do that, they have to gain the confidence of other countries. And as long as they are engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it’s gonna be hard for them to do that."
No, that is most decidedly NOT what Dementia Joe rambled his way through.

Verbatim from Hilltrot's link:

"You know Chinese leaders if you know anything about Chinese history it has always been time when China has been victimized by the outer world is when they haven't been unified at home so the centra o to vastly overstated the central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united tightly controlled China. And he uses his rationale for the things he does based on that. I point out to him no American president can be sustained as a president if he doesn't reflect the values of the United States. And so the idea I'm not going to speak out against what he's doing in Hong Kong what he's doing with Uighurs in western mountains of of uh China and Taiwan trying to end the one China policy by making it forceful I I said and by the he he gets it. Culturally there are different norms that each country and they their leaders are expected to follow."

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Concentration camps, forced detention and mass rape.

I'm sure the "feminists" on Facebook are totally ignoring the mass rape, they have been for two years.

eider

What would you do?
1. Publicly condemn it.
2. Publicize it.
Its already internationally publicised and condemned.
So all you would do is add hot air.

3. Keep up the pressure on trade and preventing goods made from the region from being sold.
Ah ha..... so you would stop the World from buying the products that Uighurs are making, thus reducing cash flow back in to that region..... but you would buy from elsewhere in China when it suited.

How hypocritical, don't you think?

Hilltrot

Its already internationally publicised and condemned.
Not by Biden or leftists, it isn't. Have you been burying your head in the sand again?
So all you would do is add hot air.
Most people don't know what is happening.
Ah ha..... so you would stop the World from buying the products that Uighurs are making, thus reducing cash flow back in to that region..... but you would buy from elsewhere in China when it suited.
Boy are you stupid. No cash flows into that region.

If I really had my wish, I'd tell Apple and all the other companies, they had 2 years to shift to another country and completely pull the plug if China didn't comply. But, life is not a fairy tale, so I made the demand more reasonable to begin with.

But you're not here to talk about solutions, you're here to troll, so troll away.