Historians rank Trump among worst presidents in US history

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
  • Historians ranked Donald Trump lower than any president in 150 years in a new C-SPAN survey.
  • Trump landed at No. 41 overall out of 44 presidents.
Out of 44 presidents reviewed for the survey by 142 historians and professional observers of the presidency, Trump landed at 41 - the lowest ranking of any president in the past 150 years. The only presidents who ranked lower than Trump were Franklin Pierce, Andrew Johnson, and James Buchanan.

According to the 142 historians who responded to the survey, Andrew Johnson (43rd) and James Buchanan (44th) weren’t just worse than Trump, they were A LOT worse. Trump enjoys nearly a 100 point lead over the pair.

Top 10 presidential rankings by historians for 2021:

presidential2.jpg

Gary K

Banned
Oh, this is funny.

FDR was the guy who gave the nuclear bomb secrets to the Soviets, interned 10s of thousands of Japanese during WWII, and made sure the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese was successful so he could get the US into WWII after promising he'd stay out of the war. He also was responsible for making it illegal for US citizens to own gold during his presidency.

And he was rated by these "historians" as the 3rd greatest president in the US? He was one of the worst presidents in US history. Why else do you think the law banning a third term for presidents was passed overwhelmingly after he was out of office?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with most of the list though I would have ranked FDR as no . 1 followed closely by LBJ and Obama.

Oh, and trump would be in last place.

Gary K

Banned
I agree with most of the list though I would have ranked FDR as no . 1 followed closely by LBJ and Obama.

Oh, and trump would be in last place.

So the more racist a president is, the better you like them. You know what LBJ called blacks? A tigger that begins with an n. That guy told more racist jokes about black people than any other 100 people put together. He hated blacks.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Historians ranked Donald Trump lower than any president in 150 years in a new C-SPAN survey.

He's first in one way: He's the first president in modern history to never reach 50% approval in Gallup polling.

But after that... straight to the bottom again:

According to Gallup, which started tracking presidential performance in 1938, Trump's average approval rating of 41 percent throughout his four-year term is lower than any other commander-in-chief in modern history.

Lon

• Historians ranked Donald Trump lower than any president in 150 years in a new C-SPAN survey.
Not historians then. It is current events commentary. The next generation unaware of Trump, get to be the 'historians.' Always watch out for current politics and political history. I'm not sure where Trump will fall, it will mostly be due to which direction our country takes from here, and the rating will follow accordingly, as it does all of our presidents.

Lon

To be sure, the history of the Trump administration is still being written. There is still room on the list for Trump to go lower.
I'm not really worried about that. I don't believe Obama makes the top list either, because of his partisan agenda that literally has polarized this nation, and not black-white, but conservative values vs. liberal agenda against the American family. But it doesn't matter where either falls, history isn't written by any of us. We are the participants in current events.

Arthur Brain

To be sure, the history of the Trump administration is still being written. There is still room on the list for Trump to go lower.
Harrison certainly had some dislikeable characteristics but he probably still accomplished more in a month than Trump managed in four years...

Lon

Nah, Obama was a far better president. Probably why he served two terms in office and didn't get twice impeached.
Is that how you remember history? There was no president for Republicans. They had marginal options in Romney and McCain: both already doing partisan work with democrats. It means the paint is about the color you want it to be with those brush strokes.

I didn't like Trump or Obama, but I truly believed Obama taxed the middle-class against families in many ways and he is literally, fully, the cause of this huge rift in the U.S. It had nothing to do with his color. It had everything to do with 'if you don't like it, beat us!' from his own mouth. If you liked partisan and minority politics (again not talking black), then he was your man. At LEAST half of the nation disagreed/s with you.