If I ran for President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Liberty

Just a "for fun" thread as I would of course never get elected with this platform, but what the heck:

I would do everything in my power to amend the 1st amendment so as to add an explicit mention of Jesus Christ to the national constitution.

I would do everything in my power to also add a basic statement of faith that generally covers reformation-ish Protestantism (at the very least requiring affirmation of the Nicene Creed and the 5 solas) as a prerequesite for holding public office.

Those who would not take an oath that they believe such would be denied citizenship. They could still live and work in the land, and do anything else a citizen can do but vote or hold office, but are bound by the laws of the land.

Those who do take the oath but subversively break it (by preaching false gospels or false gods) would suffer execution. This would not apply to those who did not take the oath to begin with, though as mentioned they would be sojurners in the land.

Furthermore, blasphemy of the one true God would be a capital crime whether one is a citizen or not.

Adulterers, those who engage in homosexual sex, murderers, rapists, incorrigible rebels who cannot be brought to repentance by any other fashion, those who falsely accuse others of capital crimes, and violators of any other Old Covenant death penalty law not specifically repealed in the New would be executed.

Thieves would always pay resitution. No prisons.

Those who commit assault could suffer flogging or pay resitution to the victims. No prisons.

Government would have no legislature. Only local courts to apply the law to specific situations.

Reactive police force only. Call them up like the fire department, and they will come to help you. No patrol cops allowed.

No standing army. navy and air force supported by armed citizenry.

Destroy graven images that are publicly displayed, including pictures of any person of the trinity, or idols, no matter who owns them.

Taxes strictly limited to 9% or less. I'd also like to have a further limiter, say 3-5%, during peacetime.

Other than that I pretty much want to leave everyone alone. Repeal all laws not justified by the laws in God's Word. This includes most economic regulation, drug laws, gun control, etc. Government can repress grave evil but it cannot fix all of our social problems. Families, churches, and markets need to pick up the slack as the State shrinks back to a manageable size.

Well, that's what I would do if I were President, if possible.

OCTOBER23

I would change my name to George Obama Trump and
bring back the guillotine for the Death Penalty and wearing green socks.

shagster01

Just a "for fun" thread as I would of course never get elected with this platform, but what the heck:

I would do everything in my power to amend the 1st amendment so as to add an explicit mention of Jesus Christ to the national constitution.

I would do everything in my power to also add a basic statement of faith that generally covers reformation-ish Protestantism (at the very least requiring affirmation of the Nicene Creed and the 5 solas) as a prerequesite for holding public office.

Those who would not take an oath that they believe such would be denied citizenship. They could still live and work in the land, and do anything else a citizen can do but vote or hold office, but are bound by the laws of the land.

Those who do take the oath but subversively break it (by preaching false gospels or false gods) would suffer execution. This would not apply to those who did not take the oath to begin with, though as mentioned they would be sojurners in the land.

Furthermore, blasphemy of the one true God would be a capital crime whether one is a citizen or not.

Adulterers, those who engage in homosexual sex, murderers, rapists, incorrigible rebels who cannot be brought to repentance by any other fashion, those who falsely accuse others of capital crimes, and violators of any other Old Covenant death penalty law not specifically repealed in the New would be executed.

Those who commit assault could suffer flogging or pay resitution to the victims. No prisons.

Government would have no legislature. Only local courts to apply the law to specific situations.

Reactive police force only. Call them up like the fire department, and they will come to help you. No patrol cops allowed.

Destroy graven images that are publicly displayed, including pictures of any person of the trinity, or idols, no matter who owns them.

Taxes strictly limited to 9% or less. I'd also like to have a further limiter, say 3-5%, during peacetime.

Other than that I pretty much want to leave everyone alone. Repeal all laws not justified by the laws in God's Word. This includes most economic regulation, drug laws, gun control, etc. Government can repress grave evil but it cannot fix all of our social problems. Families, churches, and markets need to pick up the slack as the State shrinks back to a manageable size.

With all this stuff you've written, I'm baffled by the word "liberty" in your name.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

Man. If only ISIS was cool with worshipping Jesus then you'd fit in so well. The changes you've proposed would turn US law into the Christian version of Sharia.

Do you have a problem with ISIS executing Christians for not being Muslim? Because you're proposing the exact same thing

HisServant

Show me where you are different than ISIS?

HisServant

1.) Eliminate all taxes except for income tax... and cap the percentage via a constitution amendment which makes it impossible for the federal government to raise taxes without a constitutional amendment.

2.) Term limits, 2 for Senators, 4 for representatives.

3.) Elected officials should not get a permanent salary or any benefits whatsoever when they leave office.

4.) Make passing laws that are known to be unconstitutional illegal and those that vote for them go to prison. (abortion restrictions, campaign finance reform, etc.. etc.. etc.) If we want to change these things, they must go through the constitutional amendment process.

5.) Make any violation of the constitution by elected officials be subject to capital punishment.... they swore to uphold the constitution.. if the violate it, it is treason.

and so on.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

There are some fine young lads in Syria trying to set up just such a government. I think you might like it.

You want to be president of Iran?

With all this stuff you've written, I'm baffled by the word "liberty" in your name.

Man. If only ISIS was cool with worshipping Jesus then you'd fit in so well. The changes you've proposed would turn US law into the Christian version of Sharia.

Do you have a problem with ISIS executing Christians for not being Muslim? Because you're proposing the exact same thing

:chuckle:

Show me where you are different than ISIS?

I agree with all of the responses.

:plain: CL, you clearly do not value liberty for anyone other than yourself and those who believe exactly as you do.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Man. If only ISIS was cool with worshipping Jesus then you'd fit in so well.

What gives you the impression that Jr. is a follower of Christ? (His list is as far away from Christianity as one can get...it's a combination of Libertarianism and Theonomy).

GFR7

The no prisons and no standing army are excellent ideas. But the above would be open to such interpretations (just look at the myriad of self-professed Christians or religious who are anything but) that I cannot see how it could be enforced, though it is interesting as a proposal :think:

Christian Liberty

There are some fine young lads in Syria trying to set up just such a government. I think you might like it.

You want to be president of Iran?

LOL! @ leftists who think they understand liberty.

No Sharia is not in any meaningful way comparable to Christian theonomy.

Meh, I took the name when I was a libertarian but it doesn't matter. I absolutely support liberty. Just not your version.

No, and I'm not advocating executing people for not being Christina. Do you even read?

I of course knew I'd recieve such liberal responses though. LOL!
The no prisons and no standing army are excellent ideas. But the above would be open to such interpretations (just look at the myriad of self-professed Christians or religious who are anything but) that I cannot see how it could be enforced, though it is interesting as a proposal :think:

I'll message you later. Mostly I just wanted to see all the leftists and modern right wingers freak out, lol

shagster01

LOL! @ leftists who think they understand liberty.

No Sharia is not in any meaningful way comparable to Christian theonomy.

The only difference is the name of the guy you are following.

Meh, I took the name when I was a libertarian but it doesn't matter. I absolutely support liberty. Just not your version.

It's been sad to see you morph into a theocrat.

"You are not a citizen unless you swear to uphold my religious dogma. That is liberty." -you

Status
Not open for further replies.