I'm looking for a MAD or Open Bible curriculum for homeschooling

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Though this isn't exactly what you're looking for, Berean Bible Society has a kids' Sunday School curriculum called "Growing Up In Grace." Check it out from their website; you might be able to incorporate it into your homeschooling somehow. I've not checked it out thoroughly, so I'm not necessarily recommending it. But they're certainly grace, dispensational, and MidActs.

Randy

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not sure what you mean? You want science books based on MAD? MAD is an historical event more than anything.

Or just teaching it? Both can be taught straight from the Bible. ;)

Aurora3

I want a Bible curriculum. I would love to see something from an open theism perspective, but figured I might have more luck with mid-acts.

My current curriculum much to my embarrassment claims that God stopped time for Joshua when he stopped the sun for about a day. How do they know it was for about a day if time actually stopped?

I'm looking for something on a primary level.

Dawn

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Berean Bible Society's curriculum certainly wouldn't be from an Open Theism perspective.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
...a long, long, long time ago there was a rumor about a curriculum called "The Plot Boys" based on "The Plot" by Mr. Enyart. I haven't heard anything about for a while now though :(

While I can not give you an idea of what you are looking for, I can tell you ABeka is calvinistic. If you find one, please share :) It would be more beneficial to just teach rightly to begin with than correct after the fact. :)

csuguy

why don't you just read the Bible and talk about it?

Easier said than done -there is a lot of stuff in there. It takes a lot of study to be able to move beyond the most basic theology. Even if you know support for a certain theology (like Calvinism) you might not know how to deal with apparently conflicting scriptures/views. It is a lot of work - and even more if your trying to teach someone else.

But I agree, the first step is to simply start by reading the bible. Have them read the entire NT :thumb:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...a long, long, long time ago there was a rumor about a curriculum called "The Plot Boys" based on "The Plot" by Mr. Enyart. I haven't heard anything about for a while now though :(
The editing on that got sidetracked for a while but I just heard the other day, that it is moving forward once again. Unfortunately the project has taken so long that the "Plot Boys" are expected to be "Plot Men" before it is available!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The sun didn't stop. Well, general relativity perspective wise maybe. We orbit the sun. He stopped the earth.

ddevonb

The editing on that got sidetracked for a while but I just heard the other day, that it is moving forward once again. Unfortunately the project has taken so long that the "Plot Boys" are expected to be "Plot Men" before it is available!

Yes indeed!

I am working on editing the "Plot Boys". I expect to be done by sometime in the next couple of months. It is a fairly major project. The finished project should run about 36 hours.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Yes indeed!

I am working on editing the "Plot Boys". I expect to be done by sometime in the next couple of months. It is a fairly major project. The finished project should run about 36 hours.

:banana::banana::banana:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes indeed!

36 hours?:jawdrop:

ddevonb

36 hours?:jawdrop:

Yes... There will be 36 sessions where Bob Enyart will teach through the entire book "The Plot" along with Josh Craddock and Stephen Sutherland. I thing Josh was 12 and Stephen was 13 when they started this project and it took well over a year to record the sessions.

This will be a great home school bible teaching resource. I will make sure to post a notice on TOL when it's finished.

By the way... all of the Bob Enyart bible studies are now available to purchase as mp3 downloads, so no matter where you live, you can buy then immediately download and start listening.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I recently found the following dispensational study geared towards kids. I have not read it so I cannot speak on where it stands dispensationally but based upon the other books they sell, it appears to be what you might be looking for.

It is called "Young Believers Foundational Grace Truth" from the following website http://www.bdtlb.org/

Below is a direct link to the resource through their store.

https://www.store.bdtlb.org/product_info.php?products_id=320